The Dev Guild needs YOU (win a key!)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Dev Guild needs YOU (win a key!)

Here at Albion Online HQ, the devs are working tirelessly on the game in time for the next test. In the mean time, we've decided that Sandbox of Doom (our guild in previous tests, see here) is a bit of a silly name, and makes us all sound a bit lame and obnoxious. In light of this realisation, and because SoD - or whatever its progeny shall be called - is intended as a community guild, we'd like to ask you all to give us suggestions on a new name!

The name should be nice and easy to remember (and spell!) for players, and though it doesn't have to be in English, transliteration into the Latin alphabet is required (I'm looking at you, Russians) :)

Otherwise, there are no rules, except the normal stuff about not being nasty or condoning illegal activities (see here for more details on rules). The user whose suggestion wins will secure themselves a place in the guild in time for the next test! ;)

I'd like to end by saying thank you in advance for your help. As you can see, clearly creative guild-naming is not the team's forte. Nowwww... get suggesting!
  • I vote to keep the name fun. Along the same lines of Sandbox of Doom.

The Playpen of Calamity
    Denizens of the Sandbox
    Auctores Harena - latin for champions of the sand
    Backhand of Justice
    Hand of Justice
    Inception
    Intrepid
    Contingency Plan
    (The) and/or Collective of Albion
    Iniquity

Den of Iniquity
    Sandbox of Iniquity
    Sanctioned Mischief
    Punched in the Sandbox
    Counsel of Albion
    Progenitors of Albion
    Benevolent Miscreants
    - Sometimes I like names that are contradictory just to keep people guessing your intention

In line with some myths of giants of Albion in which I imagine maybe there could be some giant blood far down the ancestry of the residents of Albion:
    Forsaken
    The and/or Nephilim

Bloodlines of the Nephilim
    Gigas Albionis
    Behemoths of Albion
    Thar be Giants

The post was edited 14 times, last by Bishop ().

• I see the Dev guild as a starting guild to get players off the floor running, with training and mentorship. The name should implement "Academy" or maybe "Institute" to highlight that role. By making the name about Albion, rather than Sandbox, it will satisfy the need for role play. Here are my suggestions:

Albion Academy
    Albion Hero Academy
    Albion Military Academy
    Albion University
    Albion Trade Institute
    Albion Trade Academy
    Albion War Institute
    Albion War Academy
    Albion Order
  • Tyrannus wrote:

I see the Dev guild as a starting guild to get players off the floor running, with training and mentorship. The name should implement "Academy" or maybe "Institute" to highlight that role. By making the name about Albion, rather than Sandbox, it will satisfy the need for role play. Here are my suggestions:

Albion Academy
    Albion Hero Academy
    Albion Military Academy
    Albion University
    Albion Trade Institute
    Albion Trade Academy
    Albion War Institute
    Albion War Academy
    Albion Order

Hey, that is 9 votes! Seriously, I don't know if the dev team will have time to do much "instruction" but a similar, non-affiliated guild existed in EVE as EVE University, which taught people the basics before moving on to "bigger and better", more specialized guilds. It would be great if someone does something like that for Albion.
  • Bishop wrote:

Tyrannus wrote:

I see the Dev guild as a starting guild to get players off the floor running, with training and mentorship. The name should implement "Academy" or maybe "Institute" to highlight that role. By making the name about Albion, rather than Sandbox, it will satisfy the need for role play. Here are my suggestions:

Albion Academy
    Albion Hero Academy
    Albion Military Academy
    Albion University
    Albion Trade Institute
    Albion Trade Academy
    Albion War Institute
    Albion War Academy
    Albion Order

Hey, that is 9 votes! Seriously, I don't know if the dev team will have time to do much "instruction" but a similar, non-affiliated guild existed in EVE as EVE University, which taught people the basics before moving on to "bigger and better", more specialized guilds. It would be great if someone does something like that for Albion.

What can I say, I'm creative.

• I was bored, wanted to make something simple, black/white, silhouette style. :P

Anyway, it stands for Albion Collective Elite, which is my (albion related) entry. I don't like the word "Elite", to be honest, but I added it for the sake of cooler abbreviation, ACE.

In case you want to go for more unrelated names, I'll enter these:

- World Annihilation Front
    - (The) Founders ("The"
    is optional)
    - Sunburst
    - (The) Overlords ("The"
    is optional)
    - Knights of Gilgamesh (
    He was a king that supposedly achieved great things, look up "Epic of Gilgamesh" for more information)
    - Tryhards
    - Beaters (
    http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Beater)
    - World Constructs
    - Serenity
    - Creator's Offsprings
    - Armored Core
    ...I'll add more, if I can think of something. xD

The post was edited 9 times, last by Skygrinder ().

• Skygrinder wrote:

I was bored, wanted to make something simple, black/white, silhouette style. :P

Anyway, it stands for Albion Collective Elite, which is my (albion related) entry. I don't like the word "Elite", to be honest, but I added it for the sake of cooler abbreviation, ACE.

In case you were going for more unrelated names, I'll enter these:

- (The) Founders ("The"
    is optional)
    - Sunburst
    - (The) Overlords ("The"
    is optional)
    - Knights of Gilgamesh (
    He was a king that supposedly achieved great things, look up "Epic of Gilgamesh" for more information)

Wow, this is amazing! We were so totally not asking for graphics, but even so, that looks awesome!

Isn't Gilgamesh the antagonist in The Smurfs?
  • Beelzebabb wrote:

Skygrinder wrote:

I was bored, wanted to make something simple, black/white, silhouette style. :P

In case you were going for more unrelated names, I'll enter these:

- (The) Founders ("The"
    is optional)
    - Sunburst
    - (The) Overlords ("The"
    is optional)
    - Knights of Gilgamesh (

Wow, this is amazing! We were so totally not asking for graphics, but even so, that looks awesome!

Isn't Gilgamesh the antagonist in The Smurfs?

Gargamel, lol. Epic of Gilgamesh, as classic as they get. Perhaps all the losers of the contest should all unite under one banner. I will lead it and will be called Failed Albion Contestants United, the acronym would be F.A.C.U. , for the losers!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bishop ().

• I've only started researching about Gilgamesh (from "Epic of Gilgamesh"), after I watched anime called "Fate/Stay NIght" and "Fate/Zero", where one of the characters was named after him, and even had this "I'm above everyone. Everything belongs to me" attitude, that really felt like an attitude of a king, it left a strong impression on me, when I watched the anime.

In this video, you can see what I mean. When he's saying stuff like: "Who gave you permission to gaze upon me, dog?" and "How dare you lay your filthy hands on my treasure...", and he was like that throughout the entire anime, so after I finished watching the anime, I naturally searched for the name, and researched the real Gilgamesh.