I'm sorry, but target lock abilities doesn't belong in a game like this one

    • I'm sorry, but target lock abilities doesn't belong in a game like this one

      If you played games with similar playstyle (Diablo, POE and others ARPG) you could say that Albion doesn't belong in any of those but instead to RPG category only. The fact that some skills forces the player to position their mouse to a direction to shoot it, while others (many of them) just need you to have the target locked/selected and press the button gives crazy advantage to the latter.

      Being able to move freely without any concern of positioning your mouse to land a hit vs having to move/kite using your mouse AND using it to position/aim to be able to throw a spell/skill and also having a big chance to miss it due to spell traveling time can be really frustating in pvp.

      Bows for example, all it skills besides poison arrow requires you to aim your skill to land a hit, and the skill also have a travelling path or delay to land which can be avoided. Bows was meant to give you the kite advatange, but here it doesn't work like that. You may kite your enemy, but you also need to position your mouse to your target to shoot your skill and go back to kite with your mouse, every. single. time. it a non stop of using mouse to shoot and to walk (which is fine for a ARPG IF EVERYONE HAD TO DO THE SAME)

      But Daggers for example, can just select their target, and press Q, W and E to land their hit and also to walk to their target. They don't have to use their mouse to walk at all once they press the skill button, because the skill will also make your char move to the target. This gives a unfair advantage to those who needs to use their mouse to both walk AND throw spells/skills because it a non stop clicking fest (just like any ARPG is) There is a reason why ARPGs combat is a endless action of mouse moves and keyboard press, because you actually have to move to your target and preview their position to land a hit otherwise you would miss it hence the name ACTION ROLE PLAYING GAME.

      Why did the devs thought it was a good idea to give certain weapons/skills the need to press the skill button on a locked target, while others weapons you have to use your mouse to both walk and aim a hit? (i.e using the actual ARPGs mechanics)

      Albion the way it is with this target lock skills are no different than any other mmorpg out there, but worse, because mmorpgs with the famous target tab mechanics have the miss/block mechanic where a rng value is thrown everytime you hit a target and then see if you did hit it or not. Here people can just press buttons to keep attacking you and making their char move to you all this while having their hits always landing cuz there is no miss/block passive mechanic in this game.

      Staffs for example is even more hilarious, because a mage can just select their target and keep pressing fireballs, doesn't matter if you move around, the spell will FOLLOW YOU! ... Come on guys, you guys mixed normal mmorpg mechanics with ARPG mechanics, thats why this game is so unbalanced. If people had to aim all their skills, the skill needed to kill someone in pvp would actually matter, dodging skills and aiming them with your mouse is how a ARPG works, not tab targeting crap.

      Imagine playing a game where your enemy has aimbot, and you not, this is basically Albion weapons/skills in a nutshell.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Gatuno ().

    • usually the skillshots have a shorter standtime if any at all (can be cast on the move) where most other skills have channels which can be interrupted and requiire you to stand still or be very close to the target.
      Dismissed.

      And yes, bows suck unless you're very good with it. They're very situational too. If you think staffs or daggers are better why don't you play those?

      If you would have played this to any extend you'd know the weapon balance is pretty good in this game. There is probably just a few details about the mechanics you didn't notice.
      Just play the weapon you think is the strongest and go into PvP with it and get countered ....
      Head of the 'Traders and merchants guild'

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Rixlette ().

    • Rixlette wrote:

      usually the skillshots have a shorter standtime if any at all (can be cast on the move) where most other skills have channels which can be interrupted and requiire you to stand still or be very close to the target.
      Dismissed.

      And yes, bows suck unless you're very good with it. They're very situational too. If you think staffs or daggers are better why don't you play those?

      If you would have played this to any extend you'd know the weapon balance is pretty good in this game. There is probably just a few details about the mechanics you didn't notice.
      Just play the weapon you think is the strongest and go into PvP with it and get countered ....

      If weapons were balanced, people wouldn't complain about weapon balance all the time, and also more weapons would be used which isn't the case. There are too many FOTM weapons that people will only pick for a reason.

      And the way you told me to "if you think staffs or daggers are better why don't you play those?" just gives me more credit and proves my points. I don't want to play a weapon because they are better than other (and they aren't better, they are just brainless to use) but It sucks to feel cheated because the devs decided to do nosense with their own game mechanic.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Gatuno ().

    • Zbrkesbris wrote:

      Gatuno wrote:

      If you played games with similar playstyle (Diablo, POE and others ARPG) you could say that Albion doesn't belong in any of those but instead to RPG category only.
      You chose wrong category of games to compare to Albion. Albion is more of a MOBA in a sandbox environment than ARPG.

