Dramatic drop in active players?

• Player112 wrote:

Samashaus wrote:

I've decided to leave the game too. 300 ping isnt going to get me any further and theres only so much stuff I can gather.the Solo Dungeon thing was a good idea until it became evident it's just another opportunity for one shot bullshit builds that come in and duo/trio gank you, that are copy pasted and used extensively.

The ping is crippling in PvP situations unless you're from NA - it's not fun and I sincerely doubt Albion will get another server location to help us out in the Oceanic region.

This game has become figuring out a cheese method for everything - it's not skill anymore. It's a dictatorship of Alliances and the best faceroll builds.

Sorry to sound so negative but I really wanted to stick with Alvion but its honestly just the same shit day in and day out - oh and did I mention the 300 ping from Australia? Yeah think I mentioned it a lot.

The elite will rule over this game but I dont mind anymore, theyll be playing with themselves sooner or later because people are not sticking around.
      You were ok only a couple of days ago. Why suddenly going bitter? Got ganked again just when you thought the BZ was empty?
      player112 - I wish I could block you from commenting on my posts because you truly are a scourge on this forum.

I wasnt pushed over the edge I havent been ganked in about 6 weeks however, I have realised that I'm getting nowhere and the ping is playing against me.

I'm just wasting time on Albion so I'm leaving the game.
    • Samashaus wrote:

Player112 wrote:

Samashaus wrote:

I've decided to leave the game too. 300 ping isnt going to get me any further and theres only so much stuff I can gather.the Solo Dungeon thing was a good idea until it became evident it's just another opportunity for one shot bullshit builds that come in and duo/trio gank you, that are copy pasted and used extensively.

The ping is crippling in PvP situations unless you're from NA - it's not fun and I sincerely doubt Albion will get another server location to help us out in the Oceanic region.

This game has become figuring out a cheese method for everything - it's not skill anymore. It's a dictatorship of Alliances and the best faceroll builds.

Sorry to sound so negative but I really wanted to stick with Alvion but its honestly just the same shit day in and day out - oh and did I mention the 300 ping from Australia? Yeah think I mentioned it a lot.

The elite will rule over this game but I dont mind anymore, theyll be playing with themselves sooner or later because people are not sticking around.
      You were ok only a couple of days ago. Why suddenly going bitter? Got ganked again just when you thought the BZ was empty?
      player112 - I wish I could block you from commenting on my posts because you truly are a scourge on this forum.
      I wasnt pushed over the edge I havent been ganked in about 6 weeks however, I have realised that I'm getting nowhere and the ping is playing against me.

post 36.. time for me to give you the same ^,^
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
    • Ketoholic wrote:

As a new player for a couple of weeks, I feel that the unforgiving nature of the game is making a lot of people quit.

The game revolves too much around group play, which is understandable as an MMO, but it should also allow you to be able to play solo when you want or cannot get into a group.
      And what I found out is that it is getting very frustrating to continue to play the game without a solid group of people who commit themselves to something and have a regular schedule for game activities, be it ganking, fame farming or just roaming around the map looking for "trouble".

My subscription runs out in a week and I am not planning to continue to play the game because getting a group going is so hard as people just tend to stick to themselves and are very rarely willing to group with newbies who are still learning the PVP skills and techniques used.

I can be of great use in PVE with healing, but at the moment my PVP is really lacking, that is not because I cant be bothered to learn, but because I have lost track of how many times I was overpowered by swarms of people when I tried to do some solo pvp with cheap gear so I can practice and learn from my mistakes.

Its sad because I quite like the game and in some respects it is very similar to my EvE online experience years ago, but it is just so hard to get people to play with me that it saps out all the fun and willingness to continue playing the game.

Samashaus wrote:

Funny and coincidence... it also happens that my subscription runs out two days ago

So far I haven't re-subscribe yet. I also don't think I would be subscribing again. I don't really like how the solo dungeons is implemented.

A lot of times, when I enter a solo dungeon, it is already cleared. It is so time wasting to keep entering the solo dungeons and finding them all cleared. The implementation is so bad. Why not just make the portal disappear if the dungeon has been cleared? It seems like the developers do not really care and give much thoughts on the features of the game

A lot of times, I also see people or groups of people in solo dungeons running past me and heading directly straight to the final boss and chest. This is so immersion breaking and it is like you are being forced to do what everyone is doing.

