Free-to-Play FAQ

• Eysim wrote:

Dhivine wrote:

What are you going to do to prevent

- Gold sellers
      Why do you care? You going to sell the gold ?
      Thanks for committing your very first forum post with a useless answer to my serious questions.

I am not as hyped as most people about it. I see some very negative possible issues that can impact the game and community.
      Op zoek naar een internationale guild met Nederlandstalige spelers? Stuur mij een PM!
    • Anyone asking for more compensation for SBI getting more players into the game will be chopped up and used as bait in the next fishing contest.

You have gotten to play the game all this time, what better reward is there?.
      Many of us payed 100$ for a 3 day headstart at launch - and you guys complain about paying 30 for up to 1.5 years of head start to the f2p crowd.

Get over yourself and consider how lucky you have been for having played this awesome game instead.
    • Evoque wrote:

As a thank-you gift, all accounts that have redeemed a Founder or Starter Pack before April 10, 10:00 UTC will receive the following:

The Specter Wolf mount – an exclusive ghostly mount that has the same stats as a Direwolf and will not be available at any other point in the future

1,000 Gold

3 Days of Claimable Premium
      Is this a joke? OMG, with the same success you could just give nothing!!!

BuXLoW wrote:

Why only 3 days of premium? We are believe in the game and pay! Give us two or three month or a gold so that at least a couple of month of premium. Or better, something what will do us unique toward F2Players possibly without drop system or TAG or like this. Because wolf will lost in the first battle and in the future, you dont know who is who (like in warframe they gave to players Excalibur prime and no one else cant ever get it and its players will not able to sell or lose it) . So surely be honest with respect to those who bought the game. >=(
      This guy is right!!! We believed in your project and what you do with us is not just not beautiful. This is disgusting!!!
    • All who talks "give more..." think again. You played the game all the time. Most of you already have enough gold to supply premium status for years. You have the experience, the knowledge of game. As for me, specter wolf seems okay. The influx of new players is the best thing that devs can give for us, really, after f2p.
    • I’d just like to repeat, that I myself am happy with the rewards that SBI are giving us, for being paying customers. I’ve not actually spent much cash on this game - just the original founders starter pack ($30) + an upgrade to Legendary during a sale, after release (can’t remember the cost of that). I’ve always paid for premium with silver I earn in game selling farmed goods, and with gold earned from referrals. I consider that amazing value for an activity I partake in almost every day, even if only casually most of the time.

The suggestion for an special Avatar Border was merely a thought. I’d actually prefer it to the gold, wolf and premium. However, anything I’m being given for free is a bonus.

The headstart I have over the new F2P players is really the only thing that matters, and worth every penny of the packs I already purchased.
    • Kainoren wrote:

Honestly you should have just made a SEPARATE server. A FREE-TO-PLAY server for ppl to start fresh and have the BUY-TO-PLAY server here as legacy server that ppl can still pay RL money to get in !
      that would be stupid...

why split the population? And why limit who can play with whom? Historically all MMO's do this (WOW, even EVE Online - the mother of Albion), so yeah...
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

Anyone asking for more compensation for SBI getting more players into the game will be chopped up and used as bait in the next fishing contest.

You have gotten to play the game all this time, what better reward is there?.
      Many of us payed 100$ for a 3 day headstart at launch - and you guys complain about paying 30 for up to 1.5 years of head start to the f2p crowd.

Get over yourself and consider how lucky you have been for having played this awesome game instead.
      Yep, so did I. If I had 6 characters, 1 on each of 6 accounts, I would get the rewards 6 time. So what if I bought 6 starter packs on 1 character on 1 account, should I not also get the reward 6 times???
    • MissBehave wrote:

Yep, so did I. If I had 6 characters, 1 on each of 6 accounts, I would get the rewards 6 time. So what if I bought 6 starter packs on 1 character on 1 account, should I not also get the reward 6 times???

The reward will be given per game pack redeemed. I.e. if you have redeemed, say, 3 game packs (veteran, epic, legendary) on a single account, you'd get the reward 3 times. This is to make sure that people who redeemed multiple game packs on the same account - as opposed to different accounts - are not at a disadvantage.
    • bmizzle wrote:

barsyk wrote:

Please consider the opportunity to make a reward according to the purchased package. It is not fair to give everyone the same.
      i agree i bought 2 $100 packs, why should someone that bought 2 $20 packs get the same legacy rewards as me?
      Because you ALREADY got the extra rewards for purchasing the higher value packs. You got more gold, more Premium, more unique items than those that purchased the lower packs.
    • Korn wrote:

MissBehave wrote:

The reward will be given per game pack redeemed. I.e. if you have redeemed, say, 3 game packs (veteran, epic, legendary) on a single account, you'd get the reward 3 times. This is to make sure that people who redeemed multiple game packs on the same account - as opposed to different accounts - are not at a disadvantage.
      Do we need to have premium active in order to receive the rewards for having purchased a founder or starter pack? I have an alt account that I don't use anymore and let the premium expire. Will that account get the specter wolf, 1000 gold and 3 days of premium?
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

• Korn wrote:

MissBehave wrote:

TYVM