      MOBAS just like ARPGs doesn't have target select, all skills are skills shots. Albion is trying to mix two completly different mechanics into the game and thus giving too many advantage to one and less to the other. Again Aimbot skills vs no Aimbot.
    • Gatuno wrote:

      Zbrkesbris wrote:

      Gatuno wrote:

      If you played games with similar playstyle (Diablo, POE and others ARPG) you could say that Albion doesn't belong in any of those but instead to RPG category only.
      You chose wrong category of games to compare to Albion. Albion is more of a MOBA in a sandbox environment than ARPG.
      MOBAS just like ARPGs doesn't have target select, all skills are skills shots. Albion is trying to mix two completly different mechanics into the game and thus giving too many advantage to one and less to the other. Again Aimbot skills vs no Aimbot.
      You really wanna go with this, or should we give you some time to edit the post?
    • MEATCUP wrote:

      Gatuno wrote:

      Zbrkesbris wrote:

      Gatuno wrote:

      If you played games with similar playstyle (Diablo, POE and others ARPG) you could say that Albion doesn't belong in any of those but instead to RPG category only.
      You chose wrong category of games to compare to Albion. Albion is more of a MOBA in a sandbox environment than ARPG.
      MOBAS just like ARPGs doesn't have target select, all skills are skills shots. Albion is trying to mix two completly different mechanics into the game and thus giving too many advantage to one and less to the other. Again Aimbot skills vs no Aimbot.
      You really wanna go with this, or should we give you some time to edit the post?

      Maybe you should just stop replying if you don't have any good point, how about that? Cuz you are clearly clueless in the subject.
    • MEATCUP wrote:

      Not to mention you can change your mouse setting allowing a back kite while aiming Ray of Light.

      You’re also confusing specialization with balance.

      Good luck out there
      Yes, I know that, so what? I don't even know why you bring this up lol, it doesn't help you in anyway in this discussion to prove your point. Bow still needs more clicks and more "complex" play than weapons that are just target lock.
    • MEATCUP wrote:

      You’re right all spells should be target based, forcing the meta into mobility and melee.

      Moron.

      Just look how childish you are lmao.

      Yes all skills should be either target locked or skill shots. trying to add BOTH into this game doesn't make sense because of how big is the advantage to someone who can press 1 button and hit their target against one person who have to aim to shoot and hoping their target doesn't move making them miss their shot.

      Again, Aimbot vs no Aimbot.
    • You haven't addressed the first point, which was insinuated via

      "MOBAS just like ARPGs doesn't have target select, all skills are skills shots."


      We both know this isn't true, so any comparison afterwards has no hill to stand on.

      You are free to dislike how it works, but making false statements doesn't help.

      Gatuno wrote:

      it doesn't help you in anyway in this discussion to prove your point.
    • MEATCUP wrote:

      You haven't addressed the first point, which was insinuated via

      "MOBAS just like ARPGs doesn't have target select, all skills are skills shots."


      We both know this isn't true, so any comparison afterwards has no hill to stand on.

      You are free to dislike how it works, but making false statements doesn't help.

      Gatuno wrote:

      it doesn't help you in anyway in this discussion to prove your point.

      Lmao, it is true. What ARPG have you played in your life or MOBA? come on, tell me, I want to know.

      They don't have target lock skills because it make too ez to hit the opponent, and MOBAS are similar to ARPGs in terms of gameplay mechanic. The difference between a MOBA and an ARPG is that one is just a group of players inside a pvp arena to destroy their opponent's base, and the other is a role playing game, but both make use of Action clicking to attack and escape with no cheese skills to do free damage without the need of self positioning and guessing where your opponent will be.
    • MEATCUP wrote:

      Gatuno wrote:

      Lmao, it is true. What ARPG have you played in your life or MOBA? come on, tell me, I want to know.
      Sure.
      D1, D2, and D3
      PoE
      League
      Dota (WC3)
      Dota2 - not as much as the others

      You're CONFIDENT none of those games have at least ONE target based, click to target, spell?

      Oh man.

      Ok lets go

      D3 doesn't have target locked skills played till high paragon already.

      POE? lmao I have many level 80 + characters on high tier maps, NO TARGET LOCKED SKILLS HERE BABY.

      Dota also doesn't have target locked.

      Yes i'm pretty confident. all the skills require you to either aim your shot and guess where your opponent will be or to be close enough for the skill animation to hit.

      in Albion, even tho you moved away from the mob or player's attack animation, the server already register it as a "hit landed" which mess up with the whole scheme of an action click based game, because you can't avoid not even normal hits here, and there is no miss/block mechanic. So you either have a way to heal yourself (forcing you to play certain items) or you will have no sustain, even if you are some high APM asian.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Gatuno ().

    • owensssss wrote:

      OP can’t grasp the mobility difference between instant cast and stand and cast. I wish you good luck in your future attempts at learning.

      Imagine not understanding positioning and it’s effect in a top down game. Then try and sympathize with OP.
      Imagine not knowing the difference between being able to hit with 100% accurace and being able to dodge most of your opponent's attack vs not knowing if you will land one of your skills at all.

      I wish you good luck in anything in your life too mate. You will sure need it.
    • Gatuno wrote:

      Yes i'm pretty confident. all the skills require you to either aim your shot and guess where your opponent will be or to be close enough for the skill animation to hit.
      Viegar's ballbuster is a set it and forget it.

      A for effort.



      Gatuno wrote:

      D3 doesn't have target locked skills played till high paragon already.
      It doesn't have target locked spells, until it does?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by MEATCUP ().