Testserver Patch Notes - Percival Patch 2

• Strafalex wrote:

Also, the mages are a damn pain to kill, tested on 1600/1600 specs + t8 flat gear, and we got wiped on a single mage. Like ... may be we're just mad, really bad, but still..high specs + good gear and we couldn't get it to 1/4 hp with a 10 men group, ZvZ optimized.
      I think the whole idea is to do it with a smaller group so that it does not Iceblock as much (or none at all) and does not summon as many guardians (or none). Appears to be working as intended?
    • What Tabooshka said. 16.00 UTC its really bad for most EU, people are still at work etc. You really should not want to change timer back after listening to one BA fanboy. There is more guilds and Alliances than just two in this game, but You are trying to cater just for them. Time to start thinking about everyone in this game not only part of population. You guys are living in Germany is 16.00 UTC really good time for castle?
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Strafalex wrote:

Also, the mages are a damn pain to kill, tested on 1600/1600 specs + t8 flat gear, and we got wiped on a single mage. Like ... may be we're just mad, really bad, but still..high specs + good gear and we couldn't get it to 1/4 hp with a 10 men group, ZvZ optimized.
      I think the whole idea is to do it with a smaller group so that it does not Iceblock as much (or none at all) and does not summon as many guardians (or none). Appears to be working as intended?
      It spawns whatever numbers you have I believe
      Unless it's the zerg buff that made it really strong, even the mobs are individually really strong, stronger than 1 player.
      https://discord.com/invite/aofaction - Faction Fights ZvZs Daily !
      https://discord.gg/S4JqzWj - Crafting community, get advices, find a crafter, be a proud crafter !
    • Yunior wrote:

What Tabooshka said. 16.00 UTC its really bad for most EU, people are still at work etc. You really should not want to change timer back after listening to one BA fanboy. There is more guilds and Alliances than just two in this game, but You are trying to cater just for them. Time to start thinking about everyone in this game not only part of population. You guys are living in Germany is 16.00 UTC really good time for castle?
      If you read past my post bud, you'll see I'm in full support of castle timers changing, just not when there's two other events happening on that same timeslot (crystal GvG's and City GvG's). Finding a good timer for EU and NA castles is hard, but I suggested 20:00 UTC and 2:00 UTC for EU/NA castles.
    • Hello,

I see the changes as a way of trying to balance the game, unfortunately or fortunately the game is global and we will always have problems with schedules.

Now the alliances will need to share territories with the other alliance clans, as it will become more difficult to defend all.

My only question is whether a PVE-focused clan will score at least 15,000 points.
    • Retroman wrote:

Castle and Castle Outposts will score at the same time.

These are the time slots for Castle and Castle Outpost scoring:

Cluster TimeCastle Scoring
      1:00 UTC1:00 UTC
      4:00 UTC1:00 UTC
      16:00 UTC19:00 UTC
      20:00 UTC19:00 UTC

Cheers,
      Retro
      Mainly thank you for all the work you are taking even to answer us in the forum. I imagine they have worked overtime to achieve Percival Patch 2 on time.

The possibility of playing castles at 01 or 02 UTC for NA players (at least in our community) is great. Sincerely, the previous timer grabs you over dinner and is very tedious. I imagine that many have complained for a long time about the castles timers for same reason, because it is tedious, they should give themselves the opportunity to try a new timer. 19 or 20, 01 or 02. It doesn't matter if you step on an activity timer, it's a sandbox, you'll always have the choice of what to do.
    • Strafalex wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Strafalex wrote:

It spawns whatever numbers you have I believeUnless it's the zerg buff that made it really strong, even the mobs are individually really strong, stronger than 1 player.
      patch notes are saying that over 8 man = elite guardians spawn (u posted that u guys had 10 ppl). So you had elite guards + antizerg mechanics.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Captainrussia ().

• Robinhoodrs wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

Retroman wrote:

castle scoring back to 16 UTC and 2 UTC,
      16utc is really bad for most EU
      Thing is, what is good?
      18:00-20:00 are like when most are eating dinner or just getting home from work. Maybe 20:00 UTC for EU? And for NA we move it to 2:00 UTC? I wonder what time that would be for @Gank? As this guys timezone has been left to die lol, finding a balance with timers is hard.

But I feel 20:00 UTC is a solid timer for all, thoughts?
      5 am lmao.

Im sad
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

Yunior wrote:

What Tabooshka said. 16.00 UTC its really bad for most EU, people are still at work etc. You really should not want to change timer back after listening to one BA fanboy. There is more guilds and Alliances than just two in this game, but You are trying to cater just for them. Time to start thinking about everyone in this game not only part of population. You guys are living in Germany is 16.00 UTC really good time for castle?
      If you read past my post bud, you'll see I'm in full support of castle timers changing, just not when there's two other events happening on that same timeslot (crystal GvG's and City GvG's). Finding a good timer for EU and NA castles is hard, but I suggested 20:00 UTC and 2:00 UTC for EU/NA castles.
      I do apologize. Retroman is jumping to quick conclusion after reading just one post. 20.00 UTC Would be good for EU timer I think. It would be nice if Castles time not to overlap with at least cgvg. It will be content for most of casual and semi casual players.
    • I am EU player, I dont like the 19UTC castle timer (its too late) and 20utc even worse.

