Testserver Patch Notes - Percival Patch 2

• Gank wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

Castle Outposts..

For how many players it is designed?

Normal guards - one player can do it - first wave
      Elite guards - usually you get 3, while you can lure one..

Question is, how to split the 3?

Or is the goal to use 5-10 mans on these outsposts?
      5-10 people for outlands once a day season point content? You sweet summer child =[
      I'd be surprised if we see less than 20 man groups taking Outposts.

clap
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

Gank wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

Castle Outposts..

For how many players it is designed?

Normal guards - one player can do it - first wave
      Elite guards - usually you get 3, while you can lure one..

Question is, how to split the 3?

Or is the goal to use 5-10 mans on these outsposts?
      5-10 people for outlands once a day season point content? You sweet summer child =[
      I'd be surprised if we see less than 20 man groups taking Outposts.
      That's my point - I did read it as a content for small guilds..

20 man.. is easy for a mega alliance, but an issue for small guilds..
    • Probably an unpopular opinion but I'd like to put another viewpoint across.

Many battles are fought linear to each other. As an individual, are you able to be in two places at once?

It's completely understandable that people want content available to them but those that have posted their reasoning are purely because they may see a loss of power within their current Guild which in my opinion is a selfish way of arguing a point and in this case content. Adapt or be left behind, it's that simple.

Timers in this game are a thing, we all know this. If content is being overlapped due to timers being in place then learn to have a rotation within the Guild. Oh no, wait a minute sorry we can't do this because our Guild might be a little weaker because our star players are elsewhere... Lets argue for denial of content. For me this argument doesn't cut it. Aside from this, I do sympathise with players that are outside of the EU/NA time frame.

In my opinion, the only denial of content I see coming from this debate is from Guilds that want it all, too easily.
      Ricochet | Recruitment | Discord
      “Plant Earth’s #1 Racial Excuse Coordinator"
    • Only if you guys give some more love to the rest of the players.

8 hour gaps for content, would increase pvp 100%. in a sense, early EU players and late NA players gets rewarded buy staying up as well.

Here I am just dumped another 150 AUD in the game, and no proper time for me to GvG, Contest castle, etc to win our guild season points.

Only way we can do it is basically raid every territories when everyone else is asleep or at work.

That's basically the life of OCE/SEA guilds in this game. "just to be in season ranks"

PS.the people that are speaking up about this NO CONTENT time zones are the ones who cares about the game.

Please reconsider
    • Ok, after looking into the time zones again I think the best timers for castle scoring are:

20 UTC and 1 UTC

Because they are both very active hours on the server, they are more or less peak times of their respective areas. Basically the whole consolidated time zones are chosen around our main time windows. The are two areas, which reperesent the majority of players and activity. Which are a) Europe / Russia and b) North America / Brazil.

I really was considering putting one slot back to 16 UTC to make it more manageable for players from the pacific area. However unfortunatelly the player numbers can't back up this time slot. I am sorry, but even after F2P we still didn't have much activity at pacific times. I will look into how we can improve the situation for our players from South East Asia / Australia in the future. Maybe we could add a smaller third time window for you guys in the long run. But for Season 7 we will have to stick with the focus on the two major time windows.

So with the changed castle timer, this is how all the season time slots would look:
      16 UTC - GvG Slot EU 1
      18 UTC - Warcamps EU
      19 UTC - Crystal Realm EU
      19 UTC - City Fights EU
      20 UTC - Castles EU
      20 UTC - GvG Slot EU 2
      1 UTC - GvG Slot NA 1
      1 UTC - Castles NA
      1 UTC - City Fights NA
      2 UTC - Crystal Realm NA
      3 UTC - Warcamps NA
      4 UTC - GvG Slot NA 2

Since the important time slots are already so packed the castles had to overalp at some point. And I think the least problematic is the overlap with traditional GvGs (and also City Fights, because they are so rare). But, if possible, I would like to prevent the overlap with Crystal Realm. And 20 UTC and 1 UTC are very active times, which is a very fitting time zone for a OW activity.

But I am open for other suggestions or reasons why you would rather go with different time slots.

Cheers,
      Retro
    • Retroman wrote:

Ok, after looking into the time zones again I think the best timers for castle scoring are:

20 UTC and 1 UTC

Because they are both very active hours on the server, they are more or less peak times of their respective areas. Basically the whole consolidated time zones are chosen around our main time windows. The are two areas, which reperesent the majority of players and activity. Which are a) Europe / Russia and b) North America / Brazil.

I really was considering putting one slot back to 16 UTC to make it more manageable for players from the pacific area. However unfortunatelly the player numbers can't back up this time slot. I am sorry, but even after F2P we still didn't have much activity at pacific times. I will look into how we can improve the situation for our players from South East Asia / Australia in the future. Maybe we could add a smaller third time window for you guys in the long run. But for Season 7 we will have to stick with the focus on the two major time windows.

