Cleric robe meta

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cleric robe meta

Since the soldier armor nerf...

Sure been a lot of cleric robes around....

LOOK AT THIS

I feel a nerf incoming for the sake of build diversity.....

I know your bath robes and bucket shoes/helm build carries you hard but... its really time for it to go for the sake of interesting pvp.

Before we are all wearing the same stuff, please, take them off and try something other than what google or your guild tells you is the best, be diverse in your builds!
    • Dismadeus wrote:

Before we are all wearing the same stuff, please, take them off and try something other than what google or your guild tells you is the best, be diverse in your builds!
      it’s a full loot game good luck getting pple to not use builds that provide a clear advantage. or their guild will flame them for not wearing optimal gear. Possibly kick if they keep wearing sub optimal builds.

So it’s an easy choice for most pple.

Stop crying into space and provide a solution to the issue. Your OP propose solutions or this is just a rant
    • Owlsane wrote:

and also unusued speels on other weapons that is like 1000 times more important to change than a gimmicky graveguard+cleric set that is counterable.
      If it was counterable why is it so common? The answer is because it's not really all that counterable. Your timing window, even if you have a Fiend Cowl on to Purge it, is incredibly small. Coupled with lag it's pretty much completely safe. Most attacks and effects are DOTs as well, and lag makes some weird stuff happen when trying to time auto attacks. A half-decent player with GG/Cleric Robe is going to nail it 9/10 times without trying.

It's basic logic: if it was so easy to be countered it wouldn't be on 5-7 people in an Arena and in just about every YouTube video I've seen of EPIC 1v3 WIN!!!! in the last month. It's very clearly broken.
    • Arena is the thing that you shouldn't take as an example.

Also this gimmick is there since albion exist and nobody complained about that until now. Asking nerfs to every gimmick of the game insteat of better yourself won't make your pvp experience better. If you nerf that an another gimmick will take his place etc etc...

EDIT : Let's take a good example of league. When a champ is broken every shitters complain, the champ is nerfed then an another one take place to be the number one broken champ. Instead of improving themselves and try to find ways to deal against the "broken champ" they only do complain.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Owlsane ().

• 1) The link in the OP is broken
      2) The Clearic + GG can be countered 3 different ways

Acoustic wrote:

If it was counterable why is it so common?
      because apparently its not common for people to think "outside the box" and be creative... that is unfortunate

Acoustic wrote:

The answer is because it's not really all that counterable
      Nope, the answer is - see above.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

1) The link in the OP is broken

Acoustic wrote:

because apparently its not common for people to think "outside the box" and be creative... that is unfortunate

Acoustic wrote:

And those three different ways are what? Because Fiend Cowl isn't one of them.
    • Acoustic wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

1) The link in the OP is broken

Acoustic wrote:

Acoustic wrote:

And those three different ways are what? Because Fiend Cowl isn't one of them.
      1) Cleric robe and GG are 2 items, right? Chest piece and head piece. So you can counter with another 2 item combo = Merc Jacket and Guardian helmet. Together the Merc and the Guardian heal for more total HP then the Cleric + GG combo and have much shorter CDs. Guardian has other secondary benefits like clearing all DOTs, and healing people around you.
      2) Fiend Cowl. This one is much trickier and harder to use, because you are expecting to counter 2 items with 1. So yeah. Its hard and probably a bad choice if you have a DOT based weapon and bad ping. But its an option. You want to counter 2 items with one - its gonna be harder and very skill intensive.
      3) Mage robe. This one is the easiest and most noob friendly option. You don't even have to skillshot it. Just activate when enemy has around 50% HP (when they are about to Cleric+GG) and it will purge everything as long as they are still attacking you. If enemy has some kind of a DOT/bleed attack then this takes absolutely 0 skill to use, as it will just auto-purge everything on your opponent.

You're welcome ;)

EDIT: I fixed your link: albiononline2d.com/en/meta
      I only see Cleric + GG in 9th place in solo, and nowhere else (ZvZ, 20v20, 10v10 5v5 or even 2v2), so Im not even sure what you were trying to prove...

EDIT #2: 4) Cultist Robe. Heals way more and more often (lower CD) then Cleric + GG, you you out-sustain them

The post was edited 3 times, last by Captainrussia ().

• Captainrussia wrote:

1) Cleric robe and GG are 2 items, right? Chest piece and head piece. So you can counter with another 2 item combo = Merc Jacket and Guardian helmet. Together the Merc and the Guardian heal for more total HP then the Cleric + GG combo and have much shorter CDs. Guardian has other secondary benefits like clearing all DOTs, and healing people around you.2) Fiend Cowl. This one is much trickier and harder to use, because you are expecting to counter 2 items with 1. So yeah. Its hard and probably a bad choice if you have a DOT based weapon and bad ping. But its an option. You want to counter 2 items with one - its gonna be harder and very skill intensive.
      3) Mage robe. This one is the easiest and most noob friendly option. You don't even have to skillshot it. Just activate when enemy has around 50% HP (when they are about to Cleric+GG) and it will purge everything as long as they are still attacking you. If enemy has some kind of a DOT/bleed attack then this takes absolutely 0 skill to use, as it will just auto-purge everything on your opponent.

You're welcome ;)

EDIT: I fixed your link: albiononline2d.com/en/meta
      I only see Cleric + GG in 9th place in solo, and nowhere else (ZvZ, 20v20, 10v10 5v5 or even 2v2), so Im not even sure what you were trying to prove...

EDIT #2: 4) Cultist Robe. Heals way more and more often (lower CD) then Cleric + GG, you you out-sustain them
      Merc Jacket and Guardian helmet doesn't make you invincible, doesn't heal you instantly, doesn't massively increase your damage, and will lose to GG/Cleric every single time unless you're using something that triggers Merc Jacket insanely fast (Curse/Fire dots, Crossbow/bows, E from Claws, Spin2Win).

