Stream Sniping

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Stream Sniping

      It would be really awesome if I could feel like SBI gave a shit about their content creators regarding Stream Sniping.

      It happens in Albion, incessantly. Many creators quit over it. I'm used to it so this isn't about me, I probably just get sniped more than most because people want to get a reaction out of me.

      Stream sniping is BANNABLE via Twitch Terms of Service. Although, ridiculously hard to enforce. If SBI could even just make a statement saying we will not tolerate stream sniping of our creators, maybe these mouth breathers would be given pause before they 10v1 people in "Solo" dungeons.
      BoM, In our hearts and minds.
      Twitch
      Youtube
    • You aren't wrong. But, it certainly doesn't help that you feel a need to call out guilds, alliances and individual players on a constant basis. I suspect that streamers that don't go around calling everyone pussies, cucks and losers, don't have nearly the same amount of problems. Talking mad shit is good for your viewer count and there is a price to pay for that sometimes.

      SBI certainly doesn't want to go into the detective business though. I'd also rather not have their employees spending their time responding to dozens of cries about stream sniping, where the circumstances are generally not even close to clear cut. Someone showing up 10 times in a row to mess with you is one thing, but you are still going to have people showing up once or twice a day to do it, and unless they make it abundantly clear that its what they are doing, I don't think SBI should be taking action.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Abydon wrote:

      Run your stream on a 3min delay. Run overlays.
      If you're streaming with a delay, you're not streaming, you might as well make a youtube video. I run overlays, it's not difficult if you play the game to know where someone is.

      Piddle wrote:

      You aren't wrong. But, it certainly doesn't help that you feel a need to call out guilds, alliances and individual players on a constant basis. I suspect that streamers that don't go around calling everyone pussies, cucks and losers, don't have nearly the same amount of problems. Talking mad shit is good for your viewer count and there is a price to pay for that sometimes.

      SBI certainly doesn't want to go into the detective business though. I'd also rather not have their employees spending their time responding to dozens of cries about stream sniping, where the circumstances are generally not even close to clear cut. Someone showing up 10 times in a row to mess with you is one thing, but you are still going to have people showing up once or twice a day to do it, and unless they make it abundantly clear that its what they are doing, I don't think SBI should be taking action.
      Sure, I would suspect my persona attracts or invites such actions. But to be clear, I am not asking SBI to do detective work. I have had multiple people PM me saying they're sniping me, show up on stream, saying racists shit etc. There is no detective work, search the chat logs, see the stream clip, easy. (it's not always outlined like that but you get my point) In reality, I just want them to say they're not OK with it.
      BoM, In our hearts and minds.
      Twitch
      Youtube
    • Abydon wrote:

      JonahVeil wrote:

      If you're streaming with a delay, you're not streaming, you might as well make a youtube video. I run overlays, it's not difficult if you play the game to know where someone is.
      So what your saying is you shot yourself in the foot and you want SBI to pay the medical bill.
      Okay man.
      He isn't asking for a lot. Steam snipers are garbage people. You aren't allowed to use alts to scout. You shouldn't be able to use someones stream to scout.

      Delays on streams are complete shit. You lose too much chat interaction and that is what drives viewership. Besides that they aren't that effective in AO.

      Overlays don't do much of anything against the majority of AO players either. It isn't super difficult to figure out where people are if you are LOOKING AT THEIR SCREEN.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • New

      Piddle wrote:

      Abydon wrote:

      JonahVeil wrote:

      If you're streaming with a delay, you're not streaming, you might as well make a youtube video. I run overlays, it's not difficult if you play the game to know where someone is.
      So what your saying is you shot yourself in the foot and you want SBI to pay the medical bill.Okay man.
      He isn't asking for a lot. Steam snipers are garbage people. You aren't allowed to use alts to scout. You shouldn't be able to use someones stream to scout.
      Delays on streams are complete shit. You lose too much chat interaction and that is what drives viewership. Besides that they aren't that effective in AO.

      Overlays don't do much of anything against the majority of AO players either. It isn't super difficult to figure out where people are if you are LOOKING AT THEIR SCREEN.
      You lose too much chat interaction with a stream delay? Why do all major streamers retain their viewerbase then? A stream delay of 20s or so doesn't harm your chat and is prolly all you need to survive. No stream delay = no excuse for getting stream sniped
    • New

      QuickSwipe wrote:

      Stream sniping, really? So you think that streaming this shit game is so important that they should place streamers in a class of their own and make it punishable to target them? Yeah go fuck yourself and I hope you get herpes from gamer girl bathwater.
      You act like streamers aren't treated differently in all games. We all know they all are. If you watch a shit game like apex, and there's a hacker guess whose instantly banned? Is it the kid in silver hacking or the dude on shrouds stream?
    • New

      Avialila wrote:

      Piddle wrote:

      Abydon wrote:

      JonahVeil wrote:

      If you're streaming with a delay, you're not streaming, you might as well make a youtube video. I run overlays, it's not difficult if you play the game to know where someone is.
      So what your saying is you shot yourself in the foot and you want SBI to pay the medical bill.Okay man.
      He isn't asking for a lot. Steam snipers are garbage people. You aren't allowed to use alts to scout. You shouldn't be able to use someones stream to scout.Delays on streams are complete shit. You lose too much chat interaction and that is what drives viewership. Besides that they aren't that effective in AO.

      Overlays don't do much of anything against the majority of AO players either. It isn't super difficult to figure out where people are if you are LOOKING AT THEIR SCREEN.
      You lose too much chat interaction with a stream delay? Why do all major streamers retain their viewerbase then? A stream delay of 20s or so doesn't harm your chat and is prolly all you need to survive. No stream delay = no excuse for getting stream sniped
      Just going to say you don't really understand what it means to be a streamer my dude.
      BoM, In our hearts and minds.
      Twitch
      Youtube
    • New

      You can't avoid streamsnipe if you play albion: there is always a way for people to know where you are unless you:
      • hide completely the screen & IG sounds while moving between dungeons
      • hide the tier of mobs, your active buffs & selected target buffs
      • ...
      Basically hiding most of the content.

      It's also not possible to ban streamsnipers since it's not possible to tell if they came here for you or just "randomly". Even if it's "obvious" it can still be a coincidence & you cannot ban people without explicit proof (or atleast shouldn't).

      So basically when you stream albion you always take this risk to get streamsniped.

      Now the only way to limit that is to avoid making too many enemies and that's pretty much it.

      There is nothing SBI can do to avoid that, it's only up to you to take the necessary precautions to limit it to the maximum.
    • New

      Avialila wrote:

      Piddle wrote:

      Abydon wrote:

      JonahVeil wrote:

      If you're streaming with a delay, you're not streaming, you might as well make a youtube video. I run overlays, it's not difficult if you play the game to know where someone is.
      So what your saying is you shot yourself in the foot and you want SBI to pay the medical bill.Okay man.
      He isn't asking for a lot. Steam snipers are garbage people. You aren't allowed to use alts to scout. You shouldn't be able to use someones stream to scout.Delays on streams are complete shit. You lose too much chat interaction and that is what drives viewership. Besides that they aren't that effective in AO.

      Overlays don't do much of anything against the majority of AO players either. It isn't super difficult to figure out where people are if you are LOOKING AT THEIR SCREEN.
      You lose too much chat interaction with a stream delay? Why do all major streamers retain their viewerbase then? A stream delay of 20s or so doesn't harm your chat and is prolly all you need to survive. No stream delay = no excuse for getting stream sniped
      Yes 20s delay is gonna save you from not getting sniped, get out of here with your garbage

      Edit: Stream delay, get a clue before you make your 2 neurons vent

      The post was edited 3 times, last by DildoSwaggings ().

    • New

      So you want SBI to ban their players that create them money through premium and now Skins transactions, so that you dont die to gankers in a PVP game and get a few more viewers on your Twitch?

      Go take a walk mate and get some fresh air, too much sitting indoors doing Streams has messed with your mind and you not thinking straight

      SBI dont need your streams or anyones really, they already have their own channel which they use as that is the OFFICIAL one!!
      Any other streams by other players is Free marketing for them and they wont move a finger, If you go, someone else will take your place... and the cycle carries on...