PvP Looting, the fact that they allow this is ridiculous

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Fusionbomb wrote:

      There is literally nothing to argue about. In case you forgot, you're the one trying to change a general/basic game mechanic.
      This game is suppose to be hardcore , going into a pvp scenario knowing full well you have plenty of team members to quickly loot your items shouldn't be a thing, you should be punished for mistakes you make.This has been around since beta yes, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't change, and all i'm asking is for a min and max of 10 seconds looting delay on the body.

      Edit:Example "I don't care if i die to these 2 gankers that outplay me in front of my 10 man team because my team can just loot me"

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Tempei ().

    • Well,

      For a couple of time you had people that empty a corpse even with scrolling in less than a second

      Nobody knows it and I would never accuse someone if I cannot proofe something

      But creating a loot Marco is a potential explanation for people that loot 40 items in less than a second.. on the other hand they might just be incredibly fast in typing .. nobody knows.

      But in order to make sure, it is not an automatism doing it, who would be hurt, if maximum one stack per second could be looted?

      Then it is on equal terms and even chest ratting would be under control, at least partially..
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

      Well,

      For a couple of time you had people that empty a corpse even with scrolling in less than a second

      Nobody knows it and I would never accuse someone if I cannot proofe something

      But creating a loot Marco is a potential explanation for people that loot 40 items in less than a second.. on the other hand they might just be incredibly fast in typing .. nobody knows.

      But in order to make sure, it is not an automatism doing it, who would be hurt, if maximum one stack per second could be looted?

      Then it is on equal terms and even chest ratting would be under control, at least partially..
      Thing is as you can see in the gif, i need to loot quick since the rest of his team is demounting , i don't have seconds to spare per loot, I have to loot quick and port through.I think the best way is the 10 second delay and i can loot as fast as i want.
    • Falk_ wrote:

      I agree. It sucks when you kill someone in an outnumbered situation and the dead man friends just loot it all quicker and safer than you and tou end up risking a lot for very little.

      It would be a nice chance to allow only the killer (and maybe its party members) to loot the corpse in the first 10 seconds.
      I can understand why you would want this, but why is it better? What makes you more deserving to keep that loot, than the guys friends. Why should they have to just stand there and watch you pick up their homies loot and then jet off with it?

      Your way seems less fair and less fun.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Piddle wrote:

      Falk_ wrote:

      I agree. It sucks when you kill someone in an outnumbered situation and the dead man friends just loot it all quicker and safer than you and tou end up risking a lot for very little.

      It would be a nice chance to allow only the killer (and maybe its party members) to loot the corpse in the first 10 seconds.
      I can understand why you would want this, but why is it better? What makes you more deserving to keep that loot, than the guys friends. Why should they have to just stand there and watch you pick up their homies loot and then jet off with it?
      Your way seems less fair and less fun.
      Sorry but I disagree. He's more deserving because he made the kill and therefore deserves the reward. If the victim's friends want to get the stuff back they should need to kill the victor to get it. I honestly think it should have the same protection mob drops have of a full minute and a half maybe have the timer end immediately if the one who made the kill dies. That way the ones who want the stuff back need to at least put in the effort.
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

      Piddle wrote:

      Falk_ wrote:

      I agree. It sucks when you kill someone in an outnumbered situation and the dead man friends just loot it all quicker and safer than you and tou end up risking a lot for very little.

      It would be a nice chance to allow only the killer (and maybe its party members) to loot the corpse in the first 10 seconds.
      I can understand why you would want this, but why is it better? What makes you more deserving to keep that loot, than the guys friends. Why should they have to just stand there and watch you pick up their homies loot and then jet off with it?Your way seems less fair and less fun.
      Sorry but I disagree. He's more deserving because he made the kill and therefore deserves the reward. If the victim's friends want to get the stuff back they should need to kill the victor to get it. I honestly think it should have the same protection mob drops have of a full minute and a half maybe have the timer end immediately if the one who made the kill dies. That way the ones who want the stuff back need to at least put in the effort.
      Killing people in AO is the lowest of bars. I sort of enjoy how in a game of rampaging murder and mayhem, that the people doing the killing want fairness and order in the distribution of the loot.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Piddle wrote:

      Dc1a0 wrote:

      Piddle wrote:

      Falk_ wrote:

      I agree. It sucks when you kill someone in an outnumbered situation and the dead man friends just loot it all quicker and safer than you and tou end up risking a lot for very little.

      It would be a nice chance to allow only the killer (and maybe its party members) to loot the corpse in the first 10 seconds.
      I can understand why you would want this, but why is it better? What makes you more deserving to keep that loot, than the guys friends. Why should they have to just stand there and watch you pick up their homies loot and then jet off with it?Your way seems less fair and less fun.
      Sorry but I disagree. He's more deserving because he made the kill and therefore deserves the reward. If the victim's friends want to get the stuff back they should need to kill the victor to get it. I honestly think it should have the same protection mob drops have of a full minute and a half maybe have the timer end immediately if the one who made the kill dies. That way the ones who want the stuff back need to at least put in the effort.
      Killing people in AO is the lowest of bars. I sort of enjoy how in a game of rampaging murder and mayhem, that the people doing the killing want fairness and order in the distribution of the loot.
      Mobs are much easier to kill than players. Why can't mobs steal their comrade's stuff back before you can get it and keep it from you?
    • Piddle wrote:

      Falk_ wrote:

      I agree. It sucks when you kill someone in an outnumbered situation and the dead man friends just loot it all quicker and safer than you and tou end up risking a lot for very little.

      It would be a nice chance to allow only the killer (and maybe its party members) to loot the corpse in the first 10 seconds.
      I can understand why you would want this, but why is it better? What makes you more deserving to keep that loot, than the guys friends. Why should they have to just stand there and watch you pick up their homies loot and then jet off with it?
      Your way seems less fair and less fun.
      The players who put in the work in planning,risking the gear,and put in a bad situation after the kill is more deserving towards the victims loot then that the person who is closer to the body,doesn't have to risk anything,and could have better ping to loot the body. This punishes people who take too much comfort in numbers and gives them realization that if they die their loot will be gone and their buddies aren't gonna pick it up for them,so the threat to loss of items applies to every player even those who roam with packs.

      Edit:Not only this, this completely stops people who use macros to loot.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Tempei ().

    • I see a 2 vs 2 with other people mounted, doesn't look high risk when the fight ends, looks like an ambush and nothing more, doesn't merit any extra time allowance to loot.

      If you want to change any loot mechanics, the ones revolving around unrestricted PVP areas need looking at more than extending a time window for looting.
      Pre Patch 16 UO Player - Casual PK/Carebear Crafter - Now Old.