Sword new W.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sword new W.

Swords
      • Parry Strike (new W spell introduced with Percival):
        • Energy Cost: 6% → 9%
        • Cooldown: 8s → 12s
      Really? Make atleast 10 sec cd and 8 % of energy cost , why you Nerf this new W so hard? It is not even movement channel spell. @Retroman .

Swords not in a good spot - energy problems , useless iron will (after you changed it drastically, old version when you could get 1 stack was perfect) , broken Split slash ( with double animation ) , (Long delay , after you use E on Broadsword) , Broken AOE Q animation (When your character stops for 0.5 sec when you cast it) , so-so passives if we compare them to other melee weapons.

And it is only a short list of problems.

There are low amount of builds that are actually working with swords in open world and zvz.

If you want to nerf real OP spells - do it with new W spell on axes.
    • Equart wrote:

If you want to nerf real OP spells - do it with new W spell on axes.

The new W on axes is powerful, yes. If you can actually get close enough to maximize it. Here's a list of things it doesn't do - reflect, silence, immunity.

I don't think swinging the nerf bat for parry is too extreme simply for the utliity the skill provides:

Interrupt any channel whatsoever? There's a skill for that.
      About to eat a any big burst? There's a skill for that. BONUS points since it is both a cleric robe and hunter hat at the same time.

When the only change they made was the cooldown and mana cost - signalling that the tradeoff for cost/utlity was heavily one-sided.

Heroic strike has move-speed and attack speed. Yes, swords are purge weak, but from a new W skill comparison, Parry is by FAR the most bang for your buck - and it's still not functioning correctly (Or was, did they fix the not reflecting?).

Carving Sword was a FoTM this month, before they even fixed the E skill.

I'm not seeing what you see, sir.
    • Equart is spot on. Why nerf the skill after less than one week??

The new w didn’t need the energy nerf at all. The cooldown is reasonable, but swords run out of energy way too fast.

The 8% energy cost and 10s cooldown would be an actual reasonable nerf.

Though, to be honest SBI should have at least let the skill be for a few weeks to gather some data, and for people to come up with some counters.

This is a blatantly obvious give in to a few complaining people. Why not tackle other things people complain about being OP before this new skill?

I dont know if its a perception thing, but after this nerf patch it feels like sword skills are using more energy than they should. (And not because of the energy increase on the new W).

I can usually balance my energy use, but last night in a group RD, and even with lymhurst cape, i was always low on energy. I even tested not using the W skill at all for a couple dungeons and I was still always low on energy.
      (At work right now if someone can test)

With all that said, Swords need some more tweaks, and some good changes to start with would be:
      - new W parry 8% energy and 10s cooldown
      - add 1 heroic charge to all W skills
      - reduce the energy cost of most of the sword skills (not saying by a lot, just a shave)

Edit:
      I also wanted to agree with Tabor in the post above. The movement stopping on certain skills is unnecessary and would be a good change to remove the no movement on the new W, Splitting Slash, and the after-cast of the Broadsword E skill.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Momekic ().

• Gibba wrote:

CD it's still too low.
      Show me a better W on the game. On all weapons.
      You really want to play this game?

- Ray Of light
      - New Axe W spell
      - Grudge
      - Wall of flames
      - Frost nova

Etc. and etc. All depends on individual in-game situations. Of course if we take a look on other W spells on swords - they are mainly su*k , thats why you think it is strong globally , which is not . This spell should be balanced in CD and mana Cost probably , but not in such way - with 12 sec cd and 9% mana cost, it is too much. This spell should be buffed into 10 sec cd and 8 % of mana cost.
    • If the new W started on any longer of a cd there wouldn't be this discussion.

You tasted the OP power and now want it back.

I think the issue is that the other sword W spells PALE in comparison, not that this W is not competitive with other trees.

I'd support a shorter CD if you sacrificed ONE of the FOUR things it does. No other W you listed does FOUR THINGS.

FOUR.

FOUR FLEXIBLE OPTIONS.

DAMAGE.
      REFLECT.
      INVUL.
      SILENCE.

Constantly complaining about the CD/mana cost but I'm not seeing any acknowledgement of where its power resides. Just complaints. EQ you are better than this.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MEATCUP ().

• I toally agree with Meatcup.

Btw

- Ray Of light
      It's a real skill shot, does damage, and root AOE. Powerful, but you miss it loads of times.
      Only two effect btw, so it's really not at the same level.

- New Axe W spell
      Does good aoe, it's not a channel and boost damage. It's nice, only two effects, more mana consuming ( at least 13 % - 15 % of the pool.)
      I think you can purge it.
      Against single target is impossible to get full stack (you reach 5 on 10).
      It's inferior, only two effects, doesn't have any defensive in it.

- Grudge
      Purgable too, you lose desecrate that is different but powerful too (you lose your only cc, and have only the passive hit and run).
      Straight damage that needs time to ramp up.
      Inferior.

- Wall of flames
      Interrupt, fear, little damage. It's a real skillshot, you have to use it correctly. But as frost nova it's a signature for pyromancer.
      And gives a possibility to kite your enemy.
      I think that this kind of ability are deserved to ranged class, to have the possibility to kite.

- Frost nova
      Same as wall, different as gives mobility and freeze.
      if you use something else on the W for more dps, you lose all mobility.

All this ability have a tradeoff on their counterpart abilities.
      The new W of swords incorporate everything.

Do something as Meatcup suggested AND buff the other W on swords... Ironwill and splitting slash at least.
    • Gibba wrote:

I toally agree with Meatcup.

Btw

- Ray Of light
      It's a real skill shot, does damage, and root AOE. Powerful, but you miss it loads of times.
      Only two effect btw, so it's really not at the same level.

- New Axe W spell
      Does good aoe, it's not a channel and boost damage. It's nice, only two effects, more mana consuming ( at least 13 % - 15 % of the pool.)
      I think you can purge it.
      Against single target is impossible to get full stack (you reach 5 on 10).
      It's inferior, only two effects, doesn't have any defensive in it.

- Grudge
      Purgable too, you lose desecrate that is different but powerful too (you lose your only cc, and have only the passive hit and run).
      Straight damage that needs time to ramp up.
      Inferior.

- Wall of flames
      Interrupt, fear, little damage. It's a real skillshot, you have to use it correctly. But as frost nova it's a signature for pyromancer.
      And gives a possibility to kite your enemy.
      I think that this kind of ability are deserved to ranged class, to have the possibility to kite.

- Frost nova
      Same as wall, different as gives mobility and freeze.
      if you use something else on the W for more dps, you lose all mobility.

All this ability have a tradeoff on their counterpart abilities.
      The new W of swords incorporate everything.

Do something as Meatcup suggested AND buff the other W on swords... Ironwill and splitting slash at least.
      u guys need to remember that what makes a weapon is not only a single spell, so the entire kit need to be balanced, if the game was like that having all Q, W and E the same balanced it wouldn’t be like that, axe Q then shouldn’t have healing reduction while the swords stacks ur self wow. So if this W were on axe the spell would be necessary to have like 20 sec CD because the rest of axe kit are really good
      and that’s the same for League as well I.e
      if this W was really strong we would be seeing not only carving in meta, a weapon the pierces, do a lot of damage and has a dash. Swords are not even in every gvg team so how could it be that strong?