Pinned The Current Albion Online Round Table

• If the devs listen to top players, the game will be centered around those top players, being designed for their advantage and not actually for the people that want to play it. Top players are usually greedy as fuck and want everything easier for themselves so they stay on top.
    • Komamura wrote:

If the devs listen to top players, the game will be centered around those top players, being designed for their advantage and not actually for the people that want to play it. Top players are usually greedy as fuck and want everything easier for themselves so they stay on top.
      Top Players dont want easier, they want a challenge. They're bored of sitting on top.
    • Komamura wrote:

If the devs listen to top players, the game will be centered around those top players, being designed for their advantage and not actually for the people that want to play it. Top players are usually greedy as fuck and want everything easier for themselves so they stay on top.
      I can't speak about specific discussions but I have to say that the overall tone there is very far from top players wanting things for themselves. Quite the contrary. The huge majority of discussions and opinions are about helping the small guys and creating some better progression/less snowball in the game.
    • Stormlord wrote:

return to the core vision S.I

what was the original plan and what made you excited about this project

sincere changes will beat player forced ones every time

idealistic but if you guys lose moral then the games fucked.
      Core version was to attract the audience. It is impossible to do all the features.
      These were just sketches, so that someone interested in and attracted to the game.
      Be realistic. Better a few well-executed functions than all, but very bad.
    • Lardeur wrote:

BRiCK wrote:

Top Players dont want easier, they want a challenge. They're bored of sitting on top.
      Yeah of course, that's why there is 1 thousand people in OOPS alliance, and why they even make pacts with POE for reset days.
      Are you dumb? Theyre just playing the game. They've got a system in place to make sure they attend every warcamp and keep a dominant presence.

Whats stopping you from doing the same thing? Nothing other than your whining on the forums.

Want to compete? Get some guilds together and start attacking the warcamps that Oops goes to. If you take over the warcamps, you can turn the tide of control

That was my whole point with that post.
    • Ravenar wrote:

Majority of the people have left.
      I am pretty sure they were not thinking: "Yaaay, this is so much fun, I can't take it anymore. I have to go ;( ;( ;( "

Did they have to stay here forever? It's normal that players come and go.
      They played enough in one game and went to play in another. You can not always enjoy the same process, except for the fuck.
    • Clu wrote:

Stormlord wrote:

return to the core vision S.I

what was the original plan and what made you excited about this project

sincere changes will beat player forced ones every time

idealistic but if you guys lose moral then the games fucked.
      Core version was to attract the audience. It is impossible to do all the features.These were just sketches, so that someone interested in and attracted to the game.
      Be realistic. Better a few well-executed functions than all, but very bad.
      no it was to create a easy to play multi-platform full loot pvp game with the feel of diablo

work on performance and making all the playstyles enjoyable
      The Magic Cross Shoppe
      trades- services - artists - land rentals
      join today!

discord.gg/wbZTeVrfWN
    • Ot seems like the majority of players are very new (started at realease or similar). Most don't seem to remember that many playstyles used to be possible until the developers developed them out of the game....solo, pve, transport caravan types, pve/gatherer (the best lost playstyle), etc.

They were here. Everything gets the nerf-hammer in the end. Fun was the worst thing to nerf though.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Raithe ().

• Ravenar wrote:

BRiCK wrote:

Majority of people like the game the way it is so odds are, it wont be changing much.
      Majority of the people have left.
      I am pretty sure they were not thinking: "Yaaay, this is so much fun, I can't take it anymore. I have to go ;( ;( ;( "
      I never said I liked it. I left too.

Im waiting for something to make it worth coming back.

My point was that they've catered to the "majority" at this point because if you notice, their numbers are actually doing well. Not that I like it, but from a business viewpoint, they are doing much better than they were in the betas.

Thats why I was saying it wont be changing much anymore.
    • I dont understand why there are guilds inside the RT that are from the RENT alliance.

GM's that pay for their season points instead of play for it, should not be considered people that understand the game, thus making them uncapable of making decisions that would benefit the game
    • gwebber wrote:

I dont understand why there are guilds inside the RT that are from the RENT alliance.

GM's that pay for their season points instead of play for it, should not be considered people that understand the game, thus making them uncapable of making decisions that would benefit the game

are you saying paying for season points in a sandbox game isnt a valid way of playing the game?