Who is in charge of the UI changes?

• Who is in charge of the UI changes?

Like the title says ... FIRE THIS PERSON!

Sort feature all sorts of broken - pun not intended.

Market place UI change is totally horrific.

Why do you spend so much time and money (obviously paying this terrible idea generator) "fixing" things that aren't broken?

All my chests look like I threw up all over my monitor after I hit sort, game is totally unplayable. /s (only on the unplayable part) for now..
    • They actually fixed the sort button to work much better now so huge thanks to whoever that did it.

What I really wish they fixed on the marketplace is the buy/sell order screen. For what reason are we only allowed to see three sell orders at once and why are they so small? I can barely read the text half the time. They should just make them separate full pages that we can scroll down as a list.
    • zerfaxx wrote:

They actually fixed the sort button to work much better now so huge thanks to whoever that did it.

The sort function is completely broken. It doesnt even sort weapons by Tier anymore. It's all jumbled up.

zerfaxx wrote:

What I really wish they fixed on the marketplace is the buy/sell order screen. For what reason are we only allowed to see three sell orders at once and why are they so small? I can barely read the text half the time. They should just make them separate full pages that we can scroll down as a list.
      There are more than three sell orders shown at once. You might want to change the UI settings, font size, UI scaling etc.
    • Hi @KCyanide,

I am the one you suggest should be fired ;)

Even though I personally had no hand in the sorting changes, I believe the intended way this is supposed to work is much better than it previously was.
      For Reference:

Old Sorting:New Sorting:
      1. Equipment items (main AND offhand)
      2. Equipment items (rest)
      3. Mounts
      4. Consumables
      5. Farmables
      6. Simple items
      7. Furniture items
      8. Journal items
      9. Unknown itemtype items
      1. Equipment items (main hand)
      2. Equipment items (off hand)
      3. Equipment items (head)
      4. Equipment items (body)
      5. Equipment items (feet)
      6. Equipment items (capes)
      7. Equipment items (bags)
      8. Mounts
      9. Consumables
      10. Consumablefrominventory
      11. Farmables
      12. Simple items
      13. Furniture items
      14. Journal items
      15. Unkown items

After the item type, items are sorted by name & tier instead of item power as they used to. This way you should always have all of your hunterjackets next to another instead of mixed between all sorts of other armor slots.

As for the Marketplace UI, we are aware that the rounding behaviour in the Buy/Sell orders is not as intended. This will be fixed asap!

Hi @zerfaxx,

could you maybe provide us with a screenshot of the sell/buy order screen as you see it? As @Lucifen has stated, this should not be the case...

Cheers,

Mo
    • @GrayMo
      Thank you for taking your time and explaing. I still think something went awfully wrong with the new system.

As you can see, everything needed to make food is all over the place. Not only is the stuff of the same tier not next to each other anymore (and you mostly need same tier stuff for each food) - it also has random items jumbled in between, is sometimes ascending order, sometimes descending. The wheat and ghoul jarrow are for ?some? reason at the bottom. Seaweed is inbetween runes and souls?!?! Animal produce, Meat and vegetables seem to be randomly sorted too. This type of sorting is completely useless for the cooking aspect.
      It might be better for gear sorting - but thats something i already prefer to sort by hand.

For me personally it makes the "Sort" function completely worthless. I could maybe get used to it or atleast see the general upside for the change, if it was in any way consistent. But right now it just looks like something went wrong.

EDIT: I would like an option per chest/bank to choose the way it sorts, but i dont know how complicated implementing that would be and can understand if that is too much work for a small quality of life change.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lucifen ().

• New sort is great, thank you Dev

The rest of the UI is atrocious though.....

Make menus smaller please, able to move around the screen, and ability to remove/shrink all UI so we can actually see the game, our player, our battles....

(UI-scale down option)

Also please make the arena queue "instant-cast" or very fast cast, it bugs-out when you have to cast for 2-3 seconds to enter arena and somebody is fucking around by queing and aborting.
    • Thats the "your orders" screen. Not the "buy order" or "sell order" one. You are right there, it could need some work to be easier to use.

zerfaxx wrote:

Also about the new sort button: You guys absolutely nailed it! Please don't change it again it's perfect!
      Did you take a look at my screenshot? Does that look like a "nailed" sorting?
    • Lucifen wrote:

Thats the "your orders" screen. Not the "buy order" or "sell order" one. You are right there, it could need some work to be easier to use.

zerfaxx wrote:

Also about the new sort button: You guys absolutely nailed it! Please don't change it again it's perfect!
      Did you take a look at my screenshot? Does that look like a "nailed" sorting?
      yes, resources are sorted by enchantment and tier and each category of item (journals, materials, runes) are all separated properly.
    • zerfaxx wrote:

yes, resources are sorted by enchantment and tier and each category of item (journals, materials, runes) are all separated properly.

Do i really have to circle and mark the stuff that is out of whack in my screenshot? There are crops at the top AND the bottom. Herbs are just spread out all over the place. Stuff that should be sorted by use/type is sorted by name. The tiers are jumping all over the place. All the farming stuff is just randomly somewhere.
      The screenshot is after sorting.

Red = Crops
      Green = Herbs
      Blue = Animal produce

How is that in any way a "perfect" sorting?

Edit: i get it now. Its sorted by name and they ALL count as the same type of item.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lucifen ().

• I am with @Lucifen on this one. Same goes for artifact items too, not just herbs/crops.

@zerfaxx I have previously mentioned on another post, they have never touched this thing since beta. An easy solution that I can think of is that, Buy orders and Sell orders both get their own page on the right menu as tabs similar to the current Buy Order tab.

Oh while we are at it, how about a "USE all" button for silver bags and tomes SBI?
      [img]http://i.imgur.com/u207xaO.png[/img]