Dramatic drop in active players?

• I'm just burning focus atm. Used to play alot more, what used to be fun things to do in the game are starting to feel like a chore. Weekly rewards/daily bonus, all these mechanics trying to make you log on daily has turned the game into a chore for me, that i do. Making your game == chore to get your premiums value is long term a stupid move imo.

So it also means i do nothing else. 40 mins 3x a week. Yay. When my prem. runs out I'm most likely not renewing either.

2 years to late with solo focus/content.

PS - Yes the drop in players has been quite dramatic, "everyone" uses the market in this game and I can definitely tell the volumes that used to be, are not even close anymore.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Forneus ().

• Yet still, the impression holds: in late May, the towns were over-crowded. All ressource nodes on the main continent were constantly depeleted. This has changed dramatically and even at prime time you can gather some stuff in the maps around the royal cities.

My impression that numbers halfed since is proven by the link provided. So probably the consolidation has started and only the die-hard fans will remain again - hoping that some more stick around than there were before. The world definitely is not too full.
    • As a new player for a couple of weeks, I feel that the unforgiving nature of the game is making a lot of people quit.

The game revolves too much around group play, which is understandable as an MMO, but it should also allow you to be able to play solo when you want or cannot get into a group.
      And what I found out is that it is getting very frustrating to continue to play the game without a solid group of people who commit themselves to something and have a regular schedule for game activities, be it ganking, fame farming or just roaming around the map looking for "trouble".

My subscription runs out in a week and I am not planning to continue to play the game because getting a group going is so hard as people just tend to stick to themselves and are very rarely willing to group with newbies who are still learning the PVP skills and techniques used.

I can be of great use in PVE with healing, but at the moment my PVP is really lacking, that is not because I cant be bothered to learn, but because I have lost track of how many times I was overpowered by swarms of people when I tried to do some solo pvp with cheap gear so I can practice and learn from my mistakes.

Its sad because I quite like the game and in some respects it is very similar to my EvE online experience years ago, but it is just so hard to get people to play with me that it saps out all the fun and willingness to continue playing the game.
    • SHARKY wrote:

Population certainly isn't the same as during the initial few weeks of F2P, but to me, and compared to pre-F2P, it still feels like there's plenty of people out there.

Honestly, before F2P, If you were in a non-Caerleon Royal City (Bridgeweatch, Martlock etc) and there were 100 others there at the same time, it was an exceptionally busy day!

Whenever I log in now, there's always a few hundred spread between the main square, bank and AH.
      *wakes up*

im gonna agree. the hype is down from the initial hype. player got to find out what type of game is this. they also got hit with the first server capacity,ddos etc. and those thing can easily affect black zone and red... there are other reasons but gonna get too into it

it is still better than when i returned after quitting for 1year... now that was empty, i who feared the redzone had to beg someone to gank me..
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
    • Forneus wrote:

I'm just burning focus atm. Used to play alot more, what used to be fun things to do in the game are starting to feel like a chore. Weekly rewards/daily bonus, all these mechanics trying to make you log on daily has turned the game into a chore for me, that i do. Making your game == chore to get your premiums value is long term a stupid move imo.

So it also means i do nothing else. 40 mins 3x a week. Yay. When my prem. runs out I'm most likely not renewing either.

2 years to late with solo focus/content.

PS - Yes the drop in players has been quite dramatic, "everyone" uses the market in this game and I can definitely tell the volumes that used to be, are not even close anymore.
      when march came out, making 60 mill from march 20-april 9 meant that i could 2 year premium which it was awsome. this died downa nd thing that cost 1mill drop to 100k.. hellgate was the way and you can still make 1 year premium but would have to pvp if you dont like pvp you would have to be force into random dungeon farm or skip run. which everyone i helped got 1month premium1-2 days..
      solo dungeon right now allow me to reach 3mill i.imgur.com/rUF7Z6x.png i.imgur.com/we0JrNb.png i already said i quit the game but i like testing things when it comes out to check the waters.. after seeing that i can make some mills in one day. that proves that player can still pay for free premium with solo dungeon.. now let me be clear.. this is in black zone. as the test i did for blue zone sucks so much in loot. yea yea they made it cluster free reduction.. can go in 7.2.. but the loot freaking sucks in 12 runs.. in 2 runs of black zone... the 175% bonus in black opening chest is better than the 25% in blue.. the guy who died had goood loot for solo black zone albiononline.com/es/killboard/kill/43276643 and there is a thread with some info forum.albiononline.com/index.p…?postID=932891#post932891

