Random solo dungeons issues.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Random solo dungeons issues.

Hi. I like the new solo dungeons idea but there are a pair of things that should be fixed since its being annoying and fustrating.

1. What i have noticed is that about 75% of them are already empty when i have gotten in and you need to look and try 4 or 5 to finally find one ready to be played.
      2. When you have finally found a playable dungeon for you, you see another player running by your side, skipping the mobs and going straight for the chests. Here the problem is not the straight run but the fact that it supposes to be a solo dungeon.

I think both this issues could be fixed if the entrance disappears as soon as a player gets in the dungeon and appears again after that player leaves. I guess developers would add some time for the dungeon to appear again if it was looted so a single player cant just stay and play the same dungeon over and over again.
    • 1: Use maps
      2: if you're annoyed by other players kill them or run expeditions in town at the expedition portal.

Personally i like the PvP plays the solo dungeons open up. Had a lot of fun in there.
      Protip: skipping the mobs and farming from the backend to the front is the way to go. Don't farm from front to back.
      Head of the 'Traders and merchants guild'
    • Guilefulwolf wrote:

Rixlette wrote:

1: Use maps
      2: if you're annoyed by other players kill them or run expeditions in town at the expedition portal.

Personally i like the PvP plays the solo dungeons open up. Had a lot of fun in there.
      Protip: skipping the mobs and farming from the backend to the front is the way to go. Don't farm from front to back.
      I used a map today and a player got in it too.
      Lol, yeah that sucks. I bet it was a t7/t8 map. T7 and t8 is so crowded right now. There is people everywhere looking for entrances. T6 zones are more relaxed. I'd recommend running t6 maps for you if you want to deal with less other players. t7 zone is madness right now. Some like it others don't.

Running single target weapons and a good PvP build helps. Maybe you can't fame up your aoe weapons in there but we can't have it all can we? For leveling aoe it's better to run group dungeons. In Solodungeons singletarget is better. There is always PvP risk and that is rather fun if you win a fight here and there too.
      So like i said: if you want to run high tiers you have to be prepared for PvP. Low tier is less risk.

It's open world and you kinda want to be able to defend your dungeon, right? Sometimes you have to fight for it. Maybe go out and try stealing a dungeon from someone else for a change?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rixlette ().

• Rixlette wrote:

Guilefulwolf wrote:

Rixlette wrote:

1: Use maps

I used a map today and a player got in it too.
      Lol, yeah that sucks. I bet it was a t7/t8 map. T7 and t8 is so crowded right now. There is people everywhere looking for entrances. T6 zones are more relaxed. I'd recommend running t6 maps for you if you want to deal with less other players. t7 zone is madness right now. Some like it others don't.
      Running single target weapons and a good PvP build helps. Maybe you can't fame up your aoe weapons in there but we can't have it all can we? For leveling aoe it's better to run group dungeons. In Solodungeons singletarget is better. There is always PvP risk and that is rather fun if you win a fight here and there too.
      So like i said: if you want to run high tiers you have to be prepared for PvP. Low tier is less risk.

It's open world and you kinda want to be able to defend your dungeon, right? Sometimes you have to fight for it. Maybe go out and try stealing a dungeon from someone else for a change?
      Actually it was in a yellow T5 zone so it wasnt a big deal but it really is annoying specially at "safe zones" because if u look for a solo dungen its for the fun only and u find most of them already empty or someone else gets in with u and it becomes a race straight for the chests.
    • Yeah, as always: kill the other players first. Yellow zone is good training. If someone runs past you in a yellow zone you better have a good skip build to follow him and then have a fight at the boss over who gets it. It's maybe even better to run for the end boss yourself and begin the dungeon from the back and clear to the front.
    • I've experienced a problem related to people skipping to the end for boss and chest. I went into the black zones before downtime and found tons of solo dungeons - just everywhere - but all but one I did had been bossed/chested. Do the dungeons not re-spawn unless fully cleared? So as the day goes by the zones get full up of solo dungeons that don't re-spawn.

At least that is what I think I saw. Went out after downtime and there were very few solo dungeons and obviously all the bosses were still there. If this is correct then solo dungeons degenerate in quality over the course of the day.

It is a balance issue. If the proportion of loot and fame in the bosses/chests is too high people will skip where as if the mobs have enough loot and fame people will kill them. Right now most people seem to be skipping but that may change as we get a better idea of what the best start is and the dev's tweak the rewards.
    • Taniwhaa wrote:

I've experienced a problem related to people skipping to the end for boss and chest.
      When i started a skip run guide for group i really never wanted to see anything like that for solo... I went to dungeon to help someone out incase they get ganked.. couple of time seem fine. we got ganked he died, but then we notice a red person passing us by... we finish the mob and look forward and found out couldren is gone... i pray that it wasn't speed. which usually is... yep it was speed. he grab chest and left... this is happening alot and sorry i dont blame them.. it's really good money to just run at the end. but my friend is doing it for fame so we just go in and do our thing...

Hopefully they will do something about it. but for now. why not get some cash meh
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
    • What i think can be done is a popup that everyone who is in the dungeon gets on their screen saying "the final boss had been defeated" once the boss is dead so people further behind know there is no more chest and they can skip dungeon too. I think that should help everyone who doesn't want to skip and prevents the disappointements at the end of it when there is no more boss.
    • Guilefulwolf wrote:

Hi. I like the new solo dungeons idea but there are a pair of things that should be fixed since its being annoying and fustrating.

1. What i have noticed is that about 75% of them are already empty when i have gotten in and you need to look and try 4 or 5 to finally find one ready to be played.
      2. When you have finally found a playable dungeon for you, you see another player running by your side, skipping the mobs and going straight for the chests. Here the problem is not the straight run but the fact that it supposes to be a solo dungeon.

I think both this issues could be fixed if the entrance disappears as soon as a player gets in the dungeon and appears again after that player leaves. I guess developers would add some time for the dungeon to appear again if it was looted so a single player cant just stay and play the same dungeon over and over again.
      These dungeons should always allow other people to enter. They are open world dungeons after all.

However, I agree with the chest problem.

They could decrease the tier or amount of loot chests give if most of the regular mobs are not killed.