Expeditions - Waste of time.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Expeditions - Waste of time.

New

Group expeditions even at the highest tier are barely worth the time.
      They would be tolerable, if not for the random party members you get. Most of the time they are complete morons, lacking basic reasoning.

Rant about this specific incident (there are countless of varying severity):
      First, I que as a tank because it's way faster, dps sometimes needs to wait 5-10min.
      I get in a party where one of the "DPS" is carrying an incubus mace and shield offhand, leather armor.
      When I point out that he is not carrying appropriate gear for his role (Which is reportable but doesn't do anything at all), he is "surprised".
      I started a vote kick to get a decent DPS, so we dont have to clear that shit for 10min longer than we need to. I get kicked with a reason "stfu".

SUPERB EXPERIENCE AFTER NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY DUE TO RECENT GAME ISSUES.
    • New

Just a side note. If that dps had worn cloth it would actually be a decent (but completely off meta) dps build viable for expeditions/aoe farming if your tank doesnt run an incubus. Or if he had the royal jacket and played as a buff/debuff support.
      The rewards for them are bad because there is no risk involved. You queue up in safety, you port to a place where you cant get killed and then you port back to safety. Albion is balanced around high risk= high reward.

If you have some friends and want to do more challenging and more rewarding expeditions - there are the hardcore expeditions. The rewards are worse than an RD in a red/black zone though. Im not sure if there are still random groups doing them.
    • New

Absolutely agree. I would like to add few more things to this rant.
      Expeditions should definately be more challenging with better reward system. In Albion there is a bunch of PvE players that seek quite safe way of playing the game, especially at begining of the game. There is no point to go for any dungeons on red/black zones as you don't have any chance in case of PvP contact. Right now any beginners group can be easily wiped out by more experienced players and it happens nearly every time. At the moment we have huge group of high leveled players that turns every newbie life into misery. Give us an option to level up gear in safe way. We all know that once you lvl up your character everyone will seek some PvP activities any way. Your current PvP system is brilliant but now with so many high lvled players is extremely hard for newbies to enjoy the game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mee-How ().

• New

Party4ever wrote:

Group expeditions even at the highest tier are barely worth the time.
      They would be tolerable, if not for the random party members you get. Most of the time they are complete morons, lacking basic reasoning.

Rant about this specific incident (there are countless of varying severity):
      First, I que as a tank because it's way faster, dps sometimes needs to wait 5-10min.
      I get in a party where one of the "DPS" is carrying an incubus mace and shield offhand, leather armor.
      When I point out that he is not carrying appropriate gear for his role (Which is reportable but doesn't do anything at all), he is "surprised".
      I started a vote kick to get a decent DPS, so we dont have to clear that shit for 10min longer than we need to. I get kicked with a reason "stfu".

SUPERB EXPERIENCE AFTER NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY DUE TO RECENT GAME ISSUES.
      Highest tier. you said expedition not HCE... are you really talking about expedition or hardcoreexpedition [HCE]

by the any chance that you are talking about a expedition, even a dps can be heal. infact one of the top world tank for mastersword expedition can tank it with no problem.imgur.com/a/o0yKRnh...

btw that is sarcasm. that was a troll that made me laugh when i was a druid healer in expedition which were very much hated overall [obsolete and mostly only holy can go with HCE].....

in the off chance that you are talking about HCE which i hardly see in pug in even in group [ i hear some exception player with 8.3 who never want to leave still does them].. those expedition high tier is for 13-15maps....[the one you might talk about is maybe mastersword aka t6 expedition which is worth jack shit ill explain in a minute]...

first the 13-15 have player BOASTING [no spread sheet or anything] that the fame per hour is actually 800k...... [no evidence so take it with a grain of salt] if this info is correct. the random dungeon t5 4man[not 100% optimize] can do 1.2mil. per hour......

if you by anychance are doing expedition t6 in town. leave it.. we do those for the daily sigil to sell it for profit [not high profit unless you crafting the royal chest]..... that place was dead the day random dungeon came out [march 20]. which the town of carleon was empty around the blue portal [april 10 got player into that expedition cause they had trouble finding group for random dungeon and player are force to play with each other in expedition but the fame in there so suck much. that im not sure if im exaggerating but what ever you do in there in 5month maybe i can do it in 2-3week in random.....

the fame for random dungeon was so much player wanted it nerfed.. it beat HCE.........

so in the off chance that you are doing expedition t6 city blue portal.. stop.....and move into random dungeon

in the off chance that yo uare talking about HCE then look at what the player boasted if his information are correct.....and continue the safe journey
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs