Empty chests in solo dungeons (Green portals)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi everyone,

thanks to the help of you all we had been able to figure out two different issues that will be fixed and go live in a patch after Queen.

First issue: low reward chests in solo dungeons - error in the setup
      • this can only happen with common chests of tier 7 or lower and uncommon chests of tier 3
      • right now the player has an 80% chance to get at least a silver bag with an additional 20% (60% with premium) chance to get a second silver bag
      • after the fix goes live there will be a 100% to get at a silver bag (50% chance for a second silver bag with premium)
      Second issue: group dungeon chests - can be worked around until the fix goes live
      • player is part of a group where at least one member is not in the zone when the chest is opened
      • in this case the loot will appear after a set amount of time
      • bug can be avoided as long as all players are in the cluster

Best regards and once again thank you very much for your feedback,
      Thorn

PS:
      Please report any other issues with loot after those fixes went live.
    • Thanks for keeping us updated!
      The first identified issue says to cover low reward. The issue brought up here is no reward by means of a loot window not showing items like displayed in the screenshots posted. So is the no reward issue still unidentified or is it the same? Second, two days ago I had a legendary chest (I remember very well) which could not be looted in a tier 4 solo dungeon and one screenshot on the previous page posted by N0vazxx shows a rare chest having this issue. You mention having identified common chests and uncommon chests for solo dungeons. Does it mean there are still unidentified issues pending and is it worth collecting screenshots?
      On the previous page ImaDoki mentioned re-entering the dungeon solves the issue which I tried yesterday and it didn't work.
    • neptunium wrote:

Thanks for keeping us updated!
      The first identified issue says to cover low reward. The issue brought up here is no reward by means of a loot window not showing items like displayed in the screenshots posted. So is the no reward issue still unidentified or is it the same? Second, two days ago I had a legendary chest (I remember very well) which could not be looted in a tier 4 solo dungeon and one screenshot on the previous page posted by N0vazxx shows a rare chest having this issue. You mention having identified common chests and uncommon chests for solo dungeons. Does it mean there are still unidentified issues pending and is it worth collecting screenshots?
      On the previous page ImaDoki mentioned re-entering the dungeon solves the issue which I tried yesterday and it didn't work.
      Yeah I was little confused by what they said also, Because the chests in the screenshots DID HAVE LOOT it just didn't show up inless you went out and back in, Now They may have fixed this with the above fix meaning there was an Error in the loading of the chest because they did say something like this in the change, But a confirm would be nice.
    • neptunium wrote:

Thanks for keeping us updated!
      To me this worked. Did you try relogging ?
    • 1. None of this has been fixed yet for live. Sorry. ;(

2. The first "low reward" meant that the amount of silver rewared is at the absolute minimum of one silver bag.
      Thus only chests with a chance lower than 100% for this bag had been affected.
      Those are the mentioned Tier 3 to 7 Common Chests und Tier 3 Uncommon Chests.

Statistically the reward will not change after the fix goes live but instead of sometimes getting none or two silver bags will be changed to always receiving one silver bag.

3. The other issues concerns groups in general no matter the value of the chest.
      Our QA told me that as long as another player of your group is outside your zone the empty chest will appear.
      This is probably a code bug and needs investigation by our programmers.

4. We hope that this will remove all issues with those chests because they should never be empty before being looted.
    • Not sure if it's still needed but I'll post it anyway.

Type of RD: Solo(Green) Dungeon
      Non-Premium(For both Players)
      Region Type: Blue Zone
      Party of Two
      Both Players Non-Flagged
      Last Mob Killed: VanValthier
      Opened the Chest: VanValthier/Non-Premium/Non-Flagged
      Loot Option: Party Loot

Strength is choosing to stand up when you fall. Learn from your mistakes and experience, this way you'll grow stronger.
    • Neef wrote:

^^^^ The fix has not hit live yet, The fix is currently in Queen. @Dreciel
      I thought they'd fix one instance at a time? Since seemingly, on the #where information, it is a specific instance. Also, one of my guildmates encountered a bug with a gold chest. Sadly, he didn't know that he can report it here so #where isn't in the screenshot. Idk what zone and other info either. Guess I'll ask but he's offline atm.

Strength is choosing to stand up when you fall. Learn from your mistakes and experience, this way you'll grow stronger.
    • Dreciel wrote:

Neef wrote:

^^^^ The fix has not hit live yet, The fix is currently in Queen. @Dreciel
      I thought they'd fix one instance at a time? Since seemingly, on the #where information, it is a specific instance. Also, one of my guildmates encountered a bug with a gold chest. Sadly, he didn't know that he can report it here so #where isn't in the screenshot. Idk what zone and other info either. Guess I'll ask but he's offline atm.

One instance at a time? you joking? They are random generated. They all run off the same code if they are the same tier. No the fix is in queen so today it should be fixed.
    • Neef wrote:

One instance at a time? you joking? They are random generated. They all run off the same code if they are the same tier. No the fix is in queen so today it should be fixed.
      No, I wasn't joking, I genuinely "thought" that. I didn't know, that's why it's a question mark. It wasn't a statement. Chill. lol

And fix will not go live with the Queen Update it seems, as the Thorn said. We'll just have to wait. Thanks for the info, nonetheless.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dreciel ().

• Well, i did some group rd today and noticed that some of us dont get their share of loot anymore when opening a chest, it happened in 20 man dun too. only 2 person from the 20man group got to share the entire golden chest, did you changed they way chest loot works or is it a bug ? Like when RD where first implemented each and every person in your group had a chance to loot something from a chest, it does not appear to be so atm.
    • We haven't actually changed the loot but how it is setup so it becomes easier to maintain.
      With your reports we figured out another issue with the system that became apparent after this change.

The amount of loot didn't change but the frequency of a drop is off.
      So you might only get something in every 5th chest but it in average it will be worth 5 chests at once when you finally get something.
      This is related to the amount of players in your group.
      With 20 players you have a 1 in 20 chance to receive loot but get 20 times what you'd normally would have gotten.

We will see to fix this asap because this experience is not intentional.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Thorn-Delwyn ().

• Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

We haven't actually changed the loot but how it is setup so it becomes easier to maintain.
      With your reports we figured out another issue with the system that became apparent after this change.

The amount of loot didn't change but the frequency of a drop is off.
      So you might only get something in every 5th chest but it in average it will be worth 5 chests at once when you finally get something.
      This is related to the amount of players in your group.
      With 20 players you have a 1 in 20 chance to receive loot but get 20 times what you'd normally would have gotten.

We will see to fix this asap because this experience is not intentional.
      And quite frustrating to people who gets nothing.