Ketoholic wrote:

As a new player for a couple of weeks, I feel that the unforgiving nature of the game is making a lot of people quit.

The game revolves too much around group play, which is understandable as an MMO, but it should also allow you to be able to play solo when you want or cannot get into a group.
      And what I found out is that it is getting very frustrating to continue to play the game without a solid group of people who commit themselves to something and have a regular schedule for game activities, be it ganking, fame farming or just roaming around the map looking for "trouble".

My subscription runs out in a week and I am not planning to continue to play the game because getting a group going is so hard as people just tend to stick to themselves and are very rarely willing to group with newbies who are still learning the PVP skills and techniques used.

I can be of great use in PVE with healing, but at the moment my PVP is really lacking, that is not because I cant be bothered to learn, but because I have lost track of how many times I was overpowered by swarms of people when I tried to do some solo pvp with cheap gear so I can practice and learn from my mistakes.

Its sad because I quite like the game and in some respects it is very similar to my EvE online experience years ago, but it is just so hard to get people to play with me that it saps out all the fun and willingness to continue playing the game.
      That was a forseen comings.... The first thing i discuss with magus alot in chat is the tend and life span of th game.. infact since you did talk about eve, eve would have full loot i think in blue zone and yellow zone or they would have no cluster reduction which they just did that... however im glad they didnt do that when it was f2p first couple of weeks.. since this is detrimental to the game... the unforgiven combine with the lag/ddos and the first week of server capacity issue made players leave the game..
      you said this is a group pvp game. you are right, only some execeptional player goes out there to solo.. i seen oaktreeinafield, undisputed an dthe missing marg93 etc going out there and showing great solo content. but when you wanted to farm in f2p right of the back you are forced to party with a group... and tension runs high.. the lfg feature sucks so you have to talk to people and sometimes when entering the party rises in the beginning from 7-9.. i had to take charge in lazy grass [my home bridgeatch since playing this game 2017 ] and look around what players were doing wrong.... then those player want to go red zone and get instab gank... i can go over alot of thing that the game did to push player away but that is how the game work for albion. and as i repeated it for years. this game is literally not foreveryone. that means the hype come up to test the game in f2p but the hype will die down quickly once they see what this game is about [and with toxic player "bye im glad you left this game not for you gosh thank you" unappreciative, there is nothing to keep them here... ill stop here before i make it to wallish post

one last thing i want to cover..

there is no history in youtube or in the forum to make player understand the decisions of dev.. tho the dev did alot of decision to help new player and make i teasier by nerfing alot of things.. the decision for random solo dungeon and the reason why interact with pvp make it oblivous imgur.com/vvr0bWZ imgur.com/LD0fI84 there is a reason why it interacting with others however some understands and decided to keep going. other who i talk in discord has a mentality of nope nope nope and leaves... which nothing you can do about it but let it go.