So with the changed castle timer, this is how all the season time slots would look:
      16 UTC - GvG Slot EU 1
      18 UTC - Warcamps EU
      19 UTC - City Fights EU
      20 UTC - Castles EU
      20 UTC - GvG Slot EU 2
      1 UTC - GvG Slot NA 1
      1 UTC - Castles NA
      1 UTC - City Fights NA
      2 UTC - Crystal Realm NA
      3 UTC - Warcamps NA
      4 UTC - GvG Slot NA 2

Since the important time slots are already so packed the castles had to overalp at some point. And I think the least problematic is the overlap with traditional GvGs (and also City Fights, because they are so rare). But, if possible, I would like to prevent the overlap with Crystal Realm. And 20 UTC and 1 UTC are very active times, which is a very fitting time zone for a OW activity.

But I am open for other suggestions or reasons why you would rather go with different time slots.

Cheers,
      Retro
      The people of our community (South America and Central America) are very grateful for these changes. Thanks for all the work Michael clap
    • @Retroman If you still care about us OCE/ Asian players, please read this:

I understand your decision to put up this scoring time, it is understandable judging from a developer perspective . After all, business is business and your decision based on the benefit of the majority is what a game developer should do. I am happy that the players in Central America , NA/ EU gets the best content and they will continue to play the game for much longer than the OCE/ Asian guild. As players we are the same, we all enjoy playing this game. We just happened to be born in different parts of the world and so we gets different treatment. There is no hard feelings with other NA/EU/SA/CA players getting better at everthing because THATS LIFE ! Nothing is fair even in game, when we actually think we could take a break from reality.

If you think about it and as developers you just make every decision based on player active time on the server, OCE/Asian guild WILL NEVER have the ability to out-popular the other region simply because of this Foundation/ Core reason:
      - We play at different time from the majority of the server
      - Our numbers already lost from the begining as this game starts out favouring EU/NA players ( check our ping, check cGvG time,..etc)

Imagine a kid riding bicyle to school for 2 hours everday while majority of other kids get to have cars, THATS WHAT WE ARE RIGHT NOW. Yet the bicycle kids still go to school everyday because he knows one day people will judge him for who he is, not his bicycle.

Players are the same everywhere, we should be judge by our Quality not Quantity

For Asian/OCE players, despite all this challenges we still and will continue to try our best to prove that we deserve to have our own content/ benefits. we pay the money to buy preimum we put the time to play this game and even try to promote it, Yes we have Asian sreamers streaming YOUR game as well !

Those Asian/OCE players that stayed playing this game for this long, what makes them wakes up at 7 am to do reset day or stayed up until 1-2 am to do Warcamps is truly remarkable. Our trust in the developers and their motto "craft trade and CONQUER " should not just be an idea and so we make it happen with our own hands regadless the hardships.

This new update might be another NO to our efforts , another SUCK IT UP, but bicycle kid won't back down !!

A short message to our beloved developers:
      Next time when you make a decision, please don't ask whether we should give this event to NA/EU or OCE, PLEASE ASK, How we can rewards and motivate our loyal players regardless of their back grounds/ origins

PARTICULARLY ON YOUR ROAD MAP IN THE FUTURE:

- Hide out: Please dont make it a timed event just like the rest of the endgame content
      - Avalon : Please consider our playtime

Thank you for listening !
    • Retroman wrote:

16 UTC - GvG Slot EU 1
      18 UTC - Warcamps EU
      19 UTC - City Fights EU
      20 UTC - Castles EU
      20 UTC - GvG Slot EU 2
      1 UTC - GvG Slot NA 1
      1 UTC - Castles NA
      1 UTC - City Fights NA
      2 UTC - Crystal Realm NA
      3 UTC - Warcamps NA
      4 UTC - GvG Slot NA 2

How viable would it be to change the regular server restart / maintenance time?

If the above was possible, I feel like there would be real opportunity for a third segment/"block" of timed events that could also capture audiences from late EST, SEA and early GMT zones. As you've mentioned you're going by populated times which of course is a reasonable way forward but if we're going to be using "denial of content" as a reason for times and overlapping events then lets at least use a valid reasoning for it... The only ones being denied content are the SEA time zone due to the structured way of timed events.

Funstealer wrote:

the only way to make everything "fair" and everyone "happy" is rotating timers
      This is definitely a valid option. Something that should be discussed further, though very unlikely to be implemented for Season 7.

The options are out there to involve everyone.
      Ricochet | Recruitment | Discord
      “Plant Earth’s #1 Racial Excuse Coordinator"
    • There are plenty enough territories in black for SBI to at least carve out a small chunk for whatever the heck time the SEA/OCE people play. Maybe that playerbase is only 5% of the game population if that is the case give them 5% of the GvG time slots. Also for castles I still would reiterate just allocate the daily season points based of the % of time each guild held it during that 24 hour period. It is not perfect but it is more balanced.
    • Even if the amount of players from SEA/OCE regions is small, you should at least assign an appropriate GvG timeslot to some areas to support the community there. Seriously, you guys all care about the other regions because they give you the most money. You care jack shit about the small communities even though we all support you ever since you guys were a kickstarter project.
    • Could a city attack have some kind of season points?.

Having city fights and crystal fights at the same time, the way to grief guilds out of season points is simply to attack them if they have a city.
      Seems counter intuitive like hell to me, that if you have a city - which is a huge objective, then your season points will suffer bigtime. (given that city fights become a thing - which is more than likely after the ip changes).

Also:
      Given they eu timers are now following Summer time, would it by any chance be possible to move it one hour when we change to winter time ? That way all fights Arent moved to one hour earlier in october.

/Frank