Tell Your Story!

• The longer I wait, hoping against expectation, the more I wish I'd have added the part I cut to stay under the 600 word limit. Especially with how amazing some of the rest of the stories are.

Good luck all. There are many amazing stories that deserve to win.

Edit: I wonder if there would be any interest if I moved my entry to the Chronicles section, completed it and continued with it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dc1a0 ().

• Captainrussia wrote:

would be funny if the guy who wins is the one who already quit the game and asked for his account to be deleted :(
      even more funny that i got it back ^,^

imgur.com/a/EPa7fL5 that video is being worked on ^,^
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs

The post was edited 1 time, last by Finalhecate ().

• It took us a while to go through all the entries and finally decide on our favourites - with the amount of fantastic entries, this was no easy task. Alas, here are the winners:

Our first prize goes to @Xanthirius. May the 1 year of Premium Status serve WipeHype and her Labor Company well!

Xanthirius wrote:

The Rise of the Illustrious WipeHype

The first runner up and winner of the 6 months of Premium Status is @Davenfal with his story of Grovekeepers. This one truly made me regret the 600 word limit we put in place, as I wanted to keep on reading...

Davenfal wrote:

I decided to take a hefty bit creative license with this and hopefully that'll be alright! Whenever I get into an MMO that I really enjoy, I always like making things up that feel like it'd fit the world and characters. I wish the word limit was a bit bigger since I really had to trim a lot down but I understand why the shorter length was picked. Anyways, here's my submission!

Grovekeepers

My story in Albion began like many others, I was a commoner that bought travel on the Lady's Bounty to cross the ocean and begin my life a new.

Shortly after my arrival in Albion I found myself as a sapling, a trainee under the stern tutelage of the secretive Monks of the Grove. A sect dedicated to raising mighty defenders that stand tall as the White Wood trees in the wilds. My days were spent either training or listening to lectures deep within the shelter of the Grove.

It has been a year since I joined the Monks and under the hot sun I trained today like many others. With a grunt I stepped away from my striking pine which was mottled with the many imprints of my fists.
      “Maybe...”I began to muse, “I'll have a rest and take a break from this heat...” Sighing, I wiped the sweat from my brow and started to unwrap my fists but stopped immediately as the air pressure dropped around me.I swiftly turned and adopted the pose of The Pine ust as a powerful gale of wind blustered by. The wrappings and many of my other belongings were shoved away by the powerful wind but with a smirk, I straightened myself and walked forward.
      “Ah Davenfal, you know... I liked you much more when I could sneak up on you and send you sailing through the air and crashing into a tree...”I raised my eyebrows as I addressed the hunched over old Abbot.
      “Abbot Damocles! You mean all those times you nearly cracked my skull open you weren't trying to teach me a valuable lesson on patience and awareness?”
      “Well...”The old man began, winking at me. “Only most of the time.” With a laugh he turned and began to hobble off, he lifted his hand and beckoned me to follow him. We ended up at the center of the Grove. I bowed as I noticed the father of the Grove, Janus, was waiting for us along with a stranger I didn't know. Janus stepped forward and hefted up into his hands a mighty and ethereally glowing blue log. Without a word he stepped forward and with all of his weight, shifted and directed a powerful blue directly at my core.

WHUMPH! The ground around me shook slightly as I took the full impact of the weapon, remaining unmoved. The grass and foliage behind me to rustle in the breeze created from the strike. With a sigh he relaxed and allowed the branded log to fall to the ground with a thud. His face softened and with an extended arm patted my shoulder. “Davenfal, it is with great honor that I am now able to call you a Grovekeeper. You have grown into a mighty tree worthy of the Grove itself, now go forward into Albion, for no axe shall fell you.” The Father motioned to the right and nodded. “Receive one final offering from us and depart.” Damocles pulled away the sheet covering that Janus motioned too and beneath was a set of shimmering plate armor and an engraved log.

