Dramatic drop in active players?

• Finalhecate wrote:

Baelfyre wrote:

SHARKY wrote:

I spent a couple of hours today clearing SRDs in one of the busiest Yellow zones on the map. I found PLENTY - at least 50% that I entered were untouched, and not a single one I did was missing the chest.
      I don't typically do YZ SRD, but I was being lazy and just ran in one as I was crossing zones. Last chest dropped a 7.1 heavy royal chest piece. 1.8mill
      When you have sometinglike these please screen shot it as there needs to be proof to show player...
      imgur.com/MgTuq9u

imgur.com/9VDz4kZ

imgur.com/a/t0j5w8u

these were testing the waters around blue and black..and groupsolo vs solo...

there are much more pics in reddit to showing that black [probably cause of the 175% on the loot] being better... that YZ would of been and awsome pic.
      YZ sucks and is a waste of time imo other than fame. Sorry, didn't think to screen shot as I didn't feel necessary to prove anyone. It was pure random luck getting it and even after getting it, I wouldn't do a YZ SRD again just because 99% of the time its low end stuff
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

Ravenar wrote:

I have done maybe few dozen srd and have not seen an empty chest yet. Yea some completely empty dungeons. I am so glad not everyone is rushing the chests...

Just go off the beaten path.

Btw, I leave the first mob coins near the entrance to show the dung is busy ^^
      I simply check to see if the first mob is even there. If the chest runners would at least kill the very first mob(s - sometimes there's 2,) it would make everyone's life much easier. Not saying that they ever would, but it would be nice.

I try to do that, and leave the coins lying on the ground too as an obvious sign. :)
    • Roccandil wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

Ravenar wrote:

I have done maybe few dozen srd and have not seen an empty chest yet. Yea some completely empty dungeons. I am so glad not everyone is rushing the chests...

I simply check to see if the first mob is even there. If the chest runners would at least kill the very first mob(s - sometimes there's 2,) it would make everyone's life much easier. Not saying that they ever would, but it would be nice.
      I try to do that, and leave the coins lying on the ground too as an obvious sign. :)
      Unless your intention is to give divers a possible clue how long you've been there, I'd pick up the coins. If they try to pick it up. for up to a minute and a half since the silver dropped, it will tell them exactly how long you've been there. However, the first enemy being gone gives no clue as to time frame and only indicates that someone has been there.
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

Ravenar wrote:

Unless your intention is to give divers a possible clue how long you've been there, I'd pick up the coins. If they try to pick it up. for up to a minute and a half since the silver dropped, it will tell them exactly how long you've been there. However, the first enemy being gone gives no clue as to time frame and only indicates that someone has been there.
      Leave coin.... enemy picks it up... looks at the log for looting, [x picked up 230silver] ok x is coming to gank us lets get ready... that exactly what we did in random core runs [group version].... we leave sucky loot behind to tell who is coming.. .. this is what was shown back then and how we learn not to pick up the loot when diving in group... still funny to see it in solo.
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
    • Baelfyre wrote:

Finalhecate wrote:

Baelfyre wrote:

SHARKY wrote:

I spent a couple of hours today clearing SRDs in one of the busiest Yellow zones on the map. I found PLENTY - at least 50% that I entered were untouched, and not a single one I did was missing the chest.
      I don't typically do YZ SRD, but I was being lazy and just ran in one as I was crossing zones. Last chest dropped a 7.1 heavy royal chest piece. 1.8mill
      When you have sometinglike these please screen shot it as there needs to be proof to show player...imgur.com/MgTuq9u

imgur.com/9VDz4kZ

imgur.com/a/t0j5w8u

these were testing the waters around blue and black..and groupsolo vs solo...

there are much more pics in reddit to showing that black [probably cause of the 175% on the loot] being better... that YZ would of been and awsome pic.
      YZ sucks and is a waste of time imo other than fame. Sorry, didn't think to screen shot as I didn't feel necessary to prove anyone. It was pure random luck getting it and even after getting it, I wouldn't do a YZ SRD again just because 99% of the time its low end stuff
      it does suck and you probably right it may have been just a luck. but it still shows possibility... for example i had to check why the hell people go to hellgateblue in 6.3.... later to find out that in 10 run of pratice only tosee if me and someone else were compatible and to see if the build works, he earned 10 insight tome.....which is good data for newbies who never want to lose their gear [a way to get downed, with only worrying about fighting and having fun and a posibility to repair gear with insight tome.. not bad, fame sucks though beyond imagenable]...

anyway thanks for the info either way.
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
    • its going to keep getting lower and lower because this guys doesnt even tell us wtf is happening with their shitty servers. they told us they moved to new datacenter, and its even worse than before, i cant play for straight 5 minutes whitout being dcd. i pay with USA people and im from south america, when they disconnect i know im going to be dcs in the next minute. its like a fucking wave of disconections. i spent silver again to buy a premium i cant enjoy, so im out to.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Noctiz ().

