Hi, was there a wipe?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi, was there a wipe?

Hey guys. I played back at the games release, mid tier backer. I remember having a character back then but obviously thats not there any longer. I made a new one and claimed the rewards I guess I'd had before. Im assuming the wipe happened when the model of the game was changed? Did original founders retain their original rewards and such?

I went ahead and purchased an island yesterday and got it maxed out and will be aiming to do crafting and gathering. Things definitely look way busier than they did a few years ago so thats good it seems!
    • Festwerk wrote:

Hey guys. I played back at the games release, mid tier backer. I remember having a character back then but obviously thats not there any longer. I made a new one and claimed the rewards I guess I'd had before. Im assuming the wipe happened when the model of the game was changed? Did original founders retain their original rewards and such?

I went ahead and purchased an island yesterday and got it maxed out and will be aiming to do crafting and gathering. Things definitely look way busier than they did a few years ago so thats good it seems!
      Welcome back Festwerk.

When did you last play?

Albion officially launched July 2017, 2 years ago, but it retained the original model of ‘pay-to-play’ with a one time payment for a ‘pack’ to get access. There was a wipe for that launch, but there’s most definitely not been one since. All ‘Founders’ got their rewards again at that launch.

We’ve had ‘free-to-play’ launch since, and that’s when things really got lively. For the better in my humble opinion.

I think you’ve come back at a good time. Others may disagree, but seeing hundreds and hundreds of players, in every Roayal City, at all hours of the day, says to me that the game is moving forward.
    • I may have played in 2017 then. I felt like it was 2016 but who knows heh. I think I picked it up while it was in Kickstarter still but i am not certain. Thats probably the wipe I'm talking about then as my original character was named Festwerk and he's no longer around ( I seem to have made a new character last year for a brief moment but life was busy and Ii didnt have time to sit and check the games progress out. I finally got things figured out last night. had 6500 gold so used some of it to max out an island (thats another thing I was concerned about as I had an island built up before but as you said that must have been beffore the official launch)