The Father and Abbot watched me silently as I suited up in the hefty iron. As I turned, fully dressed they nodded and walked back into the Grove to resume their teachings. The stranger finally approached me, she had dark hair and a piercing stare. Along her back was a glowing staff and her dark cape was adorned with a bright yellow sigil on it. “I'm from a guild called Overlooked, I wanted to speak to you...”

Finally, @Mishirene and her amazing drawings, as well as an entertaining story earned her a place as a second runner up, also winning 6 months of Premium Status!

Mishirene wrote:

So I drew a little comic/story thing for my submission. It can be found as soon as you expand the spoiler!

Display Spoiler

"Well hello there adventurers. My name is Mishirene. You may be wondering how I happened upon this huge sack of silver.It's quite the story actually, so take a seat and listen to my tale of strife and conquest"

"My story is similar to most who come to Albion.It began on a ship, sailing to a land that promised a new life and a better future."

"But what really set this ship apart from many others were the people in it.They were among some of the Old World's most talented and wise."

"Unfortunately, the same could not be said about the captain: who mere hours before landing made a bet with his parrot that he could dock the boat blindfolded."

I awoke on a beach. Alone, nearly for some reason naked, and very afraid. No signs of my compatriots anywhere. I had made it to Albion, but to this day I never found out if anyone else survived the wreck.

"But I did not let that dissuade me.I got back onto my feet. I crafted tools. I gathered materials. I forged weapons. And I fought the foes Albion had to offer.I continued to sharpen my skills. This training eventually, it lead to the adventurer you see here before you."

"And that is my story. I hope it has inspired you to become as great as I am some day!"

"What the hell?" Says a visibly upset and slightly confused wizard with short hair. "I didn't ask for your bloody life story. I wanted to know why the hell you're chest ratting in a bloody yellow zone!"

Congratulations to all winners!

But wait - that's not all. We had an unexpected amount of amazing entries that kept us entertained and so we wish to reward you effort. Everyone who submitted a valid entry and told their story will receive 10 days of Premium Status on a character of their choice!

Winners and everyone who participated, please send me a direct message via the forum containing the name of your character to receive your reward.
    • Oh my gosh this is amazing! When I saw @Xanthirius submission I knew I wouldn't be taking first place. That video was seriously golden, and I loved it.

I'm also super excited to see that @Davenfal made it as a runner up! Having read through the other versions of the story I have to say I'm happy that his effort paid off.

I'm also glad to have made it as the second runner up. I was originally going to make a short animation but I'm in the middle of a move so I ended up making a comic story thing in a day.

Thanks for hosting the event. It was a lot of fun!
    • @Elsa

If you want to read the original before I cut it down, check out the spoiler :D
      Display Spoiler

My story beginslike many others, seemingly steeped monotony, poverty and the commonday to day of the middle earth living under the hand of the king. Asthe ship The Lady's Bounty rocked and crested the many waves of theFeldon Ocean my thoughts turned westward, towards the setting sun andto the new lands which were called Albion. Heralded as the new worldby many and by others
      Kul'im Tor, or, theland of blood for those that don't speak in the archaic language ofDruidic. Of the few that return from Albion, the tales are always ofbloodshed, war fought territories and greed struck clans eager todeceive; though, there are those who speak in whispers and hushedundertones of a life free from the empire, of easy living and the joyof cutting a life for oneself in the peaceful hills or in one of thenew worlds many coastal islands.

The hours of my seafaring journey bled together, days were hours and seconds were thefading imaginations and fantasies of a new and better life, free ofthe shadow of the empire which was cast upon all who were beneath itscrest. One look around the hold filled with misfit travelers andmerchants usually had the same result as any other criticalinspection: small amounts of conversation and a lot of minds lost inthought.

“Land ho! Theglow of the sun shines and Albion is but a day away!”. Eagerly Imade my way to the stairs that led onto the deck of the vessel andclambered, along with many others, to the railing and squintedthrough the warm glow of the sunset. A cheery and rumbling baritoneof a laugh rolled over us and I looked over my shoulder and saw thecolorfully dressed captain addressing us from behind the wheel of TheLady's Bounty.