I would much rather prefer that if a person enters the solo dungeon, the portal will just close and disappear so that other people will not waste time entering into the same dungeon and find it empty. Or find it empty of final boss and chest.

It feels like: I come home from work, want to play some games to relax and have fun, but end up waste even more time and frustrating myself and in the end having no fun. All I want is to spend some good time 15 mins to half an hour doing some fun killing of monsters but I find that I can't even do it in this game without getting frustrations.

The post was edited 3 times, last by stkmro ().

• stkmro wrote:

Ketoholic wrote:

As a new player for a couple of weeks, I feel that the unforgiving nature of the game is making a lot of people quit.

The game revolves too much around group play, which is understandable as an MMO, but it should also allow you to be able to play solo when you want or cannot get into a group.
      And what I found out is that it is getting very frustrating to continue to play the game without a solid group of people who commit themselves to something and have a regular schedule for game activities, be it ganking, fame farming or just roaming around the map looking for "trouble".

My subscription runs out in a week and I am not planning to continue to play the game because getting a group going is so hard as people just tend to stick to themselves and are very rarely willing to group with newbies who are still learning the PVP skills and techniques used.

I can be of great use in PVE with healing, but at the moment my PVP is really lacking, that is not because I cant be bothered to learn, but because I have lost track of how many times I was overpowered by swarms of people when I tried to do some solo pvp with cheap gear so I can practice and learn from my mistakes.

Its sad because I quite like the game and in some respects it is very similar to my EvE online experience years ago, but it is just so hard to get people to play with me that it saps out all the fun and willingness to continue playing the game.

Samashaus wrote:

Funny and coincidence... it also happens that my subscription runs out two days ago

So far I haven't re-subscribe yet. I also don't think I would be subscribing again. I don't really like how the solo dungeons is implemented.

A lot of times, when I enter a solo dungeon, it is already cleared. It is so time wasting to keep entering the solo dungeons and finding them all cleared. The implementation is so bad. Why not just make the portal disappear if the dungeon has been cleared? It seems like the developers do not really care and give much thoughts on the features of the game

A lot of times, I also see people or groups of people in solo dungeons running past me and heading directly straight to the final boss and chest. This is so immersion breaking and it is like you are being forced to do what everyone is doing.

I would much rather prefer that if a person enters the solo dungeon, the portal will just close and disappear so that other people will not waste time entering into the same dungeon and find it empty. Or find it empty of final boss and chest.

It feels like: I come home from work, want to play some games to relax and have fun, but end up waste even more time and frustrating myself and in the end having no fun. All I want is to spend some good time 15 mins to half an hour doing some fun killing of monsters but I find that I can't even do it in this game without getting frustrations.

LEAVE THE ROYALS LEAVE THE ROYALS LEAVE THE ROYALS

Every complaint you have is solved by leaving the Royals and going to the black zone. Too many empty portals? You are in a zone that is over populated. Move.

These problems can by solved yourself if you just move to a real zone.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • Samashaus wrote:

Player112 wrote:

Samashaus wrote:

OK, good bye. WOW has missed you. We probably wont, even know your gone...
    • Samashaus wrote:

If you meditate, you could block out the world. It will also work after being ganked - it will make you realise it's really not so bad.

Where were you planning to get to before you realised you couldn't get there? Perhaps if you ask the forum for advise instead of getting bitter all by yourself, there could be a solution.

Lastly, don't mind Finalhecate. He was leaving 3 months ago, but he's still here. I doubt we will ever see the end of him.
    • Ravenar wrote:

I have done maybe few dozen srd and have not seen an empty chest yet. Yea some completely empty dungeons. I am so glad not everyone is rushing the chests...

Just go off the beaten path.

Btw, I leave the first mob coins near the entrance to show the dung is busy ^^
      I simply check to see if the first mob is even there. If the chest runners would at least kill the very first mob(s - sometimes there's 2,) it would make everyone's life much easier. Not saying that they ever would, but it would be nice.
    • Player112 wrote:

Taniwhaa wrote:

I play from Oceania, NZ, and my ping is good enough to play pvp. Gets rough in towns but out in area's where there is pvp ping is fine.

