Castle Outpost Loot Needs BOOSTING BY A LOT!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Castle Outpost Loot Needs BOOSTING BY A LOT!

So I opened three Castle Outpost chests and the loot is shown below, now... to fight over an Outpost you're looking to send about 20 players within your guild to fight over it, this is 20 players all in ZvZ gear, even if it's 6.1 and Tier 4 relics this loot doesn't even come close to what you'll lose if two or more of your players die.

These castle loot chests should be rewarding enough for guilds to actually go to them and fight for them! If a guild is low of funds, they won't go to an Outpost with the current loot table because it just isn't worth the time AT ALL! Please for the love of god, adjust and improve these loot tables, it's truly shocking how bad they are right now.

clap
    • Wont it give energy as well since it gives season points?

Rewards are pretty similar to crystal gvgs, where you have to bring 3+ sets, so bascially main reward is the points, and you gonna lose money if you dont roll over people just like in crystals.

But I do agree it needs a boost, its laughable rewards for this type of content are worse than 2v2 hellgate besides siphoned energy

The post was edited 2 times, last by tabooshka ().

• If i read the Dev Talk Season 7 update correctly, the castle outposts are intended to add more potential rewards for the smaller guilds. It literally says in their statement that the castle outposts will "opening more opportunities for smaller guilds to claim an outpost for themselves, while larger guilds will tend to fight over the big castles."

So the fact that someone from a large guild thinks these outpost rewards are not worth their time, means this is working exactly as intended.
    • MarauderShields wrote:

If i read the Dev Talk Season 7 update correctly, the castle outposts are intended to add more potential rewards for the smaller guilds. It literally says in their statement that the castle outposts will "opening more opportunities for smaller guilds to claim an outpost for themselves, while larger guilds will tend to fight over the big castles."

So the fact that someone from a large guild thinks these outpost rewards are not worth their time, means this is working exactly as intended.
      Did you even read what I wrote?

A smaller guild won't throw 20 people in ZvZ gear to fight over an Outpost for the loot shown above, it legit covers 1 or maybe 2 deaths MAX. So backwards.

clap
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

MarauderShields wrote:

If i read the Dev Talk Season 7 update correctly, the castle outposts are intended to add more potential rewards for the smaller guilds. It literally says in their statement that the castle outposts will "opening more opportunities for smaller guilds to claim an outpost for themselves, while larger guilds will tend to fight over the big castles."

A smaller guild won't throw 20 people in ZvZ gear to fight over an Outpost for the loot shown above, it legit covers 1 or maybe 2 deaths MAX. So backwards.
      I think his point was that the loot is not supposed to entice 200 guys in 8.1 gear to show up and battle for it. That if you show up over geared to fight for it, the mistake is yours for being over geared.

And, honestly, I think there could be 2 carrots in that chest along with the internet points redeemable for 300 Battle mounts, and people would still show up over geared. Then other people would show up over geared to kill those people and steal their gear.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Piddle wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

MarauderShields wrote:

Did you even read what I wrote?A smaller guild won't throw 20 people in ZvZ gear to fight over an Outpost for the loot shown above, it legit covers 1 or maybe 2 deaths MAX. So backwards.
      I think his point was that the loot is not supposed to entice 200 guys in 8.1 gear to show up and battle for it. That if you show up over geared to fight for it, the mistake is yours for being over geared.
      And, honestly, I think there could be 2 carrots in that chest along with the internet points redeemable for 300 Battle mounts, and people would still show up over geared. Then other people would show up over geared to kill those people and steal their gear.
      That was exactly what I was trying to get at, thank you for clarifying my point.

I think in a few weeks the big guilds will realize that these outposts are a waste of time for them and they will focus on taking a couple of the large castles that have 4 times the rewards. Then the small 20-50 player guilds can take a shot at these outposts with T4.2 gear and get a decent rewards for what they are risking! Thus achieving the goal of bringing the small guilds into the mix!

...or the outposts will be a complete bomb and get reworked in 3 months when the next patch comes out. :thumbsup:
    • I heard a great suggestion from a fellow IG friend the other day. Since HCE is essentially dead content why not add another avenue to acquire royal sigil? Perhaps add sigils to castle loot and that would increase the value/competition for castle chests. Right now all royal gear costs a fortune just because of the lack of sigils in game. Adding another way to acquire sigils would enrich the castle loot like people are asking as well as normalize the current over priced market for Royal gear.
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

We've been "throwing" 8 people at these outposts and having a blast capturing them. Why would you throw 20? That sounds ridiculous.

MEATCUP wrote:

What’s the least amount of effort required to take one
      The very least least is 2, altho that would take too long and probably not worth it. So 3-4 is the right number for "least, yet still effective" amount. As a small guild - we've been going with about 8.

Tabor wrote:

Right now all royal gear costs a fortune just because of the lack of sigils in game.
      Right, so Supply/Demand and player driven economy = more players will start getting sigils if they become expensive (read = rewarding) enough.

Tabor wrote:

Adding another way to acquire sigils would enrich the castle loot like people are asking as well as normalize the current over priced market for Royal gear.
      No, adding another way to get sigils is the same as adding another way to obtain city hearts or tier 8 resource = the only thing it will result in is crashing the market. Let Supply/Demand balance itself, stop trying to introduce synthetic manipulations into the organic economy.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

We've been "throwing" 8 people at these outposts and having a blast capturing them. Why would you throw 20? That sounds ridiculous.

MEATCUP wrote:

What’s the least amount of effort required to take one
      The very least least is 2, altho that would take too long and probably not worth it. So 3-4 is the right number for "least, yet still effective" amount. As a small guild - we've been going with about 8.

Tabor wrote:

Right now all royal gear costs a fortune just because of the lack of sigils in game.
      Right, so Supply/Demand and player driven economy = more players will start getting sigils if they become expensive (read = rewarding) enough.

Tabor wrote:

Adding another way to acquire sigils would enrich the castle loot like people are asking as well as normalize the current over priced market for Royal gear.
      No, adding another way to get sigils is the same as adding another way to obtain city hearts or tier 8 resource = the only thing it will result in is crashing the market. Let Supply/Demand balance itself, stop trying to introduce synthetic manipulations into the organic economy.

We aren't all in Martlock where there is no ZvZ contesting these.
      Discord: ChaosCircle#9506

Neighborhood Watch is always recruiting!