The Term "Slow Loader" and Its Effects

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • The Term "Slow Loader" and Its Effects

      so.. you are called a "slow loader" when some gankers start chasing you when both parties are on mount. And when you zone to a different map because of you having 100+ ms ping while your chasers have 40 ms New York server adjacent ping; even they zone 2 seconds after you, they appear in the new map before you appear in it.

      which in the end destroys the gap/distance between you and them, and after some time they are able to get in front of you and make you dismounted and finally dead.

      there should be an average and fixed map zoning duration of 8 to 10 seconds for every player to minimize the effects of slow loading. if the player zones in the new map in just 3 seconds in reality, he should be made wait for another 5 or 7 seconds, or if he zones in like 6 seconds in reality he should again be made wait for another 2 or 4 seconds.

      it has a lot of negative effects in the game, even more than the exploit of using 21:9 monitors.

      i hope you take this seriously, @Korn.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by solventh ().

    • Piddle wrote:

      Some people having a problem sometimes, because of latency, is no reason to punish all people all the time, with extra loading.
      so u want the people all immigrate to the united states instead, eh? :] i hope you get what you deserve for choosing the unfair.

      and it s not called punishment but balancing.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by solventh ().

    • solventh wrote:

      Piddle wrote:

      Some people having a problem sometimes, because of latency, is no reason to punish all people all the time, with extra loading.
      and it s not called punishment but balancing.
      With that thought process I could also make the argument that everyone in a zone should have their ping increased to be even with the person with the highest ping. That way everyone has the exact same opportunity to react at the same times and people don't have 2-3 second advantages. There's nothing even close to "balancing" in the argument I just made and yours. You are 100% punishing players because they happen to live closer to the server with your proposed fix.

      solventh wrote:

      Piddle wrote:

      Some people having a problem sometimes, because of latency, is no reason to punish all people all the time, with extra loading.
      so u want the people all immigrate to the united states instead, eh? :] i hope you get what you deserve for choosing the unfair.
      Also nice strawman
    • FriendlyFire wrote:

      solventh wrote:

      so u want the people all immigrate to the united states instead, eh? :] i hope you get what you deserve for choosing the unfair.
      "Slow loading" is not about ping, but loading the new map on your computer. Get an SSD ($50 at most) if you want to load fast. Has nothing to do with where you live.
      i have 3700x, 1060, samsung 970 m.2 500 GB. stop talking about something you dont even experience. my guess is that your ping average is definitely under 100 ms.
    • Cotster44 wrote:

      With that thought process I could also make the argument that everyone in a zone should have their ping increased to be even with the person with the highest ping. That way everyone has the exact same opportunity to react at the same times and people don't have 2-3 second advantages. There's nothing even close to "balancing" in the argument I just made and yours. You are 100% punishing players because they happen to live closer to the server with your proposed fix.


      you cant make an argument like that because latency differences among players (40 to 190 ms) does NOT affect them THAT MUCH, when they do things IN THE MAP. above 190-200 ms even your latency color goes to yellow from green which implies things might go bad for you on everything you do, which is EVEN accepted by the developers of this game.

      this means; if you decided to play this game with above 200 ms latency you already accept to sacrifice about things even if you are not aware.

      secondly, your argument is wrong with a proof. if i was having the things you said, i d not be able to make 1 screen of distance to the chasers (with 40 ms ping) i had, with me having an average of 170 ms latency. and i m easily able to achieve that.

      also, the thing you are asking is like impossible for the devs to implement by code. it would require a lot of server cpu power.

      but implementing it at zoning from a map (which is a sub server) is not that hard. it can be done easily which would minimize the unfair advantage they are getting from it.

      "You are 100% punishing players because they happen to live closer to the server with your proposed fix."

      or you are 100% punishing players because they happen to live away from the server.

      and let me guess again. the people who stand opposed to this idea are almost gonna be the people who live close to the server. you are from the us, too, dont you? :]

      The post was edited 1 time, last by solventh ().

    • solventh wrote:

      Piddle wrote:

      Some people having a problem sometimes, because of latency, is no reason to punish all people all the time, with extra loading.
      so u want the people all immigrate to the united states instead, eh? :] i hope you get what you deserve for choosing the unfair.
      and it s not called punishment but balancing
      It's a punishment if I am a 3rd party to your concerns and yet am being additionally restricted.

      It's like if "someone" was mad "they" are so stupid, and "they" want everyone else lobotomized. Sure, its sort of fair that the kids who make fun of "them" in their school yard are just as dumb now. But, I am just over here minding my own business and you want them taking a poker to my brain. Definitely punishment.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Piddle wrote:

      solventh wrote:

      Piddle wrote:

      Some people having a problem sometimes, because of latency, is no reason to punish all people all the time, with extra loading.
      so u want the people all immigrate to the united states instead, eh? :] i hope you get what you deserve for choosing the unfair.and it s not called punishment but balancing
      It's a punishment if I am a 3rd party to your concerns and yet am being additionally restricted.
      It's like if "someone" was mad "they" are so stupid, and "they" want everyone else lobotomized. Sure, its sort of fair that the kids who make fun of "them" in their school yard are just as dumb now. But, I am just over here minding my own business and you want them taking a poker to my brain. Definitely punishment.
      let me put it in this way then:

      IT IS A BALANCING METHOD to share the water everyone gets EQUALLY. and yeah, you are from the u.s., too, eh?