Pinned Testserver Patch Notes - Percival Patch 2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Testserver Patch Notes - Percival Patch 2

Percival Patch 2

Guild Season 7 Changes
      • Guild Challenge: guild members can now earn challenge points by doing open-world activities, as with Adventurer's Challenges. At certain thresholds, these challenge points will provide Guild Season Points to the member's guild.
      • Number of tower levels in Crystal Realm Battle system: 3 -> 7
      • GvG attack times have been consolidated to make it harder for one team member to fight multiple GvGs in a day
      • GvG notification messages now more clearly state the conditions leading to Counter-Attacks, decisive victories, and whether or not Silver is returned
      • Changes to Siphoning Mages:
        • Channel duration of Ice Block has been increased to 20 seconds
        • When a channel is started, three Summoned Guardians will appear
        • These Guardians will be normal mobs if less than 8 players are attacking the mage, and veteran mobs if it's 8 or more players attacking
        • The Guardians will drop an area that will replenish players' energy
        • Additionally, a tornado will be summoned that will throw unwary players into the air and deal a little damage
      • The mercenary system has been discontinued for regular GvGs. Mercenaries can still be used in Crystal Realm Battles.
      • Castle Outposts (smaller versions of castles) now appear in the open world. These can be claimed by guilds for season points. They appear four times as often as regular castles, but only give one-fourth of the points.
      • The time window in which a castle can be captured has been greatly reduced
      • Item Power Softcap for 20v20 City Fights:
        • Thetford, Bridgewatch, Martlock: 50% softcap above 1000 IP
        • Fort Sterling, Lymhurst: 50% softcap above 1200 IP
        • Caerleon: no IP cap
      • Maximum City Tax level (set by the guild in possession of the city) has been reduced from 25% to 10%.
      • Updated the Guild Season Rank brackets:
        • Crystal Rank Threshold: 180,000 Season Points
        • Gold Rank Threshold: 60,000 Season Points
        • Silver Rank Threshold: 15,000 Season Points
        • Bronze Rank Threshold: 3,500 Season Points
        • Iron Rank Threshold: 1,000 Season Points
      For more information about these changes, as well as some of the reasoning behind them, please see this forum post: forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/115466

Conquerors' Hall and City Decorations Updated

Blue Army's Season 6 winner statue now appears at the front gates of Conquerors' Hall near the Caerleon Realmgate. Anniversary decorations have been removed from cities.

Changes and Improvements

Access Rights
      • Alliance members can now be given similar access rights to chests, islands, etc. as guild members could previously
      • Access rights can now be copy-pasted from one object to another
      • "Withdrawal from Account" rights have been split as follows:
        • Withdrawal from Silver Account
        • Withdrawal from Energy Account
      • "Attack Territory" rights have been split as follows:
        • Attack Territory
        • Pacify Warcamp (new)
      • "Manage Banks" rights have been split as follows:
        • Manage Banks
        • View Chest Logs (new)
      • Co-Owners of Banks tabs can now view the tab's logs
      Item Sort Improvements

