Pinned The Current Albion Online Round Table

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ZaZii wrote:

It's much easier to gather "good" feedback if you ask the 2-5 "leading experts" of some content, instead of asking the whole community where everyone wants to throw in his/her 2 cents.
      Wrong. These people most likely represent the 0.001% of game population, their way of playing the game is totally different from majority. If anything - feedback should be taken from all different kinds of players and not just guild leaders.

Your average guild leader is playing a totally different game than your ganker/gatherer/zvz meatshield/fame farmer/crafter
    • Karmac wrote:

ZaZii wrote:

It's much easier to gather "good" feedback if you ask the 2-5 "leading experts" of some content, instead of asking the whole community where everyone wants to throw in his/her 2 cents.
      Wrong. These people most likely represent the 0.001% of game population, their way of playing the game is totally different from majority. If anything - feedback should be taken from all different kinds of players and not just guild leaders.
      Your average guild leader is playing a totally different game than your ganker/gatherer/zvz meatshield/fame farmer/crafter
      Totally agree
      Youtube/Equart
    • So it took you about what now? 1-2 years to make a reply to the topic of the round table and you even romanticize about how you want to be "open" about it, after transparency has been reduced further and further right after your "final beta" crash.

Name the members, show the guilds and topics.

Last time i was in there, your round table forum was just another feedback section with a couple of guys posting interesting ideas, while the majority was acting literally out of place with mild bashing comments or just ignoring ideas (thinking of Zarfs threads e.g.). In a matured manner, each and every comment has the right to be viewed at and commented with a neutral mind set to be open for new ideas. Especially if you want to crack down on new ideas or feedback.

Remebering the words Thorgal used to describe it: "It is just about who screams the loudest in there".

And lastly your player feedback circle: we - the players - gave you heavy loads of feedback throughout the years, only to see you ignoring it mostly while applying your own ideas, which led to frustration - or how you call it - "the saddle point".

The filter of information has a quality level and apparently your level managed to come up with the game reality we now have.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Archiemedis ().

• Without knowing anything about the round table and people in it, I do feel there is a high risk of it containing a Clique of similar minded people who run their collective agenda and dismiss any opposition.

I feel this is the round table:

instead of this:

I do not excel in any part of the game. I am a semi-casual DIY kinda guy who wants to try different things in the game. But I would be interested in this. At least I would have different point of view from the Clique. And I do spend a lot of time on the forums...
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion
    • Karmac wrote:

ZaZii wrote:

I agree that the playstyle is different between the "top" and the average players.

That's not entirely what it's about, though - you may have misread my point:

- By "leading experts" I meant people who know their stuff.
      Do you want 50 failed plot-owners be the ones to judge plots/auctions/buildings in cities, or do you want the ones who were/are actually holding those plots for months, e.g. BananaPudding?
      In my opinion, one has to understand a system in order to be constructive about it. The failed plot-owners obviously did not understand it, therefore their feedback would most times be crap (e.g. "make my defense worth 10x as much", or "make a minimum tax on the buildings of about 20% tax, cuz otherwise it's not profitable!!!")
      Of course there is a risk that some of the successful plot owners don't want to change a thing about it since they're already happy since they're profiting. But, from what I've heard, it's not that rewarding/broken, nor easy - so I'm fairly certain, if you allow some of them throw pages of feedback at you, you'd read very interesting stuff in there.

- Guild-Leaders are getting invited on there as a "middle-man" between their Guild and the devs - like a Megaphone for his/her members.
      The width of the new RT seems pretty big. Silver rank? That's pretty much any guild that either held any territory for a little bit or did "some" mage-farming.
      If I recall correctly, guild-leaders with bad English can even push their 2nd on the RT - just so their guild gets a voice.
      What they do with it, that's entirely up to the people "representing" your guild. If he/she is a lazy fck and does forward your feedback, nor even cares, then it's not the RT-designs' fault.

- The RT DID invite a bunch of people to represent the broader playerbase. The problem was, that either those representatives just sucked(at sharing their experience/feedback AND suggesting solutions), or their feedback was at the "wrong time", or it just was not discussed/forwarded well enough.
      1st point now getting another chance by inviting even more people. I think silver-rank includes more then enough representatives of that player segment.
      2nd point will always be there - devs have their bunch of ideas they want/have to push to next patch, there is just so much room they can squeeze additional ideas in and if you want to remake a whole branch of the game, it may not happen any time soon.
      3rd point now hopefully getting fixed with this restructuring.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ZaZii ().

• A Round table?

Read this forum - there are so many suggestions, ideas and points you have to fix.

Do you work and stop these endless discussions - bla, bla, bla, ....

The same procedure again and again in many games - if the dev's can't fix the problems and have no ideas -> they create a roundtable.

This game is dying - now we see the first step
    • @LordFischi The Round Table has been around since 2015: Albion Round Table

This thread is an update to the situation and it also gives you information on how to join.

LordFischi wrote:

Read this forum - there are so many suggestions, ideas and points you have to fix.
      The Round Table is an addition to the public forum. Good suggestions and quality feedback posted on the public forum will still be read by developers.
    • Picking up random people that actually make a lot of good statements in forums is a much much better way to make the Round Table work than picking top players and guild leaders imo.