16 UTC was pretty good for me but if there is more players available 17UTC is great too.

Lets not have all the events every evening so close together.... people need a break too. playing for 3+ hours is not healthy. (castles,warcamps,crystals)
      cheers
      Aaooouuuu!!! [VVolfpack] is recruiting brave Warriors. Disc:v3gPFU7yzz
    • But while we are at it, why is it made so you cannot crystal gvg and city gvg ?. i thought we wanted to encourage activitiy, and not forcing to choose between city fights and crystal fights? (just like that castle point from Robinhoodrs).

I feel that either you want everything at the same time to really spread out guilds and alliances at a significant loss of content options, OR you design so the specific content options have the same livetimer (unified livetimers), but the DIFFERENT content options are on seperate timers in order to maximise content for players.

Imo timers should be:
      Castles 18 utc
      Crystal 19 utc
      Gvg slot 20 utc
      city fights 21 utc
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

But while we are at it, why is it made so you cannot crystal gvg and city gvg ?. i thought we wanted to encourage activitiy, and not forcing to choose between city fights and crystal fights? (just like that castle point from Robinhoodrs).

I feel that either you want everything at the same time to really spread out guilds and alliances at a significant loss of content options, OR you design so the specific content options have the same livetimer (unified livetimers), but the DIFFERENT content options are on seperate timers in order to maximise content for players.

Imo timers should be:
      Castles 18 utc
      Crystal 19 utc
      Gvg slot 20 utc
      city fights 21 utc
      I 100% agree with you.

Also you're forgetting Warcamps which currently hold the 18:00 timeslot. Maybe make them at 17:00 UTC? And keep the current NA warcamp timer?
    • @Retroman
      You guys have the scoring time of castles and castle outpost at the same time, while it only takes 10 mins to capture outposts and 30mins to capture castles. It will be not the same time in real events. One big alliance can finish their castles at 15.30 UTC and go to outposts before 15.50 UTC. Please consider carefully about this.
    • The time for outpost catsle are too munch for us SEA players , it happened at 16Utc , and 19 utc , which is 11PM / 2AM in our place. Orther times is at the working times ,
      We only ask that if you guys can give us a reasonable time for us SEA players to participate in the game too . Right now the hardcore content focused a lot for NA / NU Players . And for Us SEA Players , there'r a lot of problems !!!!

If You can ! PLease push back the time to 14 / 16 utc . Or something like that so we - the SEA players - can have better time with the game ! Withought staying up all night ,
      TY so munch
    • Retroman wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Forcing players to choose what type of content they want to partake in... be it;
      1) Castle large scale ZvZ
      2) Crystal GvG's
      3) City GvG's

is very unhealthy for the game and playerbase. A player shouldn't be excluded from these activities, the game won't have any content now until EU warcamp times for large scale ZvZ now the EU castle time has changed to 19:00 UTC. I dislike this.
      We originally wanted to consolidate a lot of the time slots for season 7. But, yeah, I think you have a pretty good point: It is actually not really needed to include Castles into the same time zones as the main GvGs. Because they are totally different activities. And we actually never communicated about the concrete castle time slots with the community.

So, this patch is already close to release and we probably won't change it for patch 2. It's already Friday evening over here, but on Monday I can see if we want to change the castle scoring back to 16 UTC and 2 UTC, possibly shortly after patch 2 goes live. Thanks for your feedback. :thumbup:

And I am also interested in the opinions of other community members on the castle time slots.

Cheers,
      Retro

Hi Retroman,

I support the idea of having consolidated timeslots for some activities .However, just like Robinhoodrs said, noone wants to to choose between Castle/outpost , Crystal and City . so please change the time for castle/outpost, But instead of going for anytime later than 19UTC, please consider putting some GvG, Castle time or City GvG at 17 UTC. The Small community of oceanic and Asian players have been sticking with the game for more than 2 years because we enjoy the content that you put out. We stay awake until 3am or 4am just to do War camps with EU players, We were able to do castle at 16 UTC ( thats like almost midnight ).We could have bring a 20 man team for city GvG but now with all this new time slots favouring EU and NA players yet again, our content is limited to small group ganking and small scale PvP. Our Zerg could have massed up atleast 80 people on reset day and bring lots of entertainment to the community. Even with high ping we still play because we enjoy this game. But everything has its limits. The game is just not very friendly to Oceania/ Asian players anymore. our prime time gets neglected as you pay attention to larger player base. Its something that is unavoidable if you look at the business perspective . But of all resource territory, of all castles/ outpost or city, we only hoped that when you would take us into your consideration for your next update. in short I think 17 UTC is the BEST TIME for EVERYONE regards to Castle scoring time