Pressing the "Sort" button in any inventory display (chests, banks, personal inventory, etc.) will now sort items as follows:
      • Item Type (see "Item Type" sorting below)
      • Item Name (e.g. Hunter Jacket)
      • Tier
      • Item Power
      • Stack Size
      • Durability
      Item Types are sorted in the following order:
      • Equipment items, further sorted by slot (Two-Handed Weapon, One-Handed Main Weapon, Offhand, Head, Chest, Feet, Capes, Bags)
      • Mounts
      • Consumables
      • Consumable from inventory (e.g. Tomes of Insight)
      • Farmables
      • Simple items (e.g. resources, cooking ingredients)
      • Furniture items
      • Journal items
      Loot Table Updates
      • Castle chests can now drop Level 1 Artifacts
      • Treasure sites (chests/lockers) can now drop Level 2 and 3 Artifacts
      Other Changes
      • Confirmation message added when attempting to use Tomes of Insight while not wearing any relevant gear
      • Earthdaughter's "Thunderslam" spell cast time has been increased from 1.84 to 2.5 seconds, and now more accurately strikes the indicated position
      • Earthdaughter now spawns Summoned Pebbles of the correct tier
      Fixes
      • Fixed an issue where customized party member order would reset on cluster change
      • Fixed an issue where party markers could sometimes not be placed on mobs
      • Fixed an issue where incorrect guild logo would sometimes display after zoning
      • Fixed an issue where Rejuvenating Breeze and Raging Blades could be used prior to being unlocked
      • Fixed an issue where Battle Frenzy would remove a shrine buff
      • Time Freeze can no longer circumvent an immunity bubble
      • Fixed an issue where terrain would sometimes display incorrect textures (water, etc.) when logging in after a disconnection
      • Fixed an issue where "ghost characters" floating in the middle of clusters would sometimes appear
      • Fixed an issue where Personal and Guild Bank Tabs would slip further down each time "Save" was clicked or a new tab was purchased
      • Additional graphical, UI, audio, animation, terrain, and localization fixes
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Changes to Siphoning Mages:

Channel duration of Ice Block has been increased to 20 seconds

When a channel is started, three Summoned Guardians will appear

These Guardians will be normal mobs if less than 8 players are attacking the mage, and veteran mobs if it's 8 or more players attacking

The Guardians will drop an area that will replenish players' energy

Additionally, a tornado will be summoned that will throw unwary players into the air and deal a little damage
      So every mage mechanic has been made to make it harder to kill mages (good) - but this one will actually help the attacking players?!? Or does this only apply for defending players?
    • Captainrussia wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Changes to Siphoning Mages:

Channel duration of Ice Block has been increased to 20 seconds

When a channel is started, three Summoned Guardians will appear

These Guardians will be normal mobs if less than 8 players are attacking the mage, and veteran mobs if it's 8 or more players attacking

The Guardians will drop an area that will replenish players' energy

Additionally, a tornado will be summoned that will throw unwary players into the air and deal a little damage
      So every mage mechanic has been made to make it harder to kill mages (good) - but this one will actually help the attacking players?!? Or does this only apply for defending players?
      Judging by what has been said on the patch notes, these mages are insanely hard to kill... to the point where you won't see any mage raiding this season. I'd be very frustrated at SBI if no changes have been made after the testing phase they went through.

Those guardians are very, very hard to kill and the energy pool they drop upon death is needed if you wanna keep casting spells on the mage you're trying to kill.

Also why the hell are T1 artifacts being added the castle loot? It's already a pile of hot trash, adding more trash onto that pile won't help anyone.

clap
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

Judging by what has been said on the patch notes, these mages are insanely hard to kill... to the point where you won't see any mage raiding this season. I'd be very frustrated at SBI if no changes have been made after the testing phase they went through.
      from what Im understanding 3-man mage raiding remains unaffected? mages only iceblock when 4+ players attack it, was that not so for many months? And since the guardina appear only when mage is ice blocking - that means with 3 or less players there will be no ice block and no guardians?

Am I not understanding this correctly? So this is more of an anti-zerg mechanic. 3-man mage raids remain unaffected?
    • Retroman wrote:

Castle and Castle Outposts will score at the same time.

These are the time slots for Castle and Castle Outpost scoring:

Cluster TimeCastle Scoring
      1:00 UTC1:00 UTC
      4:00 UTC1:00 UTC
      16:00 UTC19:00 UTC
      20:00 UTC19:00 UTC

Cheers,
      Retro
      Forcing players to choose what type of content they want to partake in... be it;

1) Castle large scale ZvZ
      2) Crystal GvG's
      3) City GvG's

is very unhealthy for the game and playerbase. A player shouldn't be excluded from these activities, the game won't have any content now until EU warcamp times for large scale ZvZ now the EU castle time has changed to 19:00 UTC. I dislike this.

