Free-to-Play FAQ

• Hey folks,

Will try to shed some light on your questions and concerns.

SHARKY wrote:

While I'm happy with the bonus rewards the current pay-to-play players will be getting, one thing I would REALLY like is a unique Avatar Border, that sets us apart from the F2P players.

I'm thinking of a border similar in presence to the ones that the Legendary and Epic Founders got.
      Thanks for the suggestions, will see what we can do! ;)

Equartus wrote:

Are you ready guys? xD :D

One question - your servers are ready for this?

Dhivine wrote:

What are you going to do to prevent

What are you going to do to make sure that the players who will try out this game will actually stay? If you can't let a lot of the players stay that actually paid for Albion?
      To make it easier to read through, I have seperated each of your concerns below.

Bots

The main answer to this of course is Easy Anti Cheat, this is one of the very reasons it was prepared and implemented ahead of the F2P launch. We are not solely relying on easy anti cheat, but in addition we're improving our data collection methods and we're using this data to detect bots as well.
      Our policy on botting has always been absolute zero tolerance , and several departments in our team are actively monitoring this very closely.

Other ways of cheating

I am not sure I can give you a relevant answer here because the question is pretty open, but in general Easy Anti-Cheat is capable of automatically detecting various cheating methods.
      In addition to that we are also expanding our support team, who are also keeping a very close eye on this.

You can find more information on Easy Anti-Cheat here.

Premium price

Player market determines the price for premium. If the increased demand causes a price increase, this will make buying gold a more attractive prospect, which should in turn, bring down gold prices.

Spammers, Trolls & Scammers

We have recently implemented an anti spam system, combined with several other chat moderation mechanics in preparation for F2P, so far this includes;
      • Whisper limit to max amount of players within a certain time-frame
      • Automatically censoring racist, homophobic slurs which also applies when creating characters, guilds and alliance names.
      • An extended mute list to 150 incl. Mails
      Gold sellers

I believe you’re referring to silver sellers here, our stance on this remains unchanged, it is and will always be highly prohibited.

To combat them we have targetted their business model - how we do that is preventing botting and preventing credit card fraud. We have implemented a system that requires the account to meet certain criteria, which is then manually verified by us to be able to use Gold.

More info can be found here.

Naked scouts

Note that naked scouting with a 2nd account is forbidden by our terms and conditions if the same person is inside the dungeon with their first account - that would violate our multi-accounting rules as the two characters are then assisting each other. If you suspect someone of violating the terms and conditions, please report this to our support team here.

Recently we have taken a measure, that two clients cannot be run simultaneously If premium is not active on at least one account, which would also make scouting on secondary accounts significantly harder.

MORE ZvZ lag / Performance & Stability

To be clear, improving the technical performance of Albion Online will continually be a high priority to us, and we are fully aware that performance issues sometimes occur during very large fights.
      Not only do we strive to push Albion Online to it’s technical limits wherever we can so that you can experience these large scale fights, we incrementally improve the stability of the game as we locate performance issues. Since it can be down to a wide variety of reasons, we are evaluating reports on a constant basis.

Additionally, here are some of the measures put in place in the past and looking to F2P:
      • Optimizing performance of spell effects
      • More customizable graphical settings
      • Adapting cluster caps in relation to performance limitations, while also maintaining our real time action combat model.
      • The Portal Rework should also have an impact on how often you encounter these issues, since the player population will be much more spread out. Naturally, we will be reviewing that during and after the test.
      • We recently split cities into into multiple clusters
      • We have also invested in additional hardware, to mitigate the impact of server overload of a particular zone on the entire game.
      We also have several fall-back mechanisms prepared ready for when Albion Online becomes Free to Play on the 10th of April.

On top of this, we are always grateful for your support in helping us pinpoint potential issues, it's great if they can forward their cases with as much detail as possible.

Filling zones with F2P accounts

So a couple of measures to prevent this, first also relates back to the fact we have made it significantly more difficult to have multiple accounts running in parallel that do not have premium active. And although not as restrictive as above, the new tutorial also acts as initial time-based barrier that you need to complete in order to access the rest of the game. Right now the tutorial takes approx. 40 mins to complete.

What are you going to do to make sure that the players who will try out this game will actually stay?

We have introduced 6 major updates since release, at a general pace of 3-4 major updates per year which we will keep up going forward. Content is king, and the timely introduction of new content into the game will always have the biggest impact on player retention.

During that time, we have made a conscious effort to improve the rewards you can obtain in Albion Online on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
      This is also part of our objective to introduce features that let you make meaningful progress and feel the benefits of logging into the game on a daily basis, even if your friends and guildmates are offline, which doesn’t lock you into waiting for others to show up.
      At the same time, we have kept ‘rewarding the effort of individuals’ at the forefront of our minds when designing the way you achieve the GvG season rewards. Not only can you obtain them at different ranks but you also need a certain amount of guild loyalty.
      Overall, we see that the recent Adventurer’s Challenge and the GvG season rewards, has had a very positive impact on short term and long term player retention.