• Noctiz wrote:

its going to keep getting lower and lower because this guys doesnt even tell us wtf is happening with their shitty servers. they told us they moved to new datacenter, and its even worse than before, i cant play for straight 5 minutes whitout being dcd. i pay with USA people and im from south america, when they disconnect i know im going to be dcs in the next minute. its like a fucking wave of disconections. i spent silver again to buy a premium i cant enjoy, so im out to.
      Servers are rock solid overall on my side of things. You can moan and groan, but not everyone's internet situation is the same. Bye.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • Korn wrote:

Finally, now that we have the F2P launch behind us, the next "distribution milestone" is going to be the mobile launch (rough guess Q1 or Q2 next year as the next two game updates take priority) which will almost certainly generate another massive traffic surge and which will - as always - be followed by another player drop, while the stable level reached after that will again be higher than what we had before.

This is huge. This is the first time (that I’m aware of) that a tentative date for the official mobile release (think iOS App Store) has slipped into a post!
    • Bigboyz wrote:

Korn wrote:

Finally, now that we have the F2P launch behind us, the next "distribution milestone" is going to be the mobile launch (rough guess Q1 or Q2 next year as the next two game updates take priority) which will almost certainly generate another massive traffic surge and which will - as always - be followed by another player drop, while the stable level reached after that will again be higher than what we had before.
      This is huge. This is the first time (that I’m aware of) that a tentative date for the official mobile release (think iOS App Store) has slipped into a post!
      This is gonna be good to watch. some player saying that th ebest thing in mobile you can do is farm in blue and yellow zone....

i know personally one person so far who was playing on the tablet.. he had balls because between loading screen it would literally take him 10-16second to load to the next map [one time it took 20] i stood back ot make sure he was ok while everyone else ran pass him.. still better than nothing since this game was made with unityengine and it's the reason why we have instances instead of true open world [no instances]...

can't wait to see the results on youtube
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
    • Bigboyz wrote:

Regardless, there will be at least a temporary surge in players. Which has certain economic implications that existing players can take advantage of if you catch my drift.
      The only thing im waiting for is for new mobile player to use silver for premium just to see how far did my prediction will go on the gold rising.. thank god they added something for gold to enter the market . still that what im waiting for if you catch my drift XD
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

Ravenar wrote:

I'm only doing that in YZ. If I were in RZ/BZ, definitely not. :)
    • The drop is understandable and was to be expected. Still the game has a large population and is quite enjoyable, no doubt. Also I feel like the game is going towards the right direction and is constantly going through a "refinement" process till they hit the android version, which may probably establish it as a powerhouse in the MMO industry.
    • Korn wrote:

Hey there,

we made a post about this subject at the peak of the F2P launch 3 months ago in our Reddit AMA. Here is the link.

And here is the post as a quote:
      Posted on Reddit 3 months ago
      We peaked at around 34k concurrent users today.
      While it could be - you never know - mathematically speaking we don't expect this to last. The reason is quite simple: when a game launches, you have two effects working together:
      1. Everyone who waited for the launch comes in at the same time.
      2. People who just joined often have 8+ hour long play sessions - sometimes much more than that.
      These effects ebb off, that's absolutely normal and expected. This "ebb off" effect can be very strong early on, and eventually it wears out completely.
      Once that happens, the new players coming in every day - and there is tons of them right now - will become higher than the number of existing players quitting / playing less per day and hence drive up total player count again.
      Some of you might remember are now somewhat infamous "saddle point" post that we created shortly after B2P release almost 2 years ago.
      What we think is most likely with F2P is that after the initial rush, player numbers will drop somewhat, eventually stabilize (the saddle point) and then start increasing again. The interesting question is how high that drop is going to be before we start to see an increase. Current numbers are so strong that even if we saw a 90% (!!!) drop we'd still be doing fine - and by all means, we don't think that's going to happen.
      We are close to certain that - no matter what - the "look, population is dropping / ded game" posts are going to start appearing over the coming weeks.
      Feel free to bookmark this post to show that we called it first :)
      In short, we did fully expect a player drop based on the factors above. Having said that, the DDOS and server issues have definitely done their damage, too. And - as always - there are tons of things in the game that needed to be improved and lots of great new features that should and will be added to the game.
      And yet, the F2P launch has gone so far above our expectations that current player numbers are much much higher than what we had expected. They are massively above the pre F2P levels and will remain so. For example, just looking at the Steam numbers (the vast majority of Albion players uses the native client and is not tracked on Steam) you can see that prior to the F2P launch, we had ~600 concurrent users at peak - and the game as doing fine with these numbers. Now, that number sits at 4,400, which is more than 7 times as much. Even if the player drop continues for a while, it won't be a problem at all - neither for the game world nor for us as a company.