Alasson wrote:

Too much disconnect and lag problems... It's already hard achieve anything but ganking without these problems
      That is one of the 1-9reason i quit the game.. the dc and lag can be a problem on a full loot pvp game where every second counts
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
    • The game Is controlled by hardcore players , usually a 5% if the total population, they also have influence over the devs, casual and non so casual players live over the rules of this 5% just like real life.
      When you reach high specs, most people would look foward to territory control and gvgs, when they realise they have to give up their life in order to compete alldays at gvg like a real work, they just leave the game.
      Sadly big alliance, big guilds control most of how the game should be played, so if you are not a hardcore diehard player who cannot live for the game, you wont have access to the endgame content, that why we always watch the same names at gvgs.
      New guilds which look to compete get their economy destroyed, big ones already sit on a huge mountain of gold.
      Its like trying to introduce a new brand on a monopoly.
      You can also check that the guys that complain about changes, like alliance removal, are always the same 10, 20 guys. Most of the casual players dont check forums, so yeah, thats why there Is a decrease on player population, they get bored or frustated by doing the same routine with the same shit results.
      There Is no real balance competition, its like matching a Silver vs a Diamond on a League of legends game, the Silver Will get destroyed, but here you also lose your silver

The post was edited 2 times, last by baibiscuit ().

• I've decided to leave the game too. 300 ping isnt going to get me any further and theres only so much stuff I can gather.the Solo Dungeon thing was a good idea until it became evident it's just another opportunity for one shot bullshit builds that come in and duo/trio gank you, that are copy pasted and used extensively.

The ping is crippling in PvP situations unless you're from NA - it's not fun and I sincerely doubt Albion will get another server location to help us out in the Oceanic region.

This game has become figuring out a cheese method for everything - it's not skill anymore. It's a dictatorship of Alliances and the best faceroll builds.

Sorry to sound so negative but I really wanted to stick with Alvion but its honestly just the same shit day in and day out - oh and did I mention the 300 ping from Australia? Yeah think I mentioned it a lot.

The elite will rule over this game but I dont mind anymore, theyll be playing with themselves sooner or later because people are not sticking around.
    • This was always expected.

Game had a huge rush when F2P came out. With time, population was going to stabilize. The time for the population to stabilize is here.

The players that stayed are the ones that are gonna keep playing for a while, while new players always come.

The devs themself where expecting this to happen.

However, the hype lasted a lot longer than I expected. Its good to see Albion like it was before F2P.

The ddos also made many players quit...wish is sad cause many of those liked the game.
    • Samashaus wrote:

I've decided to leave the game too. 300 ping isnt going to get me any further and theres only so much stuff I can gather.the Solo Dungeon thing was a good idea until it became evident it's just another opportunity for one shot bullshit builds that come in and duo/trio gank you, that are copy pasted and used extensively.

The ping is crippling in PvP situations unless you're from NA - it's not fun and I sincerely doubt Albion will get another server location to help us out in the Oceanic region.

This game has become figuring out a cheese method for everything - it's not skill anymore. It's a dictatorship of Alliances and the best faceroll builds.

Sorry to sound so negative but I really wanted to stick with Alvion but its honestly just the same shit day in and day out - oh and did I mention the 300 ping from Australia? Yeah think I mentioned it a lot.

The elite will rule over this game but I dont mind anymore, theyll be playing with themselves sooner or later because people are not sticking around.
      You were ok only a couple of days ago. Why suddenly going bitter? Got ganked again just when you thought the BZ was empty?
    • Player112 wrote:

Samashaus wrote:

I've decided to leave the game too. 300 ping isnt going to get me any further and theres only so much stuff I can gather.the Solo Dungeon thing was a good idea until it became evident it's just another opportunity for one shot bullshit builds that come in and duo/trio gank you, that are copy pasted and used extensively.

You were ok only a couple of days ago. Why suddenly going bitter? Got ganked again just when you thought the BZ was empty?
      You should shut the fuck up. You've never stepped foot in a BZ, let alone engaged in PvP. I don't know why you even play this game. You're a master-trader. WTF is that? You buy Oxen and troll the forum.

