resolved

• Deraga wrote:

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before or not, I stopped playing shortly after release after hitting the red zones as it completely ruined my play experience, didnt matter that I had a group farming with me as we constantly got slaughtered by zergs of pvp players, having a PvE server is something that would definitely bring me back to the game as I enjoyed every aspect besides the pvp, if balancing is going to be an issue simply ramp up the pve monsters and bosses etc to make it more challenging, having specific pvp zones for those fort battles was a fun thing for sure, but having an entire tier or in this case multiple tiers of gear and resources pretty much locked behind mandatory pvp isnt all that great.
    it has been brought up and killed to the ground. it has been said multiple times on released 2017, where carebear said to pvp you don't exist without us and pvp said you dont exist without us either... where carebear said we dont need you pvp and pvp player said we dont need you either as dev can make the game for either side by providing the material or mechanic to move forward.... so yeah... it has... and it still hasn't changed... welcome to albion
    goo.gl/xPMhXU
    goo.gl/GK4CMs
    Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
    Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
    Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
    Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
    HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
  • Some of us enjoy PVP and others prefer PVE. Its a matter of preference which im sure Devs are looking into to balance the game. In its current state, the game is still improving with a lot of potential to grow, meaning a lot of contents can still be added. Its just a matter of time that the devs would add more PVE contents and hopefully more lore and storyline. With it, im sure more PVE gamers would join the game and it will be a win win situation for everyone. More players mean more fun!
  • A good example for PVE to incorporate PVP is to have a storyline wherein you will get a Sideline quest that would require you to get Player souls, souls can only be acquired thru PVP from dead players. Note: its a sideline quest not main and is only optional, but due to the factor of difficulty involved since it is PVP, you will get cool rewards. Or! a separate PVP quest line be available should you also wish. Meaning, PVP and PVE gameplay can be mixed depends on the devs imagination.
  • I'm new or roughly a week in. I like how it set up with the different zones that are coloured. As a primarily solo player who enjoys both pvp and pve the issue I have is the solo dungeons. They need to be fixed to not allow others in once it is occupied. Its my understanding that these dungeons were intended as pve content and solo play so why are players allow this pseudo pvp style of rushing in and stealing chests from a dungeon when a player already clearing it. Makes little sense and it will for sure detract many new players from play Albion if it happen enough.
  • massivelyindie wrote:

I'm new or roughly a week in. I like how it set up with the different zones that are coloured. As a primarily solo player who enjoys both pvp and pve the issue I have is the solo dungeons. They need to be fixed to not allow others in once it is occupied. Its my understanding that these dungeons were intended as pve content and solo play so why are players allow this pseudo pvp style of rushing in and stealing chests from a dungeon when a player already clearing it. Makes little sense and it will for sure detract many new players from play Albion if it happen enough.
    solo means geared towards solo players. Its open world. Do them in yellow zones or red zones if you want to avoid pvp.
  • Gank wrote:

massivelyindie wrote:

I'm new or roughly a week in. I like how it set up with the different zones that are coloured. As a primarily solo player who enjoys both pvp and pve the issue I have is the solo dungeons. They need to be fixed to not allow others in once it is occupied. Its my understanding that these dungeons were intended as pve content and solo play so why are players allow this pseudo pvp style of rushing in and stealing chests from a dungeon when a player already clearing it. Makes little sense and it will for sure detract many new players from play Albion if it happen enough.
    solo means geared towards solo players. Its open world. Do them in yellow zones or red zones if you want to avoid pvp.
    why would I go to a pvp zone to avoid pvp in solo dungeons?
  • massivelyindie wrote:

Gank wrote:

massivelyindie wrote:

Those zones have indicators of hostile numbers, so there is no way for you to be killed if you pay attention.
  • Gank wrote:

massivelyindie wrote:

Gank wrote:

massivelyindie wrote:

Those zones have indicators of hostile numbers, so there is no way for you to be killed if you pay attention.
    How do I pay attention when one eyeball is mashing Q and the oher is mashing E?
  • massivelyindie wrote:

Gank wrote:

massivelyindie wrote:

Gank wrote:

massivelyindie wrote:

How do I pay attention when one eyeball is mashing Q and the oher is mashing E?
    You can't fix stupid
  • Finalhecate wrote:

Deraga wrote:

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before or not, I stopped playing shortly after release after hitting the red zones as it completely ruined my play experience, didnt matter that I had a group farming with me as we constantly got slaughtered by zergs of pvp players, having a PvE server is something that would definitely bring me back to the game as I enjoyed every aspect besides the pvp, if balancing is going to be an issue simply ramp up the pve monsters and bosses etc to make it more challenging, having specific pvp zones for those fort battles was a fun thing for sure, but having an entire tier or in this case multiple tiers of gear and resources pretty much locked behind mandatory pvp isnt all that great.
    it has been brought up and killed to the ground. it has been said multiple times on released 2017, where carebear said to pvp you don't exist without us and pvp said you dont exist without us either... where carebear said we dont need you pvp and pvp player said we dont need you either as dev can make the game for either side by providing the material or mechanic to move forward.... so yeah... it has... and it still hasn't changed... welcome to albion
    I havent come back yet, just kept getting adverts saying I should, if nothing has changed since launch then there is no point in returning, australian ping makes pvp pretty shit, yes I know you can see hostile players in zones and all that, but in the end it always turns out the same, not just in albion, in pretty much every game that tries to push pvp into pve content, it always turns into a zerg fest, im not expecting anything to change, 99% sure it wont.
  • Deraga wrote:

Finalhecate wrote:

Deraga wrote:

I havent come back yet, just kept getting adverts saying I should, if nothing has changed since launch then there is no point in returning, australian ping makes pvp pretty shit, yes I know you can see hostile players in zones and all that, but in the end it always turns out the same, not just in albion, in pretty much every game that tries to push pvp into pve content, it always turns into a zerg fest, im not expecting anything to change, 99% sure it wont.
    I can't find the thread. but they made a reason why they put it on the us.. and not the other way.. but yeah, if i was 200-300 i wouldn't doubt that i would of quitted soon.. you get to 100 on my screen you start lagging. and every second counts when you getting ganked or fighting.. sometimes i saw a 100 ping, right at the arena.. i had to apologies that i lag cause they f**** us up cause of that.. lucky we still won.. but i feel ya..
    goo.gl/xPMhXU
    goo.gl/GK4CMs
    Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
    Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
    Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
    Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
    HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
  • Deraga wrote:

Finalhecate wrote:

Deraga wrote:

The part I highlighted in red is the part you're mistaken about. They're pushing PVE into PVP content. This is a PVP game primarily - that's how they have promoted it since I've heard of it. Therefore, that's where you're making your mistake. Probably the same with the other games you're claiming that are pushing PVP into PVE.
  • Hello.

This has been discussed many many times. Other players have already sugested this.

Just imagine asking for a car racing game to stop doing races because you dont like them.

Thats exactly what you are asking here. Albion Online is a pvp focused game. Everything in the game revolves around pvp.

Without pvp, Albion online simply cannot exist, the same way a car racing game can not exist without races.

If what you want is a full PVE only experience, then you can try other games. Albion is not that type of game.