“Aye lads andladies, tis true! Albion is but a night away. We've a strong wind toour arse and have made record time across these fated waters.” Hemade an exaggerated wink and laughed once again and slapped a crewmanon the back as they took the wheel. “Aye, now be the best time togo get your haversacks in order, The Lady and me wont be staying inport for longer than a few hours. So be sure to have all yourbelong'ins in ship shape by the rising of the sun, Aye?”. As Iturned once more, my heart was pounding as it was kissed by the coolocean spray and my thoughts once again drifted towards Albion.

It was a year afterthat I found myself adopted by the secretive Monks of the Grove, asect that teaches and grows those that would stand like mighty WhiteWoods in defense of those who cannot or side by side those fight, asteady anchor who is unmoved by wind, water nor sword and arrow.
      Whmp, Bmph, Umphwere the sounds that echoed in the grove as the mighty pines shookwith the impacts of fists of the saplings, new recruits, trainedunder the careful eyes and stern rebukes of the Abbots of the Grove.The exercise was to build strength, teach peace and to learn the waysof the Grove.
      It was high noonthat I stepped away from my pine and unwrapped my fists. I smiled asregarded that no blood stained the fabric.

“Maybe...” Ibegan to muse, “I'll be able to graduate in a few months.”Sighing, I wiped the sweat from my brow but stopped immediately asthe hair on the back of my neck stood up as the air pressure droparound me. I swiftly turned and adopted the pose of The Steady Pinejust as a powerful gale of wind blustered by. The wrappings and manyof my other belongings were shoved away by the powerful wind but Istayed unmoving and with a deep breath, straightened myself andstepped forward with a grin.

“Ah Davenfal, youknow I liked you much more when I could sneak up on you and send yousailing through the air and crashing into a tree...” I raised myeyebrows as I addressed the hunched over Abbot.

“Abbot Damocles,you mean all those times I nearly cracked my skull open you weren'ttrying to teach me a valuable lesson on patience and awareness?”

“Well...” Theold man began, winking at me. “Only most of the time.” With alaugh he turned and began to hobble off, he lifted his hand andbeckoned me to follow him. We ended up at the center of the Grove, alocation of teaching and celebration. I stopped and bowed as Inoticed the father of the Grove, Janus was waiting for us along witha stranger that I didn't recognize. Janus stepped forward and heftedup into his hands a mighty and ethereally glowing blue log. Without aword he stepped forward and with all of his weight, shifted anddirected a powerful blue aimed directly at my core. In an instant Icentered myself and bent my knees and hardened my abdomen.

WHUMPH! The groundaround me shook slightly as I took the full impact of the weapon,remaining unmoved the force of the impact caused the grass andfoliage behind me to rustle in the breeze created. Father Janusstepped back and spoke with a shout as he stepped forward to makeanother three blows, each time punctuating the impact with a word.
      “Flexibility”WHUMPH.
      “Wisdom”WHUMPH.
      “Strength”WHUMPH.

The strangerregarded the event with a distressed silence but Abbot Damoclespatted her on the shoulder and whispered into her ear, “The finaltest for those that would be called Grovekeepers... He's a bit hotheaded but shows a lot of promise.”

Father Janus closedhis eyes in focus and made one final wordless strike. With a sigh herelaxed and allowed the branded log to fall to the ground with athud. His face softened and with an extended arm he patted myshoulder. “Davenfal, it is with great honor that I am now able tocall you a Grovekeeper. You have grown into a mighty tree worthy ofthe Grove itself, you have listened to the whispers of the leaves andlearned the wisdom they had to offer. Now go forward into Albion, forno axe shall fell you.” The Father motioned to the right andnodded. “Receive one final offering from us and return to the Groveone day to pass on all that you have learned as we have done to you.”Damocles pulled away the sheet covering that Janus motioned too andbeneath was a set of shimmering plate armor and an engravedGrovekeeper weapon.

