Make Solo dungeons Solo

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dc1a0 wrote:

GrieferXd wrote:

as in 1/1 entrance of portal and no one else is able to enter, not even friends.

The Boss will drop an item similar to Dark Souls red eye orb than allows you to 2/1 the sRD and gank 1v1. Whoever is inside cannot leave until the invader dies or leaves. The item is consumed in the process.
      Solo instances that no one else can enter already exist, they're called expeditions.
      I'm saying that you can only gank them with an item received off of last boss in sRD, akin to "Red eye orb" from dark souls, an item you keep in your inventory that bypasses the 1/1 dungeon entrance allowing 1 enemy to attack you at any time and preventing you from leaving.
    • GrieferXd wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

GrieferXd wrote:

as in 1/1 entrance of portal and no one else is able to enter, not even friends.

The Boss will drop an item similar to Dark Souls red eye orb than allows you to 2/1 the sRD and gank 1v1. Whoever is inside cannot leave until the invader dies or leaves. The item is consumed in the process.
      Solo instances that no one else can enter already exist, they're called expeditions.
      I'm saying that you can only gank them with an item received off of last boss in sRD, akin to "Red eye orb" from dark souls, an item you keep in your inventory that bypasses the 1/1 dungeon entrance allowing 1 enemy to attack you at any time and preventing you from leaving.
      That's not in line with most of the theme of AO though. The only things I would back are an eliminate to advance mechanic and the blocking of parties which would effectively give a nice new shiny battle royal mode of play. That said, I would suggest that an advance mechanic only be added if parties were blocked. Otherwise, the advance mechanic would be even more abused than the current abuse of the bubble timing in SRDs
    • GrieferXd wrote:

They are already Solo. They are balanced around solo ganeplay.

Its better to keep them simple as they are right now. Theres barely any gankers doing dives anyway to why you even suggesting this? And so far, scince update released, have yet to be ganked by more than one player.Bad suggestion.
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Can be done much much easier..

If 2 people are within 20 meters in an SRD these blob

All are happy, 3 man groups can farm
      2 Man groups can farm ..both are visible on map

1 on 1 can sneak up

Or - put the blobing on 3? Or do it tear wise?

T4-7 blob on 2 T8 blob on 3

Easy
      I like this idea alot, I just wonder how this new blob mechanic could be explained to and be easily known by existing or new players.