So why does everyone recommend bloodletter for solo ganking?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So why does everyone recommend bloodletter for solo ganking?

So I have read a lot of threads with people recommending either claws, or blood letter. With Bloodletter being the "better but more expensive option." My question is I am confused why this is recommended. I have been using it as a skinning gatherer lately in red zones, and it does so little damage compared to my bows. It takes forever to kill one bear, whereas with my bow I can kill 3 bears at once and quickly. How is the bloodletter better against players? Wouldn't a player get away fairly easily since it doesn't do a lot of damage? Granted you can dash, but still the lack of damage means it will take longer. With a bow I could be at range as they run and still hit them. Maybe I just need to level up my respective skill more so it does more damage?

The post was edited 1 time, last by MaGicBush ().

• You kinda hit on it indirectly. A bow shreds a mob because a mob doesn't know better than to stand there and take it like a man (or woman this is 2019).

In small scale / solo PvP, mobility is king. You can't do damage if you can't attack him and a smart bloodletter would probably have the kit to do all or some of the following

Purge your normal bow buff.
      Reflect the barrage of the arrows.
      Dash out of range and wait for the buff to expire or dwindle before reengaging.
      Go invis, rendering your buff useless.
      Assassinate you right when you think you have the win.

Bow is a great duelist option, don't take this to imply that bow is not good. Bloodletter is also good.

Your friends might recommend it simply because without Ray of Light, Wanderlust, or other heavy mobility tools, a seasoned player will just run away from you on a bow.

HG 2s is a good place to see the bow banger kit in action.
    • MaGicBush wrote:

So I have read a lot of threads with people recommending either claws, or blood letter. With Bloodletter being the "better but more expensive option." My question is I am confused why this is recommended. I have been using it as a skinning gatherer lately in red zones, and it does so little damage compared to my bows. It takes forever to kill one bear, whereas with my bow I can kill 3 bears at once and quickly. How is the bloodletter better against players? Wouldn't a player get away fairly easily since it doesn't do a lot of damage? Granted you can dash, but still the lack of damage means it will take longer. With a bow I could be at range as they run and still hit them. Maybe I just need to level up my respective skill more so it does more damage?
      Blood letter in history was the main choice of weapon for ganking because of the main choice of weapon for running away.. before pre nerf and im sure they still use it. it was the blood letter.. long ago a specific player started to show others that blood letter was the way to go via the word [git gud] which was later confirmed to be a [copy my build]. when player b***** about not being able to get away from ganker as a bow. fire staff bhalbhlahbla etc etc..

later on it was doctrinize [not even an english word] and basically everyone started to use it.. im not sure if this is still the meta but meta usually changes and so does the weapon with it.... however many player will still say the same because of the past history...

for solo ganking oaktreefield provided the answer to be claw majorit of the time and you can check his older video by typeing oaktreeinafield on youtube..
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
    • Mobility mobility and mobility

It is even standard in hg2 for solo

Knight armor, smoke cloud helmet, immune root boots, bloodletter , assa chest, Taproot for life or horn for CD invis cape, hp reg food e.g. soop

How to? Use double invis to stand at chest, at opening time, make your cloud have free loot for 5 seconds, dash & run away, use windwall if in trouble .. millions profit cause of insane mobility and utility

Intended?

No - but sandbox

P.s. careful with brimstone timefreeze, your smoke cloud does not help..

And it is bugged the brimestone hits always ..even under timefreeze

The post was edited 2 times, last by Hollywoodi ().

• everything has pretty much has been covered here already, one final 2 things I'll mention:

1) Being able to solo gank - does not just means killing your target, it also means making it out with the loot to safety (or warcamp - to bank it), so Bloodletter has one of the best escape abilities

2) Don't be fooled by Bloodletter's "low" dmg - it only has to get you to 40% health to pretty much guarantee a kill with the execute on E (obviously veteran players know this and will try to counter or block it). This effectively means that with bloodletter you only need to remove 60% of your target's HP - so its like having a huge DMG buff basically.

PS. Warbow (not Bow) is another top tier solo PVP weapon btw. It works a bit differently, but it also has tons of mobility and damage and ability to kite.