Why not tell us all your in-game name, like every other player here who actually contributes something?
    • SHARKY wrote:

Player112 wrote:

Samashaus wrote:

You should shut the fuck up. You've never stepped foot in a BZ, let alone engaged in PvP. I don't know why you even play this game. You're a master-trader. WTF is that? You buy Oxen and troll the forum.
      Why not tell us all your in-game name, like every other player here who actually contributes something?
      sight... read your conversation. it will make so much sense if you take the time to watch it. i promise :)
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
    • SHARKY wrote:

Just because I don't do BZ/PVP, doesn't mean I won't do those in the future. I did PVP in duels while waiting for dungeon group to form. Because I use t3 gear to keep the repair costs down, I lost more than I won. The silver return from the dungeons I go to truly sux.

A master trader is one who weighs risks and acts accordingly. A master trader does not go to the BZ when the risks weighs too heavy. If I go against this rule, I will end up getting ganked and quitting like the OP and others. I like this free and fun game and don't want to quit until the devs make it impossible to play free. There is the possibility of that, but the risk of it is within my tolerance.

I do buy/sell/raise/craft oxen and participate on the forum in between. It's not possible to expect the markets to give me non-stop action 24/7. Only recently the oxen prices have collapsed. I had to stand back and watch it for a bit.

I contribute to the forum by asking some interesting and difficult questions. I also give you something to do since you want to comment on my stuff. I don't trust strangers who want to take names. Why would they want to do that? Maybe they want to steal my oxen when I herd them around? Weighing risks is something a master trader always do.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Player112 ().

• I play from Oceania, NZ, and my ping is good enough to play pvp. Gets rough in towns but out in area's where there is pvp ping is fine.

It is hard for me to understand the numbers the game gives me on ping - it usually says around 16/17ms but that doesn't make any sense. I dunno.

I see tons of people playing the game. Not as many in the BZ's as RZ's, More again in yellow and blue zones. I get there are less people than when the game went f2p but there are still heaps of people playing and gathering or fame farming in yellow zones is crowded unless you go out of the way. Solo dungeons I do in BZ's have generally had the boss's killed so plenty of people doing those.

I don't really get the people complaining about the DDOS and poor connection. I've played a lot of MMO's, particularly Eve, and I really don't know what you expect? In every game I have played a significant population cry like their world is ending over problems I find easy to work around. DDOS on server so go do something else. Latency issues - well that is sort of a thing on the internet and with big MMO's but it hasn't been that bad for me playing Albion . . . from New Zealand. At the end of the day when people are unhappy with a game the things they put up with before become unbearable and x% decide to start a campaign against the game they once loved. Been like this in every game and it is not going to change,
    • Taniwhaa wrote:

I play from Oceania, NZ, and my ping is good enough to play pvp. Gets rough in towns but out in area's where there is pvp ping is fine.

It is hard for me to understand the numbers the game gives me on ping - it usually says around 16/17ms but that doesn't make any sense. I dunno.

I see tons of people playing the game. Not as many in the BZ's as RZ's, More again in yellow and blue zones. I get there are less people than when the game went f2p but there are still heaps of people playing and gathering or fame farming in yellow zones is crowded unless you go out of the way. Solo dungeons I do in BZ's have generally had the boss's killed so plenty of people doing those.

I don't really get the people complaining about the DDOS and poor connection. I've played a lot of MMO's, particularly Eve, and I really don't know what you expect? In every game I have played a significant population cry like their world is ending over problems I find easy to work around. DDOS on server so go do something else. Latency issues - well that is sort of a thing on the internet and with big MMO's but it hasn't been that bad for me playing Albion . . . from New Zealand. At the end of the day when people are unhappy with a game the things they put up with before become unbearable and x% decide to start a campaign against the game they once loved. Been like this in every game and it is not going to change,
      Everyone starts off off like you thinking everything is rosy and cool. The OP did too. You will change your tune after a few ganks. The op was completely happy with 300 ping a few days ago, and going so far as to say he lived in the BZ. But he was probably then pushed over the edge by one gank too many. It will get to you when you lose all your prized items. It will get to you when you think you will be 10 million richer if you just gather one more node. Then, suddenly it goes up in smoke.