The stranger,Father and Abbot watched me silently as I suited up in the heftyiron. As I turned, fully dressed they nodded and walked back into theGrove to resume their teachings for my time with them was finished;though the stranger remained. She was dressed in a series of robesand adornments and carried a large glowing staff strapped to herback. She had dark Ebon hair and rather piercing eyes.

“Davenfal? I'dlike to speak to you about joining our ranks. I'm from a guild calledOverlooked...”

I shifted a bit,slightly unaccustomed to the weight of my new gear but listenedeagerly to her proposal as little did I know that I would begin theadventure of a lifetime.

There are probably a good amount of spelling errors (for some reason some spaces were omitted when I pasted it in, so be aware of that as well) and its a bit rougher around the edges but this was what I originally came up with. It's a bit different from some of the base lore but I went ahead and took some creative license for a few things. I think its a good thing there was a limit because I probably would have kept writing if there weren't.... >_>

Either way, hope you enjoy it!

Congrats to @Mishirene and @Xanthirius for winning as well, you both deserve it!

The post was edited 3 times, last by Davenfal ().

• Davenfal wrote:

@Elsa

If you want to read the original before I cut it down, check out the spoiler :D
      Display Spoiler

My story beginslike many others, seemingly steeped monotony, poverty and the commonday to day of the middle earth living under the hand of the king. Asthe ship The Lady's Bounty rocked and crested the many waves of theFeldon Ocean my thoughts turned westward, towards the setting sun andto the new lands which were called Albion. Heralded as the new worldby many and by others
      Kul'im Tor, or, theland of blood for those that don't speak in the archaic language ofDruidic. Of the few that return from Albion, the tales are always ofbloodshed, war fought territories and greed struck clans eager todeceive; though, there are those who speak in whispers and hushedundertones of a life free from the empire, of easy living and the joyof cutting a life for oneself in the peaceful hills or in one of thenew worlds many coastal islands.

The hours of my seafaring journey bled together, days were hours and seconds were thefading imaginations and fantasies of a new and better life, free ofthe shadow of the empire which was cast upon all who were beneath itscrest. One look around the hold filled with misfit travelers andmerchants usually had the same result as any other criticalinspection: small amounts of conversation and a lot of minds lost inthought.

“Land ho! Theglow of the sun shines and Albion is but a day away!”. Eagerly Imade my way to the stairs that led onto the deck of the vessel andclambered, along with many others, to the railing and squintedthrough the warm glow of the sunset. A cheery and rumbling baritoneof a laugh rolled over us and I looked over my shoulder and saw thecolorfully dressed captain addressing us from behind the wheel of TheLady's Bounty.

“Aye lads andladies, tis true! Albion is but a night away. We've a strong wind toour arse and have made record time across these fated waters.” Hemade an exaggerated wink and laughed once again and slapped a crewmanon the back as they took the wheel. “Aye, now be the best time togo get your haversacks in order, The Lady and me wont be staying inport for longer than a few hours. So be sure to have all yourbelong'ins in ship shape by the rising of the sun, Aye?”. As Iturned once more, my heart was pounding as it was kissed by the coolocean spray and my thoughts once again drifted towards Albion.

It was a year afterthat I found myself adopted by the secretive Monks of the Grove, asect that teaches and grows those that would stand like mighty WhiteWoods in defense of those who cannot or side by side those fight, asteady anchor who is unmoved by wind, water nor sword and arrow.
      Whmp, Bmph, Umphwere the sounds that echoed in the grove as the mighty pines shookwith the impacts of fists of the saplings, new recruits, trainedunder the careful eyes and stern rebukes of the Abbots of the Grove.The exercise was to build strength, teach peace and to learn the waysof the Grove.
      It was high noonthat I stepped away from my pine and unwrapped my fists. I smiled asregarded that no blood stained the fabric.