Top players and Guild Leaders will always comment and suggest things that will keep their asses on the top.

If you cant figure that then im sorry for you.
      Artificial intelligence will never beat natural stupidiy.
    • Could I join? :)

ZaZii wrote:

Of course there is a risk that some of the successful plot owners don't want to change a thing about it since they're already happy since they're profiting. But, from what I've heard, it's not that rewarding/broken, nor easy - so I'm fairly certain, if you allow some of them throw pages of feedback at you, you'd read very interesting stuff in there
      @ZaZii Well, for other owners, I don't know. However, for me, I think some mechanics should change. Actually, I and some of the owners are in the process of collecting all data to propose something to the developer.
      Food marketing and Shops/Plots manager :)
    • i wonder if this round table was around at the time of wolf pup bug which existed for like 12 months before release where i started a thread and it got 200+ posts and finally the bug was fixed.

like 2-3 posts above some1 said u ll only get opinions to make themselves more advantages. there are not enuf fair real characters left in this world.
    • solventh wrote:

like 2-3 posts above some1 said u ll only get opinions to make themselves more advantages. there are not enuf fair real characters left in this world.
      Pretty much all last posts/threads (On the RT!) were along the lines of:
      "We're too strong, nerf us! Here some solutions to screw up our advantage"
      or
      "The carebears have little to no chance, give them more options!"

edit:
      seems like I need to specify that I'm talking about the RT

The post was edited 1 time, last by ZaZii ().

• ZaZii wrote:

solventh wrote:

Pretty much all last posts/threads were along the lines of:"We're too strong, nerf us! Here some solutions to screw up our advantage"
      or
      actually Solventh was talking about my post and it doesnt have anything to do with both things you mentioned. LTR
    • Silks wrote:

ZaZii wrote:

solventh wrote:

Pretty much all last posts/threads were along the lines of:"We're too strong, nerf us! Here some solutions to screw up our advantage"or
      actually Solventh was talking about my post and it doesnt have anything to do with both things you mentioned. LTR
      I know.

And I told him why his guess (that's all it is) and therefore your statement is wrong.
      Even though pretty much any big guild has access to RT, there are no posts/suggestions which would strengthen their position. (At least not directly and without even bigger drawbacks)
      On contrary, some of those leaders aren't happy about what they see as "strong guilds get only stronger", and suggest things which would cripple their power.

Edit:
      throwing around LTR doesn't make you look smarter.
      More like douche who rather thinks everyone around him is an idiot before second-guessing himself.
      Seriously, did you for even a second try to understand why I wrote what I wrote?
      Or was your ego just that big that you wanted to slap a LTR into my face for no reason but to feel superior?

The post was edited 3 times, last by ZaZii ().

• ZaZii wrote:

solventh wrote:

Pretty much all last posts/threads (On the RT!) were along the lines of:"We're too strong, nerf us! Here some solutions to screw up our advantage"
      or

edit:
      seems like I need to specify that I'm talking about the RT
      u r forgetting something. the care bears might be their own people and to be able to get more gathering power they might be talking like this.. lots of possibilities in it.

i think this system is totally wrong..

u create ur habitat, ur hardcore world and u should let it clear its weakest ones. this game is not for no grinder 15 year olds.

u might wanna lure that huge slice of the pie to this game but most of them will never stay. usually most of them ll only jump from one game to the other cos they dont know what they are experiencing in consciousness. if something is boring and repetitive they ll leave it on the 3rd day etc.

oh i forgot something. u summarized most posts. and look what the devs did? they added tomes which are gonna make those people MORE STRONG.

The post was edited 1 time, last by solventh ().

• Evoque wrote:

• provide consistently constructive feedback and clear suggestions in our public forum or
      • be the guild leader of a successful guild, or a member designated by that leader scoring a Crystal, Gold or Silver rank at the end of a GvG season
      • otherwise be a notable figure within the community for your accomplishments in a specific area of the game, if this is not already filled at our discretion
      The roundtable really is an excellent concept in my mind. Always has been. SBI should have a solid sounding board from the community. The forums are littered with crap nuggets, hidden gems, idiots, awesomeness, and is basically a cacophony.

Composition of such a board is the sticking point however. The requirements listed above are really very abstract with the exception of the whole big-alliance-powerhouses-that-rule-the-only-usable-chunk-of-the-game part.

Would it not be much more useful if there were defined player archtypes as positions that you must fill? It really sounds like the perspective of the RT might be narrow.

Ie:
      1) winning power guild rep
      2) small guild rep
      3) casual (low game session time oriented)
      4) solo non combat oriented
      5) solo combat oriented
      6) economically oriented player
      7) etc
      8) just examples here
    • ZaZii wrote:

throwing around LTR doesn't make you look smarter.
      More like douche who rather thinks everyone around him is an idiot before second-guessing himself.
      Seriously, did you for even a second try to understand why I wrote what I wrote?
      Or was your ego just that big that you wanted to slap a LTR into my face for no reason but to feel superior?

what makes you think a person who says LTR is superior then the person who needs to learn?
      learning is an exchange process buddy, i feel bad that you could ever think otherwise.
      dont get so salty bro, this is just the internet.

btw if it doesnt happen right now, it doesnt mean that the chances of it happening in any time arent big.
      and if it happens only once, then the game is ruined.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Silks ().