It is hard for me to understand the numbers the game gives me on ping - it usually says around 16/17ms but that doesn't make any sense. I dunno.

I see tons of people playing the game. Not as many in the BZ's as RZ's, More again in yellow and blue zones. I get there are less people than when the game went f2p but there are still heaps of people playing and gathering or fame farming in yellow zones is crowded unless you go out of the way. Solo dungeons I do in BZ's have generally had the boss's killed so plenty of people doing those.

I don't really get the people complaining about the DDOS and poor connection. I've played a lot of MMO's, particularly Eve, and I really don't know what you expect? In every game I have played a significant population cry like their world is ending over problems I find easy to work around. DDOS on server so go do something else. Latency issues - well that is sort of a thing on the internet and with big MMO's but it hasn't been that bad for me playing Albion . . . from New Zealand. At the end of the day when people are unhappy with a game the things they put up with before become unbearable and x% decide to start a campaign against the game they once loved. Been like this in every game and it is not going to change,
      Everyone starts off off like you thinking everything is rosy and cool. The OP did too. You will change your tune after a few ganks. The op was completely happy with 300 ping a few days ago, and going so far as to say he lived in the BZ. But he was probably then pushed over the edge by one gank too many. It will get to you when you lose all your prized items. It will get to you when you think you will be 10 million richer if you just gather one more node. Then, suddenly it goes up in smoke.
      Wow - that was patronising. I have been ganked many times already. If you think getting ganked will put me off you really don't have a clue. I love ganking. People doing it to me teaches me how to do it to people.

As for losing all my prized items - what? In this game items are commodities not prizes - you can turn them into silver and back. I have no prized items. When I go out into red or black zones I say goodbye to my gear as I head out - literally. I also have numerous sets of all my gear so that when i get ganked I can re-equip without a trip to the market.

Be ready for death! Plan to die! Live like there is no tomorrow!

The whole reason I'm playing this game is because I can get ganked and lose all my gear - it gives the game some meaning for me. I played Eve for years and getting ganked added to the experience for me.
    • I wouldn't play this game if I didnt get ganked - why would I get bitter? If you dont lose your gear it's not Albion so that point of me being sad about being ganked is moot.

I was hoping to step up to GvG and do something more than gather but the 300 ping is now starting to interfere with my ability to have a fair fight with anyone. So, as this isn't going to get better soon, I'm going.
    • You have bad ping could be to do with the specific route you take to reach the game server. If you change the route it may make a difference. For instance, ping from London is 100ms, if you are able to reach London with a 100ms ping, a detour via London would give you 200ms to the game server. This is just an example. Detours via other locations may work better for you. You will just have to experiment and see if any works. Here's a free VPN software that will allow you to change the route you take to reach the game server. If you want to go via London, then find and use a London based VPN server.

softether.org
    • Samashaus wrote:

Or am I imagining this? 6 weeks ago I got ganked near daily.
      Each zone was humming with activity even when they doubled the amount of zones, it still felt dangerous.

I was running 6.1 dungeons and we got wrecked by a dive group. I'd go gathering and would have to really run for my life and loot.

Now? It feels barren. Global chat was spookily quiet all day and night. I went and completed 6 solo dungeons with no one around. I gathered and gathered to the point I thought forget playing safe I'm bringing out my carry cow (my Ox) and just went at it. Not a red name player to be seen...

Guilds that once owned huge swathes of territories are rapidly losing them to 3 super guilds and we all know who they are. Theres no lone gatherers about, not where I have been. I went to a red zone to get some enchanted materials and not a ganker to be seen.

Its spooky. Even in the main cities I'm used to seeing about 200 on each floor of the city and about 500 during prime. After reset and during NA prime hours I saw a grand total of 98 on one floor and 70 on another. I checked Caerleon, numbers down. All cities... down.

Feeling a little like I'm staring down an Australian outback road with tumbleweed blowing about.
      Didn't see any of that in Europe. Still overcrowded, overganked, overdived, etc..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Luke1 ().

