Are we getting a server upgrade?

• I think it's very hard to give an equal ping to every player, since it's a global server and some places have more proximity with the main server, but it's not a fair game to have this much of a difference, it's like making a two guys marathon, but one run normally and the other under the water.

If it's in the end of the player the problem (radio internet and a windows 98 pc) the devs have nothing to do, but they need to ensure they provide an equal service and opportunity to all players. It's impossible to make a fair hardcore game like they intend with this problem on the way.

I noted that in some maps my ping is 130 and in others is 150-160. I didn't do any research on that, but someone told me that some maps are in different servers and some are closer to me than others, that's why the ping varies so much... and that's very cool. If we had some regions/maps made like so, we may benefit the players from different regions and make it more interesting. I don't want to sacrifice the global server, part of the richness of the game is seeing other languages/cultures in the global chat and inside the game, but if it may comes a time where some pressure arises to create individual regional albion servers or some bullcrap like that... Better to discuss it now, than later.
    • Nemesis wrote:

I think it's very hard to give an equal ping to every player, since it's a global server and some places have more proximity with the main server, but it's not a fair game to have this much of a difference, it's like making a two guys marathon, but one run normally and the other under the water.

If it's in the end of the player the problem (radio internet and a windows 98 pc) the devs have nothing to do, but they need to ensure they provide an equal service and opportunity to all players. It's impossible to make a fair hardcore game like they intend with this problem on the way.

I noted that in some maps my ping is 130 and in others is 150-160. I didn't do any research on that, but someone told me that some maps are in different servers and some are closer to me than others, that's why the ping varies so much... and that's very cool. If we had some regions/maps made like so, we may benefit the players from different regions and make it more interesting. I don't want to sacrifice the global server, part of the richness of the game is seeing other languages/cultures in the global chat and inside the game, but if it may comes a time where some pressure arises to create individual regional albion servers or some bullcrap like that... Better to discuss it now, than later.
      Used to play with 160/180 but now on some maps i am jumping to 300
    • Same thing here, used to be 160, now it's constantly 220 with rubberbanding all the time.

I stopped playing 1-2 months ago when the situation started to deteriorate badly, rn the game is borderline unplayable.

I really like Albion but technically the game sucks... poor infra, unstable backend, desynced client, instanced maps with hard loading instead of smooth transitions, obvious bugs happening since ever.
    • Devastate wrote:

Same thing here, used to be 160, now it's constantly 220 with rubberbanding all the time.

I stopped playing 1-2 months ago when the situation started to deteriorate badly, rn the game is borderline unplayable.

I really like Albion but technically the game sucks... poor infra, unstable backend, desynced client, instanced maps with hard loading instead of smooth transitions, obvious bugs happening since ever.
      I might follow you, tried some hellgates with 300+ ping, people jumping around, skills not working, or going out with delay. its just a waste of time
    • What the hell is going on with the servers for real? Earlier today we couldnt even scrim because it was unplayable with ping being the usual 120-130, ms 13-15 but it was like having 1000 ping, people teleporting around, spells with 1-2 seconds delay or not working at all. Seriously are we going to get an official statement about the poor state of the server and if its going to get better?
      This is getting worse day by day.