To further expand on that, as you may have read in the recent Roadmap, we outlined our two main goals, one of which being to ‘’Improve the quality and variety of activities available to players of all experience levels’’. By improving the replay-ability and variety of content that we offer to all experience levels, like we see in the Random Dungeons for example, we can create great incentives for players to return to them.

Grimhawke-EB wrote:

Korn wrote:

MissBehave wrote:

Yep, so did I. If I had 6 characters, 1 on each of 6 accounts, I would get the rewards 6 time. So what if I bought 6 starter packs on 1 character on 1 account, should I not also get the reward 6 times???
      The reward will be given per game pack redeemed. I.e. if you have redeemed, say, 3 game packs (veteran, epic, legendary) on a single account, you'd get the reward 3 times. This is to make sure that people who redeemed multiple game packs on the same account - as opposed to different accounts - are not at a disadvantage.
      Do we need to have premium active in order to receive the rewards for having purchased a founder or starter pack? I have an alt account that I don't use anymore and let the premium expire. Will that account get the specter wolf, 1000 gold and 3 days of premium?
      You do not need premium active on you account to recieve the Spectre Wolf, you just need your chosen pack to be redeemed.

The FAQ will be updated accordingly, thank you for putting forward your questions and sharing your feedback, hope this helps!

- Evoque
      AlbionOnline | @EJevoque | Evoque#9601
    • Thanks for the clarification - very good and transparent reply.

One thing - how about you add "Random Dungeon/Hidden Entrance" to your Party Finder ASAP - I cannot believe you add THE greatest feature to group content which requires to group up and not try to revitalize your dead feature "Party finder" when its needed the most ;) by single players without group.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Skitted ().

• Evoque wrote:

Premium price

Player market determines the price for premium. If the increased demand causes a price increase, this will make buying gold a more attractive prospect, which should in turn, bring down gold prices.
      If im not mistaken - increased demand causes a price increase (yes), Im not sure that a good/service that costs more is an attractive prospect, and if people buy more of it - will will not bring down the price of gold, it will further increase it (buying a good/service increases the price, not the opposite). Selling a good/service decreases its price.

So I would paraphrase your statement with the following:

"Player market determines the price for premium. If the increased demand causes a price increase, this will make buying gold a more attractive prospect (not sure, will say its "neutral", a price increase =/= more attractive, i.e its very subjective in economics), which should in turn, bring down further increase gold prices."
    • Captainrussia wrote:

If im not mistaken - increased demand causes a price increase (yes), Im not sure that a good/service that costs more is an attractive prospect, and if people buy more of it - will will not bring down the price of gold, it will further increase it (buying a good/service increases the price, not the opposite). Selling a good/service decreases its price.
      you buy gold, you sell gold for silver,theres more gold on the market, hence the price drops, you are wrong buddy
    • tabooshka wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

you buy gold, you sell gold for silver,theres more gold on the market, hence the price drops, you are wrong buddy
      That is one theory. And the logic is good. But there are other factors...

I suspect gold price will take another leap up. Even if it will be more difficult to affect the gold market, as there just is too many people, at the same time the pyramid just gets wider at the bottom and the top still keep getting richer...

And we saw it happen on the Steam launch. I have no proof but if there is a way to take advantage of the situation and cause a little grief for the new players, some people will try. That is just the way online games work, in my experience.

I am not sure, just a gut feeling.

It could be the complete opposite and the larger population make the gold market completely free and float the value freely. So gold price might actually drop... But without some major changes to how the gold market and UI works, I doubt it.

Also Free-to-Play means many will try to fund their gaming with silver, so there would be steady outflow of gold from the market in premium purchases.

we will see.
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion

The post was edited 5 times, last by Ravenar ().

• tabooshka wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Are you talking about buying gold with IRL $$??? Because Im not...

I was talking about buying gold from the ingame market with silver. If "you buy gold (with silver), you sell gold for silver, theres more gold on the market, hence the price drops" - this makes no sense.

When people buy gold (from inside the game, with silver, to use for their premium or to just hold it) - there is less gold on the Market and its price will increase.
    • Evoque wrote:

Recently we have taken a measure, that two clients cannot be run simultaneously If premium is not active on at least one account, which would also make scouting on secondary accounts significantly harder.

Filling zones with F2P accounts

So a couple of measures to prevent this, first also relates back to the fact we have made it significantly more difficult to have multiple accounts running in parallel that do not have premium active. And although not as restrictive as above, the new tutorial also acts as initial time-based barrier that you need to complete in order to access the rest of the game. Right now the tutorial takes approx. 40 mins to complete.
      Relating to what is in Blue only and in the case of the accounts being used in Caerleon, as any other instance outside a town would be a breach on the multi accounting.

