Dev Talk: Season 7 and Beyond

• Dev Talk: Season 7 and Beyond

In our latest Dev Talk, Robin Henkys, Game Director of Albion Online, discusses the changes coming with GvG Season 7 and gives a preview of the roadmap beyond Percival.

Season 7 Changes: forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/115466
      Roadmap for Percival and Beyond: forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/104122

No time to watch the video? Click here for the full written summary: albiononline.com/en/news/devtalk-season-7-beyond
    • So the Outpost loot is weekly? Outposts should be daily rewards! No word if the castle loot has been re-worked overall, as currently a T8 randomized dungeon loot has better loot than the main castle chests, which is a freaking joke.

For these to work, it's not all about season points as a reward, but the loot from chests have to equal the risk of sending a group of 20 players in ZvZ gear to fight over it, you're risking a lot for hardly anything right now. Same with the main castles, right now it can be up-to 400 players engaging in the castle fight and the loot is a pile of garbage. FIX THIS before the update goes live please!

Also still nothing to hurt massive alliances and another three months of zone capping as the anit-zone capping feature isn't made yet, even though we've waited and complained about it for the whole of last season.

:thumbdown:

clap

The post was edited 1 time, last by Robinhoodrs ().

• I'm not worried about the outpost having their chests available only once a week.
      Even because what is behind of its development is to provoke the separation of the large groups of players by a greater area of game and not to give more rewards, If the purpose is more rewards there are in the game other activities for this, as indicated very well, the RDs.

As for the map lock you're talking about, due to the season points for all the guilds of the alliances you'll see that most of your problems end up faster than you think.

I am glad to know that the changes on the map are being properly analysed to think about the stability of the game in the long term, my congratulations to the whole team for this initiative. :thumbsup:

The post was edited 1 time, last by LordSilva ().

• Very nice changes, even though GvG players might feel little bit attacked I think they should just wait until S7 is over and write some comprehensive feedback whether it was better or worse than season 6. What grinds me is that GvG elite defends their position no matter what, even before they had a chance to play something little bit changed.

I must tell that I am disappointed that it's still possible to lock the zone, so I suspect huge zone-locking battles. I guess Archs with 11k men (thats their size today), can easily take Mercia castle with 4.0 gear and since it only takes 10 minutes to take the castle, they can show up 30 minutes earlier to have it free. Huge mistake @SBI, I guess if this is going to be leveraged by Gluttony's army.

Besides that I am little bit sad that EU castles are not rescheduled one hour later so I could participate every day, but that's my personal situation so I can't be really demanding it for other reason.

Also, Robin's lats words were

"Go out there, craft trade.."

So I wonder if crafting is really going to add season points for guilds or it's Robins mistake.
    • LordSilva wrote:

I'm not worried about the outpost having their chests available only once a week.
      Even because what is behind of its development is to provoke the separation of the large groups of players by a greater area of game and not to give more rewards, If the purpose is more rewards there are in the game other activities for this, as indicated very well, the RDs.

As for the map lock you're talking about, due to the season points for all the guilds of the alliances you'll see that most of your problems end up faster than you think.

I am glad to know that the changes on the map are being properly analysed to think about the stability of the game in the long term, my congratulations to the whole team for this initiative. :thumbsup:
      Already have very limited open world OBJ's (all be it the hourly/6 hour chests that spawn loot and world bosses), the dev's already said they're looking to add more and more open world OBJ's to the game to bring activity, this just seems like a missed chance for that.

Daily small scale fights for the Outposts would be great, if the loot is good that is... which right now it sucks.

clap
    • hmm, I like the idea of guild challenge. All the other stuff no interest in. GvG and Crystal Realm fight target a very small % of the player base. Most player will never see these fights. IMHO you should cap the amount of territories any one guild can control otherwise they will just find a way around any changes you make and still dominate the map.
    • Robin mentioned he looked forward to how it plays out - it will play out like this:

With no mercs, and unified livetimers gvg guilds will have less territories and less points from territories than before.
      At the same time you now have extra castle points, which means more gifts to Blue Army who are the kings of open world fighting.