“Maybe...” Ibegan to muse, “I'll be able to graduate in a few months.”Sighing, I wiped the sweat from my brow but stopped immediately asthe hair on the back of my neck stood up as the air pressure droparound me. I swiftly turned and adopted the pose of The Steady Pinejust as a powerful gale of wind blustered by. The wrappings and manyof my other belongings were shoved away by the powerful wind but Istayed unmoving and with a deep breath, straightened myself andstepped forward with a grin.

“Ah Davenfal, youknow I liked you much more when I could sneak up on you and send yousailing through the air and crashing into a tree...” I raised myeyebrows as I addressed the hunched over Abbot.

“Abbot Damocles,you mean all those times I nearly cracked my skull open you weren'ttrying to teach me a valuable lesson on patience and awareness?”

“Well...” Theold man began, winking at me. “Only most of the time.” With alaugh he turned and began to hobble off, he lifted his hand andbeckoned me to follow him. We ended up at the center of the Grove, alocation of teaching and celebration. I stopped and bowed as Inoticed the father of the Grove, Janus was waiting for us along witha stranger that I didn't recognize. Janus stepped forward and heftedup into his hands a mighty and ethereally glowing blue log. Without aword he stepped forward and with all of his weight, shifted anddirected a powerful blue aimed directly at my core. In an instant Icentered myself and bent my knees and hardened my abdomen.

WHUMPH! The groundaround me shook slightly as I took the full impact of the weapon,remaining unmoved the force of the impact caused the grass andfoliage behind me to rustle in the breeze created. Father Janusstepped back and spoke with a shout as he stepped forward to makeanother three blows, each time punctuating the impact with a word.
      “Flexibility”WHUMPH.
      “Wisdom”WHUMPH.
      “Strength”WHUMPH.

The strangerregarded the event with a distressed silence but Abbot Damoclespatted her on the shoulder and whispered into her ear, “The finaltest for those that would be called Grovekeepers... He's a bit hotheaded but shows a lot of promise.”

Father Janus closedhis eyes in focus and made one final wordless strike. With a sigh herelaxed and allowed the branded log to fall to the ground with athud. His face softened and with an extended arm he patted myshoulder. “Davenfal, it is with great honor that I am now able tocall you a Grovekeeper. You have grown into a mighty tree worthy ofthe Grove itself, you have listened to the whispers of the leaves andlearned the wisdom they had to offer. Now go forward into Albion, forno axe shall fell you.” The Father motioned to the right andnodded. “Receive one final offering from us and return to the Groveone day to pass on all that you have learned as we have done to you.”Damocles pulled away the sheet covering that Janus motioned too andbeneath was a set of shimmering plate armor and an engravedGrovekeeper weapon.

The stranger,Father and Abbot watched me silently as I suited up in the heftyiron. As I turned, fully dressed they nodded and walked back into theGrove to resume their teachings for my time with them was finished;though the stranger remained. She was dressed in a series of robesand adornments and carried a large glowing staff strapped to herback. She had dark Ebon hair and rather piercing eyes.

“Davenfal? I'dlike to speak to you about joining our ranks. I'm from a guild calledOverlooked...”

I shifted a bit,slightly unaccustomed to the weight of my new gear but listenedeagerly to her proposal as little did I know that I would begin theadventure of a lifetime.

There are probably a good amount of spelling errors (for some reason some spaces were omitted when I pasted it in, so be aware of that as well) and its a bit rougher around the edges but this was what I originally came up with. It's a bit different from some of the base lore but I went ahead and took some creative license for a few things. I think its a good thing there was a limit because I probably would have kept writing if there weren't.... >_>

Either way, hope you enjoy it!

Congrats to @Mishirene and @Xanthirius for winning as well, you both deserve it!

Hey @Davenfal you wrote really well and your story made me wish there was more! If you ever continue it and post in Chronicles, I would love to follow. So a huge congratulations to you, @Xanthirius and @Mishirene, as well as everyone who submitted their entries. Enjoy your Premium for more adventures in Albion! :thumbsup:

Mytherceria#3744