This is the perfect baseline for us to continue to expand and improve the game. As stated many times, we are in it for the long term, our key goal is to make sure that the game does well even 5 or 10 years down the road. For this, we are currently expanding our team size, too.

I appreciate the response to my concern but I have since left Albion due to the ping issues from Australia. If the ping is better in London/Manchester UK when I return home in 6 months I may return but for now, 300 ping is not something I can happily sit with.
    • Samashaus wrote:

Korn wrote:

Hey there,

we made a post about this subject at the peak of the F2P launch 3 months ago in our Reddit AMA. Here is the link.

And here is the post as a quote:
      Posted on Reddit 3 months ago
      We peaked at around 34k concurrent users today.
      While it could be - you never know - mathematically speaking we don't expect this to last. The reason is quite simple: when a game launches, you have two effects working together:
      1. Everyone who waited for the launch comes in at the same time.
      2. People who just joined often have 8+ hour long play sessions - sometimes much more than that.
      These effects ebb off, that's absolutely normal and expected. This "ebb off" effect can be very strong early on, and eventually it wears out completely.
      Once that happens, the new players coming in every day - and there is tons of them right now - will become higher than the number of existing players quitting / playing less per day and hence drive up total player count again.
      Some of you might remember are now somewhat infamous "saddle point" post that we created shortly after B2P release almost 2 years ago.
      What we think is most likely with F2P is that after the initial rush, player numbers will drop somewhat, eventually stabilize (the saddle point) and then start increasing again. The interesting question is how high that drop is going to be before we start to see an increase. Current numbers are so strong that even if we saw a 90% (!!!) drop we'd still be doing fine - and by all means, we don't think that's going to happen.
      We are close to certain that - no matter what - the "look, population is dropping / ded game" posts are going to start appearing over the coming weeks.
      Feel free to bookmark this post to show that we called it first :)
      In short, we did fully expect a player drop based on the factors above. Having said that, the DDOS and server issues have definitely done their damage, too. And - as always - there are tons of things in the game that needed to be improved and lots of great new features that should and will be added to the game.And yet, the F2P launch has gone so far above our expectations that current player numbers are much much higher than what we had expected. They are massively above the pre F2P levels and will remain so. For example, just looking at the Steam numbers (the vast majority of Albion players uses the native client and is not tracked on Steam) you can see that prior to the F2P launch, we had ~600 concurrent users at peak - and the game as doing fine with these numbers. Now, that number sits at 4,400, which is more than 7 times as much. Even if the player drop continues for a while, it won't be a problem at all - neither for the game world nor for us as a company.

This is the perfect baseline for us to continue to expand and improve the game. As stated many times, we are in it for the long term, our key goal is to make sure that the game does well even 5 or 10 years down the road. For this, we are currently expanding our team size, too.

I appreciate the response to my concern but I have since left Albion due to the ping issues from Australia. If the ping is better in London/Manchester UK when I return home in 6 months I may return but for now, 300 ping is not something I can happily sit with.
      I play from NZ. My connection, just the standard option, is way better than yours and connections from NZ to US are worse than Aus to US. I think your internet service is letting you down. 300 ping in unplayable for an online game but your ping should not be 300 and I don't see how your ping is because of Albion's Servers.
    • Taniwhaa wrote:

I play from NZ. My connection, just the standard option, is way better than yours and connections from NZ to US are worse than Aus to US. I think your internet service is letting you down. 300 ping in unplayable for an online game but your ping should not be 300 and I don't see how your ping is because of Albion's Servers.
      How much it better could it be considering there physical limitations due to the distance in between AUS/NZ and US?
      Players in the region where servers are hosted are easily <50ms, then you get Western Europe with ~120ms and LatAm close to 200ms.

Not sure which latency you're currently playing but certainly should be over 200ms, which for a game like this limits your choices of weapons to only the ones that don't require fine targeting, i.e.: Greataxe
    • I did a little bit of reading on internet differences between NZ and Aus. In the old days all NZ internet went through Aus but it seems that things have changed and there are lots of articles saying NZ has better connectivity than Aus now. So I was wrong on that.

In game now my ping is around 220 and my latency is around 16.6m/s - goes back and forward from green to yellow.

Traditionally you can play competitively in most roles in most games from NZ as long as there are west coast US servers. Back in Guild Wars, which I played a lot, I couldn't play interrupts effectively but other than that the disadvantage wasn't big. We used to 1v1 to test our GvG skirmisher builds against each other on the GvG map and I could compete fairly with players from the US. FPS games are tough to play from NZ.

I'm still pretty new to Albion but it seems do-able. I've been thinking I should avoid builds reliant on tricky skill shots which leaves plenty of options. I'm am working on the Heron spear and that will be a good test of playing with 220 ping.