I know of several players use several accounts inside the city of Caerleon to keep an eye on the Auction House and Black Market, meaning that is just 2 accounts that dont really need Premium to run, in there day they paid for the game. Does it mean the person has to run all 3 game clients including the one he plays with premium for the other 2 accounts to work?
    • Grimhawke-EB wrote:

What happens to accounts that were created using a trial key, but never bought a starter pack? Will those accounts be able to play after AO goes F2P? If they end up purchasing premium, do I get any referral bonus?
      no progress is wiped meaning your progress saves and will be playable where you left off on the official f2p release date
      My Referral Link: albiononline.com/?ref=PUNXMV31W4
    • Grimhawke-EB wrote:

What happens to accounts that were created using a trial key, but never bought a starter pack? Will those accounts be able to play after AO goes F2P? If they end up purchasing premium, do I get any referral bonus?
      Great question on the referral bonus - I too would like to know the answer. I've given out 175+ keys, with only 37 earning me a bonus - there's a lot of potential there for the other 140 to come back and purchase premium!
    • SHARKY wrote:

Grimhawke-EB wrote:

Great question on the referral bonus - I too would like to know the answer. I've given out 175+ keys, with only 37 earning me a bonus - there's a lot of potential there for the other 140 to come back and purchase premium!
      I got an even bigger question , how do you get the founder forum badge? im a legendary game purchase and was wondering how do I get that particular badge
      My Referral Link: albiononline.com/?ref=PUNXMV31W4
    • Albion FAQ wrote:

Will I get rewards for each game pack I have purchased?

The reward will be given per game pack redeemed. I.e. if you have redeemed, say, 3 game packs (veteran, epic, legendary) on a single account, you'd get the reward 3 times. This is to make sure that people who redeemed multiple game packs on the same account - as opposed to different accounts - are not at a disadvantage.
      So that means if I got a founder legendary edition, I will get all the rewards 3 times? The mount x3, gold x 3 and premium x3?

Gryffyth:Toma tu arma y síguenos en discord.gg/ktrNXWN
    • FlashEtte wrote:

SHARKY wrote:

Grimhawke-EB wrote:

I got an even bigger question , how do you get the founder forum badge? im a legendary game purchase and was wondering how do I get that particular badge

It's because I bought a Starter Pack during Beta (Starter Packs were know as Founders Packs back then), before the games official pubic launch. That got me the Founder badge. I then upgraded with a Legendary after launch, which got me the Starter badge.

Neesh wrote:

Albion FAQ wrote:

Will I get rewards for each game pack I have purchased?

So that means if I got a founder legendary edition, I will get all the rewards 3 times? The mount x3, gold x 3 and premium x3?

Only if you purchased 3 Legendary Packs

The post was edited 1 time, last by SHARKY ().

• @Evoque I have an important question that I don’t think has been covered yet

We were all new players once, and when we redeemed our first Founder/Starter Pack we got an initial 2000 Learning Points.

What will happen to brand new players that start after April 10 - will there be new types of packs or bundles to buy, that will grant them an initial amount of LP?

If not then I guess that’s another huge advantage that us Founders will have had!
    • SHARKY wrote:

@Evoque I have an important question that I don’t think has been covered yet

We were all new players once, and when we redeemed our first Founder/Starter Pack we got an initial 2000 Learning Points.

What will happen to brand new players that start after April 10 - will there be new types of packs or bundles to buy, that will grant them an initial amount of LP?

If not then I guess that’s another huge advantage that us Founders will have had!
      Someone said you cannot buy the packs once it goes free, by the way you redeem 2000 learning point or 2000 gold? cause I know I got 2000gold in every wipe and upon release XD....

I also doubt there will be anything for new players, such as gold, because if new player started even with 500 gold upon new account it would get exploited, so my theory is that they will start scrach new, 0 gold.. if not the dev can give some lp..

We have more of an advantage on new player as old player,

1- our gathering is probably already max, i know i have t8 on fiber and hide before i quitted this game and t 5 ore
      2- we have gold amount saved, i gave away according to my video 62k, but im positive others have 100ths and 100ths of gold saved,
      3-If the dungeon get nerf like everyone want it, we already ahead in silver, i have 27mill silver and i give silver to my guild partner only which they now have enough for 6month premium,

In all honest we are ahead by a huge margin because of what may happen in the f2p and forward date....

1-price of resource inflates, decrease in prices, longer time to farm for silver
      2- Increase in farming silver= increase the gold price= 2500/3000 in future point for buying premium. maybe 6-7mill per month who knows
      3- we are in black zone, we are not going to see the fight on all the yellow zone from all those player who can't gather enough cause there is to much of them farming in the same zone, so those who are in oxes will prepare to see a gank in yellow where they will drop a 100% ox full loot to 60% per death or 70%.. [meaning it will go from 100% to 70% etc and then probably another smack to the face as they cant escape for another 40% or what ever lower it goes to]

And im ready to be here in the forum to receive all the qq, im also lurking in reddit for it. *devil grin*
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
    • SHARKY wrote:

@Evoque I have an important question that I don’t think has been covered yet

Starter packs gave 200 LP, not 2000. That's only the equivalent of 10 days worth of building LP with a premium account.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254