clap
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

Forcing players to choose what type of content they want to partake in... be it;

2) Crystal GvG's
      3) City GvG's

is very unhealthy for the game and playerbase. A player shouldn't be excluded from these activities, the game won't have any content now until EU warcamp times for large scale ZvZ now the EU castle time has changed to 19:00 UTC. I dislike this.
      doesnt that mean that now - as a "small guild guy" I can go someplace and not meet a 400 man SQUAD Zerg, because they will be busy someplace else? They too have to choose now if they want to capture a castle with their 400 man, and they cant just capture one, then relog on alts and capture 2nd one - as both castle timers are on the same time zone.

On paper this looks amazing for 10-20 man close knit guilds
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

2) Crystal GvG's
      3) City GvG's

doesnt that mean that now - as a "small guild guy" I can go someplace and not meet a 400 man SQUAD Zerg, because they will be busy someplace else? They too have to choose now if they want to capture a castle with their 400 man, and they cant just capture one, then relog on alts and capture 2nd one - as both castle timers are on the same time zone.
      On paper this looks amazing for 10-20 man close knit guilds

No this isn't changing that, the old timers were 16:00 UTC & 00:00 UTC (EU, NA) now they're changing it to 19:00 UTC & 1:00 UTC. But with this change it forces the PLAYER to choose what content they can play (Castles, CGvG, City GvG) on that time as all those listed now happen on that timeslot which is stupid.

clap
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

2) Crystal GvG's
      3) City GvG's

We originally wanted to consolidate a lot of the time slots for season 7. But, yeah, I think you have a pretty good point: It is actually not really needed to include Castles into the same time zones as the main GvGs. Because they are totally different activities. And we actually never communicated about the concrete castle time slots with the community.

So, this patch is already close to release and we probably won't change it for patch 2. It's already Friday evening over here, but on Monday I can see if we want to change the castle scoring back to 16 UTC and 2 UTC, possibly shortly after patch 2 goes live. Thanks for your feedback. :thumbup:

And I am also interested in the opinions of other community members on the castle time slots.

Cheers,
      Retro
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

2) Crystal GvG's
      3) City GvG's

doesnt that mean that now - as a "small guild guy" I can go someplace and not meet a 400 man SQUAD Zerg, because they will be busy someplace else? They too have to choose now if they want to capture a castle with their 400 man, and they cant just capture one, then relog on alts and capture 2nd one - as both castle timers are on the same time zone.On paper this looks amazing for 10-20 man close knit guilds
      No this isn't changing that, the old timers were 16:00 UTC & 00:00 UTC (EU, NA) now they're changing it to 19:00 UTC & 1:00 UTC. But with this change it forces the PLAYER to choose what content they can play (Castles, CGvG, City GvG) on that time as all those listed now happen on that timeslot which is stupid.
      Your complaint that people have to choose where to be, goes right in the face of this though? Since you all have to choose where to be, you can't be in all the places. It takes more actual players to cover the same amount of ground that it used to, which I assume is the point, right?
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Retroman wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

2) Crystal GvG's
      3) City GvG's

We originally wanted to consolidate a lot of the time slots for season 7. But, yeah, I think you have a pretty good point: It is actually not really needed to include Castles into the same time zones as the main GvGs. Because they are totally different activities. And we actually never communicated about the concrete castle time slots with the community.

So, this patch is already close to release and we probably won't change it for patch 2. It's already Friday evening over here, but on Monday I can see if we want to change the castle scoring back to 16 UTC and 2 UTC, possibly shortly after patch 2 goes live. Thanks for your feedback. :thumbup:

And I am also interested in the opinions of other community members on the castle time slots.

Cheers,
      Retro
      It forces someone to chose one activity, when right now, you can do all of them.
      I can understand that the current castle timers aren't the best one, at least for me. (EU is kinda early but ok for most EU players, NA too early for a lot of NA players / still on the EU Timezone, which is weird)

But everything at the same time ...