With the proximity of castles and mini castles they will cover the objectives and get more points than last season while their opponents will get less due to the patch.

So we will for the fourth time in a row have the same guild win the season. They are able to win in one specific part of the game, and that happens to be the one SBI keeps rewarding.

Feel free to bookmark this post and look at it 3.5 months from now and you will see.

Amazing
      /Frank
    • Hyped as fuck for these changes.

Hopefully big alliances (whatever alliance it is) will not try to zonelock or do some 20v300 outpost castle fights. Some outplay to do as well with that many objective, hopefully.

Let's keep it small scale and play the game is it should be.

Btw, 1 hellgate / random dungeons giving better loot than an objective where you can lose hundreds of people and their gear ... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh.
      Small improvement to do there, not huge, but a small one at least.

These changes have potential.
      -Slacking God
    • I hope the big castle and small outposts will have the same time regarding capturing. It means, for example:

If the time for the big castle is 16 UTC, since it take about 30 mins to capture the castle to earn season points, both teams have to defend and contest it around 15.30 UTC.

Therefore, to make it harder for big alliance to spread out and capture small outposts and castles at the same time, the time for small outposts to be calculated for season points should be around between 15.30 and 15.40 UTC ( capturing time for small outpost in the statements is 10 minutes) and should not be 16 UTC.

If they are both 16 UTC, big zerg can finish defending their castle at 15.30, then spread out and go to other outposts to defend them till 15.50 UTC.

I hope the devs are carefully calculated the timer so the capturing job for both big castles and outposts should be simultaneous.
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

LordSilva wrote:

I'm not worried about the outpost having their chests available only once a week.

Already have very limited open world OBJ's (all be it the hourly/6 hour chests that spawn loot and world bosses), the dev's already said they're looking to add more and more open world OBJ's to the game to bring activity, this just seems like a missed chance for that.
      Daily small scale fights for the Outposts would be great, if the loot is good that is... which right now it sucks.
      If you think that way limit yourself to the castles and let the outposts for the other players.

You know very well that what you want is not what the game is giving, Outpost was created to counteract the lack of Castles content and because of that lack of content, Squad and OOPs have become a problem in the game because both are going out doing ZoneLock each other.
      Outposts appear to force Big Alliances to separate by the map and not to reward them.
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

Robin mentioned he looked forward to how it plays out - it will play out like this:

With no mercs, and unified livetimers gvg guilds will have less territories and less points from territories than before.
      At the same time you now have extra castle points, which means more gifts to Blue Army who are the kings of open world fighting.

With the proximity of castles and mini castles they will cover the objectives and get more points than last season while their opponents will get less due to the patch.

So we will for the fourth time in a row have the same guild win the season. They are able to win in one specific part of the game, and that happens to be the one SBI keeps rewarding.

Feel free to bookmark this post and look at it 3.5 months from now and you will see.

Amazing
      /Frank
      I follow you equation, though a few unknown are in this

1) the challenges .. especially as "slave work" can now be seen on the time work sheet you can rally players now even more
      2) the crystal high level towers - if these super high towers give decent points and you maintain 10 at super high it might work

What I think is strange, if no mercenary and no alts work they could simply remove alliances

Because then the only purpose of alliance is
      A) Zerg support
      B) bigger safe zone territories

And that is a rubbish thing
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

What I think is strange, if no mercenary and no alts work they could simply remove alliances

Because then the only purpose of alliance is
      A) Zerg support
      B) bigger safe zone territories

And that is a rubbish thing
      I hear ya! :) One very nice thing about how Albion does alliances, however, is that it allows newer guilds and players to experience endgame content faster, and thus learn faster. Any kind of alliance restriction would likely result in less experienced guilds/players getting kicked to the curb.