cant trade on auction

• Yea the new market changes are atrocious, so atrocious that I wonder how this was even approved for the patch.

Any UI designer with a brain would question the usefulness of 180k 180k 180k 180k 180k, etc.

Need a UI designer? I'll apply if this is the talent I am up against.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

Didn't the UI designer leave right after the Percival patch was deployed?
      He's not the only one working on the UI, he's part of a team.

H4n1baL says goodbye

H4n1baL wrote:

But something general about the UI team: roughly for the past 3 years, there's always been a dedicated UI team, consisting of artists, programmers and designers. I was just leading this team for the most part, so I left this team behind when I started to work on the Customization features. They are still exclusively responsible for the UI, but that includes everything from new screens (for example new features like the customization), reworked screens (e.g. the Marketplace 1 year ago) and of course also quality of life improvements (but only the UI part usually ^^).

So nothing should really change at all in the near future when it comes to the speed, amount or quality of the UI that is being produced.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

- Lino

The post was edited 1 time, last by Evas_Flarelight: Add a word. ().

• Evas_Flarelight wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

Didn't the UI designer leave right after the Percival patch was deployed?
      He's not the only working on the UI, he's part of a team.

H4n1baL says goodbye

H4n1baL wrote:

But something general about the UI team: roughly for the past 3 years, there's always been a dedicated UI team, consisting of artists, programmers and designers. I was just leading this team for the most part, so I left this team behind when I started to work on the Customization features. They are still exclusively responsible for the UI, but that includes everything from new screens (for example new features like the customization), reworked screens (e.g. the Marketplace 1 year ago) and of course also quality of life improvements (but only the UI part usually ^^).

So nothing should really change at all in the near future when it comes to the speed, amount or quality of the UI that is being produced.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

- Lino

Don't misunderstand, I didn't intend anything disrespectful, But I know in failed projects I tried collaborating in, disagreements in design can cause someone to leave. Plus, what's shown to the public isn't always the same as what's on the other side of the curtain. The comment I was responding to just made me wonder if it wasn't all connected somehow. Maybe with an "I told you so" in there somewhere.
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

But I know in failed projects I tried collaborating in, disagreements in design can cause someone to leave. Plus, what's shown to the public isn't always the same as what's on the other side of the curtain. The comment I was responding to just made me wonder if it wasn't all connected somehow. Maybe with an "I told you so" in there somewhere.
      That's comparing apples to oranges. Unless the facts says otherwise, it's all just speculation and adds nothing to this discussion.

Back to the topic, I personally prefer that the actual numbers are shown in the Market UI. IMO, the space is more than enough except for items selling in the Billions.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Evas_Flarelight: Edited out my reply about the part I first quoted. ().

• Evas_Flarelight wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

But I know in failed projects I tried collaborating in, disagreements in design can cause someone to leave. Plus, what's shown to the public isn't always the same as what's on the other side of the curtain. The comment I was responding to just made me wonder if it wasn't all connected somehow. Maybe with an "I told you so" in there somewhere.
      That's comparing apples to oranges. Unless the facts says otherwise, it's all just speculation and adds nothing to this discussion.
      Back to the topic, I personally prefer that the actual numbers are shown in the Market UI. IMO, the space is more than enough except for items selling in the Billions.
      First, on subject, I'm glad you personally prefer it, but many don't and their opinion, (mine included,) is that it's crap design. Anyone who looks at the fluctuations in markets or any form of accounting want exact data. Maybe either you personally or SBI as a company should try giving round-about data like that to your accountant or investors and see how well that flies.

On the beginning of your reply, I never said it wasn't speculation, but if it didn't add to the discussion, it wouldn't have been worth answering.
    • I guess I wasn't being clear. I also prefer the old system back since it shows the exact number right away instead of a rounded off amount that I need to highlight to see how much it actually is.

That's the reason why I said that the space in the Market UI, in my opinion, *looks* enough to fit the actual numbers. The only reason to show it rounded off is when the amount is in the Billions.
    • Evas_Flarelight wrote:

I guess I wasn't being clear. I also prefer the old system back since it shows the exact number right away instead of a rounded off amount that I need to highlight to see how much it actually is.

That's the reason why I said that the space in the Market UI, in my opinion, *looks* enough to fit the actual numbers. The only reason to show it rounded off is when the amount is in the Billions.
      Yeah, it seems you did say actual numbers. That was my fault for skimming after logging off still a little frustrated with the new design. It seems I may have been looking to argue this time rather than comprehend, and for that I apologize.