It will just encourage alliances to get more..and..more...and more players in their alliances so that they're sure they can cover every single important activities [ Castles + outposts ZvZ + GvGs + Cities GvG ].
      Changing the castles timeslots doesn't bother me, at all, but these timers .... please no :(

Also, the mages are a damn pain to kill, tested on 1600/1600 specs + t8 flat gear, and we got wiped on a single mage. Like ... may be we're just mad, really bad, but still..high specs + good gear and we couldn't get it to 1/4 hp with a 10 men group, ZvZ optimized.
      No one will need to defend them, you'll have less Open world terry raiding, less ZvZs on terries...sad :(

Oh, and have a nice week end SBI boys :D
      -Slacking God
    • Retroman wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

2) Crystal GvG's
      3) City GvG's

Cheers,
      Retro
      I suggest to let the castle score every 2-3 hours. This way, ppl from different time zones and smaller guilds have objectives to compete in the open world. Big alliance wont be able to maintain a zerg to defend a castle all day long. More open world objective can encourage ppl to go out more.
    • Piddle wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

2) Crystal GvG's
      3) City GvG's

doesnt that mean that now - as a "small guild guy" I can go someplace and not meet a 400 man SQUAD Zerg, because they will be busy someplace else? They too have to choose now if they want to capture a castle with their 400 man, and they cant just capture one, then relog on alts and capture 2nd one - as both castle timers are on the same time zone.On paper this looks amazing for 10-20 man close knit guilds
      Your complaint that people have to choose where to be, goes right in the face of this though? Since you all have to choose where to be, you can't be in all the places. It takes more actual players to cover the same amount of ground that it used to, which I assume is the point, right?
      Correct, that's my complaint and judging by Retroman's response he understands where I am coming from.

During a single time slot of 19:00 UTC you as a player can only do one activity at that time and you need to choose... Crystal GvG, partake in a large scale ZvZ or City GvG. Which should never be a thing, because say you're an A Team GvGer and you're needed to defend/attack territories every day, that means you can't partake in an open world ZvZ for a castle fight because you're always locked into that one activity.

Where as before this change a GvGer could enjoy a castle ZvZ and still do his GvG when needed. Locking players out of content because the game lists them all at a certain time isn't the right thing and isn't healthy for the game at all.

I'm glad Retro sees this. :thumbup:

clap
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

Piddle wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

2) Crystal GvG's
      3) City GvG's

Correct, that's my complaint and judging by Retroman's response he understands where I am coming from.
      During a single time slot of 19:00 UTC you as a player can only do one activity at that time and you need to choose... Crystal GvG, partake in a large scale ZvZ or City GvG. Which should never be a thing, because say you're an A Team GvGer and you're needed to defend/attack territories every day, that means you can't partake in an open world ZvZ for a castle fight because you're always locked into that one activity.

Where as before this change a GvGer could enjoy a castle ZvZ and still do his GvG when needed. Locking players out of content because the game lists them all at a certain time isn't the right thing and isn't healthy for the game at all.

I'm glad Retro sees this. :thumbup:
      You are able to partake the castle fight if you can get a replacement for the gvg, or when nobody is attacking your terri. You are always choosing the activities that you want to do. The game as a whole isn't healthy to have mega alliance dominate everything and putting several activities into the same timeslot will limit alliance's power and allow small guild/alliance to compete.

But, I want to see castle score every few hours so there are more open world objectives.
    • tabooshka wrote:

Retroman wrote:

castle scoring back to 16 UTC and 2 UTC,
      16utc is really bad for most EU
      Thing is, what is good?

18:00-20:00 are like when most are eating dinner or just getting home from work. Maybe 20:00 UTC for EU? And for NA we move it to 2:00 UTC? I wonder what time that would be for @Gank? As this guys timezone has been left to die lol, finding a balance with timers is hard.

But I feel 20:00 UTC is a solid timer for all, thoughts?

clap