Fiend cowl, as I explained, basically doesn't work. Fiend Cowl even has a lengthy animation just to make sure you know you're doing nothing. Keep in mind that it's super easy to trigger your Cleric robe based off what the enemy is doing, such as AOEs, DOTs, or wind ups. Am I not supposed to be doing these attacks? Well then I'm pretty screwed because the enemy doesn't have to worry.

Mage robe isn't going to stop anything unless the person using Cleric Robe/GG Helm are idiots. That's way easier to counter than, "not hitting the cleric robe". I'm not entirely sure, but if I was using a big damage ability, wouldn't the damage still go through with the 30% and just remove it after? Or does it remove it first then calculate?

Cultist Robe is fighting cancer with cancer. An item that fully heals your HP/SP and makes you immune to damage while having a short cooldown? Yeah that probably shouldn't be in the game. Even if you try to interrupt it with an ability that you're probably saving to, "counter it" they've probably already healed 2-3 ticks off of it and that ability (like a Broadsword E) does zero damage, so there's never a point where a cultist robe isn't going to be extremely effective. At the absolute worst you pop Graveguard Boots (you're going to have them) and run away for a second then pop your cultist and heal mostly completely up before the enemy gets anywhere near you, then you casually saunter back in with full HP/SP ready to fight again. Bonus points for also lasting long enough in the fight that the CD is back up (which isn't hard, it's only 45 seconds without any reduction). Cleric Robe/GG Helm would actually counter this if your interrupt isn't your primary damage ability as you get a massive damage boost and can trigger it before the fight (forcing them to try to use Cultist Robe to keep up) or after you interrupt their Cultist Robe as they'll be desperate to get some good hits in. Meanwhile, the Cleric Robe user is going to be popping everything as it's off CD because they don't have to care.

I'm surprised you didn't mention Fiend Robe to be honest, because that's 4 seconds of, "you don't get to play the video game".

Yes, you can counter it in some ways. No, they probably don't matter, as there is always counters to counters. Most of the time it's just going to be the fact I'm using some obscenely high DPS weapon and the 3 seconds of invulnerability is enough alone to make up for it let alone instantly healing 1200-1500 HP.

I think my biggest problem with all of this is if you don't have the right weapon or your build didn't consider you were going to face this? You're done. There's NOTHING you can do. You might as well just AFK and let them loot you because you're not going to be beating them. It is entirely possible to not have a single interrupt on you (it's quite easy, actually) and going up against a Cultist Robe. It's also easy to have that interrupt and go against somebody not using anything interruptible, meaning your damage output is most likely lower than theirs and you're going to suffer for it and have a completely wasted skill slot.

It looks super easy to counter on paper, but in practice it's not. That's why it's such a common setup with Cultist Robe.
    • Acoustic wrote:

Yes, you can counter it in some ways. No, they probably don't matter, as there is always counters to counters. Most of the time it's just going to be the fact I'm using some obscenely high DPS weapon and the 3 seconds of invulnerability is enough alone to make up for it let alone instantly healing 1200-1500 HP.

I think my biggest problem with all of this is if you don't have the right weapon or your build didn't consider you were going to face this? You're done. There's NOTHING you can do. You might as well just AFK and let them loot you because you're not going to be beating them. It is entirely possible to not have a single interrupt on you (it's quite easy, actually) and going up against a Cultist Robe. It's also easy to have that interrupt and go against somebody not using anything interruptible, meaning your damage output is most likely lower than theirs and you're going to suffer for it and have a completely wasted skill slot.
      Yes, and what you are describing here is called "meta". You can never counter an item if you have a wrong item/build against it. Thats the whole point. You run what you think will net you the most kills, based on what the "meta" is. If you think meta is Cleric + GG - you run whatever counters that. If you happen to be wrong, most likely you will lose (if you have wrong items vs a wrong enemy - like you have described).

Knowing what the meta is and how to counter it - that is the majority of the "skill" of being good in solo or group PVP.

Acoustic wrote:

It looks super easy to counter on paper, but in practice it's not. That's why it's such a common setup with Cultist Robe.
      The end of your post seems a bit off... you started ranting about Cleric+GG, after I provided counters - you continued to rant and provided some random arguemnts... but then you ended your post talking about Cultist Robe?!?
    • Power of Cleric robe + GG combo in open world Only because it is robe.

Let me explain you , this combo become strong only if you use Healing potion ( it is affected by native healing bonus) on top of that , and you have minimum +250 spec on each item, otherwise heal amount/armor amount would be low and you will not be able to sustain in long-term fights. In all other circumstances - this combo is so-so.

If we talk about about same high experienced player fights - All will depend on what weapon/boots/food/potion/cape both players will use and of-course where do they fight and playstyle. This "combo" will Not be ever Press to Win.

As people told higher , there are plenty of ways how to counter , and believe me - there are much more ways to outplay this type of combination. You don't need to counter it intentionally at all , if you know how to press buttons/know when to fight etc.
      ----------------

When you see big numbers like +1200 heal etc. - your eyes are cheating on you. It is not so effective as you think. I know , it is hard to believe, especially if you play this game not for a long time , but it is truth.

----------------

All depends on the whole build/gameplay, this is not the case when you can take such combo (cleric+gg) and tell : " It is OP, fix it"

Last but not least , if you want to reference on facts - the only way when ANY combination become OP , it is when people are starts using it almost in any type of activity for any type of goal they got , with most of weapons that exist in the game. OR There is no other acceptable alternatives for certain type of content. And it is not this case , which automatically refute your thoughts.

The perfect example of real OP item , even not combination - Graveguard Boots.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Equart ().