• What I think is not healthy for new players is an observation from Sunday

Every zone connection in Mercia was heavy ganker
      Gank squads everywhere
      As said we are 2 Man hg people that take most fights

We run into dungeons..and give them pain while in 4.1

But now imagine new unspecced players, 4.1 no option..

And to make it worse, what I not understand, same zone NW ganked by mount, SE by Oops and in the middle squad chasing

But they don't touch each other..

That's the reason
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

What I think is not healthy for new players is an observation from Sunday
      march25-april9 random dungeon update at march 20... we skip sat and sun... player looking into sunday and sat are getting rekt in missinformation. sat sun are busy and gankable. even explained that on a vid... so yeah i agree..
      get more info between monday-fri [unless these player really working hard on mon-fri and only play sat -sun. i feel sorry for them]
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
    • Hey there,

we made a post about this subject at the peak of the F2P launch 3 months ago in our Reddit AMA. Here is the link.

And here is the post as a quote:
      Posted on Reddit 3 months ago
      We peaked at around 34k concurrent users today.
      While it could be - you never know - mathematically speaking we don't expect this to last. The reason is quite simple: when a game launches, you have two effects working together:
      1. Everyone who waited for the launch comes in at the same time.
      2. People who just joined often have 8+ hour long play sessions - sometimes much more than that.
      These effects ebb off, that's absolutely normal and expected. This "ebb off" effect can be very strong early on, and eventually it wears out completely.
      Once that happens, the new players coming in every day - and there is tons of them right now - will become higher than the number of existing players quitting / playing less per day and hence drive up total player count again.
      Some of you might remember are now somewhat infamous "saddle point" post that we created shortly after B2P release almost 2 years ago.
      What we think is most likely with F2P is that after the initial rush, player numbers will drop somewhat, eventually stabilize (the saddle point) and then start increasing again. The interesting question is how high that drop is going to be before we start to see an increase. Current numbers are so strong that even if we saw a 90% (!!!) drop we'd still be doing fine - and by all means, we don't think that's going to happen.
      We are close to certain that - no matter what - the "look, population is dropping / ded game" posts are going to start appearing over the coming weeks.
      Feel free to bookmark this post to show that we called it first :)
      In short, we did fully expect a player drop based on the factors above. Having said that, the DDOS and server issues have definitely done their damage, too. And - as always - there are tons of things in the game that needed to be improved and lots of great new features that should and will be added to the game.

And yet, the F2P launch has gone so far above our expectations that current player numbers are much much higher than what we had expected. They are massively above the pre F2P levels and will remain so. For example, just looking at the Steam numbers (the vast majority of Albion players uses the native client and is not tracked on Steam) you can see that prior to the F2P launch, we had ~600 concurrent users at peak - and the game as doing fine with these numbers. Now, that number sits at 4,400, which is more than 7 times as much. Even if the player drop continues for a while, it won't be a problem at all - neither for the game world nor for us as a company.

This is the perfect baseline for us to continue to expand and improve the game. As stated many times, we are in it for the long term, our key goal is to make sure that the game does well even 5 or 10 years down the road. For this, we are currently expanding our team size, too.

Finally, now that we have the F2P launch behind us, the next "distribution milestone" is going to be the mobile launch (rough guess Q1 or Q2 next year as the next two game updates take priority) which will almost certainly generate another massive traffic surge and which will - as always - be followed by another player drop, while the stable level reached after that will again be higher than what we had before.
    • Baelfyre wrote:

SHARKY wrote:

I spent a couple of hours today clearing SRDs in one of the busiest Yellow zones on the map. I found PLENTY - at least 50% that I entered were untouched, and not a single one I did was missing the chest.
      I don't typically do YZ SRD, but I was being lazy and just ran in one as I was crossing zones. Last chest dropped a 7.1 heavy royal chest piece. 1.8mill
      When you have sometinglike these please screen shot it as there needs to be proof to show player...

imgur.com/MgTuq9u

imgur.com/9VDz4kZ

imgur.com/a/t0j5w8u

these were testing the waters around blue and black..and groupsolo vs solo...

there are much more pics in reddit to showing that black [probably cause of the 175% on the loot] being better... that YZ would of been and awsome pic.
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs