GvG Season 7 Changes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GvG Season 7 Changes

The next GvG Season brings a bunch of exciting changes and additional content.

This post is all about these new changes. If you want to know more about the Season dates in detail, you can check out this thread: Season 7 Schedule

New Content

Castle Outposts
      For the next Season we want to increase the number of Open world objectives for guilds, so we are adding new Castle Outposts to the Outlands.
      • Castle Outposts are essentially small versions of castles
      • They are independent entities and can be conquered independently of castle ownership
      • Each Castle Outpost gives Season Points and has a chest in the center
      • The rewarded Season Points and the rewards from the chest are 1/4 of the rewards of a castle
      • The whole process of taking over a Castle Outpost should be possible in under 10 minutes
      • To conquer a Castle Outpost, a guild needs to take down the castle gates with a demolition hammer and clear all mobs inside
      • We will add 4 Castle Outposts for each Castle. This means in total there will be 56 new Castle Outposts spread over the Outlands
      • Castles and Castle Outposts will score at the same time. This should encourage more guilds to take part in the activity. If big groups want to take multiple entities they will need to split forces.
      WIP Castle Outpost:

Daily Season Points generated:
      RegionTerritoryCastleCastle Outpost
      Outlands High216648162
      Outlands Mid168504126
      Outlands Low12036090
      Royal9600

Guild Challenge:
      To further increase the number of guilds taking part in the season, and to put more emphasis on individual member contribution, we are adding a variation of the Adventurer's Challenge on a guild level. This will allow every guild to earn some Season Points with all kinds of activities.
      • All guild members contribute to the Guild Challenge by earning Challenge Points (like the "keys" from the Adventurer's Challenge)
      • Each Challenge point generated by a guild member fills the guild's Challenge Progress bar
      • When the progress bar is filled, the Guild Challenge Level increases by one and the guild gets a fixed amount of season points
      • Each level gets progressively harder, but the reward for each level stays the same
      • The Daily Bonus of 50,000 Adventurer's Challenge Points DOES NOT contribute to Guild Challenge Progress - it ONLY counts for the Adventurer's Challenge
      Example:
      • Level 1 - Required Challenge Points: 100,000 - Rewarded Season Points: 300
      • Level 2 - Required Challenge Points: 200,000 - Rewarded Season Points: 300
      • Level 3 - Required Challenge Points: 300,000 - Rewarded Season Points: 300
      WIP Guild Challenge UI:

Changes

GvGs & Territory Control:
      To make it more difficult for one team to fight at multiple fronts and encourage guilds to have more GvG players, we have made the following changes:
      • Mercenaries will be disabled for all territorial GvGs. (They will only stay allowed for Crystal Realm Battles.)
      • GvG Fight Times are consolidated. This means GvG fights are now more likely to happen simultaneously, making it more difficult for one team to fight at multiple fronts.
      • Siphoning Mages have also learned some new spells to make the fight more interesting and a little more challenging.
      Old Time SlotNew Time Slot
      0:00 UTC1:00 UTC
      1:00 UTC1:00 UTC
      2:00 UTC1:00 UTC
      3:00 UTC4:00 UTC
      4:00 UTC4:00 UTC
      5:00 UTC4:00 UTC
      12:00 UTC16:00 UTC
      14:00 UTC16:00 UTC
      16:00 UTC16:00 UTC
      17:00 UTC20:00 UTC
      18:00 UTC20:00 UTC
      19:00 UTC20:00 UTC
      20:00 UTC20:00 UTC
      21:00 UTC20:00 UTC
      22:00 UTC1:00 UTC
      23:00 UTC1:00 UTC

Cities:
      • Maximum income tax rate for cities: 25% -> 10%
      • Time Slots consolidated
      • Introduced various Soft Item Power Caps
      • The attacker needs to score at least 5 points to get the attack money back
      CaerleonFort SterlingLymhurstThetfordBridgewatchMartlock
      Time Zone (old)22 UTC3 UTC16 UTC0 UTC18 UTC22 UTC
      Time Zone (new)19 UTC1 UTC19 UTC1 UTC19 UTC1 UTC
      Item Power Soft Capuncapped1200 IP (50% soft cap)1200 IP (50% soft cap)1000 IP (50% soft cap)1000 IP (50% soft cap)1000 IP (50% soft cap)

Castles:
      • We are reducing the time between each castle guard wave down to 3 minutes. So taking a castle can be done in a matter of minutes now, making it more difficult for one group to defend multiple castles at once.
      • We will also fix some quality-of-life issues, like allowing alliance members to use castle doors.

Crystal Realm:
      • We are increasing the number of tower levels to 7, to emphasize the performance of one team instead of the sheer amount of towers alone.
      • Crystal Realm Battles are now also available in the Off-Season, i.e. between Season 6 and Season 7
      In Crystal Realm Fights, the Season Points are always split partially between both competing teams. Depending on the scores earned, teams get more season points. With the change to 7 tower levels, we also want to put a bigger emphasis on the reward for the winning team. With this change we want to make climbing tower levels more enticing: under the new system, even close wins in higher tower levels will yield more points than stomping level 1 teams.

Season 7
      LevelWin BonusPoints scored BonusMatch Max Value

For comparison, here are the old season values:
      Season 6
      LevelWin BonusPoints scored BonusMatch Max Value

Reward Brackets
      With the new activities and all these changes, we have also adjusted the reward brackets for Season 7 to the following:
      • Crystal Threshold: 180,000
      • Gold Threshold: 60,000
      • Silver Threshold: 15,000
      • Bronze Threshold: 3,500
      • Iron Threshold: 1,000
      I look forward to your feedback and hope you are all excited for the next season.

Cheers,
      Retro

The post was edited 2 times, last by Retroman ().

• The GvG times changes are absolutely horrible in my opinion.
      First of all, in the current state of the game, the vast majority of guilds already struggle to put teams together with a variety of flexible timers now with the reduction of available times to participate in GvGs, new guilds/teams will struggle a lot more.

I think this will create an even bigger monopoly in terms of territory ownership and will make the 'snowball' even worse. Overall this will make veteran and mostly NEW players a hell of a lot less active in GvG - not only that but it will open the door to sending 'troll' teams to lock certain players while sending 'semi-competent' teams in some other attacks, which I think is extremely unhealthy.

Furthermore, whichever guild owns the most territory in the first place will be able to abuse counters/retals so now if you are trying to push someone out of a zone they control it will be a whole lot harder.

On top of that, removing mercenaries - guilds such as mine (money guild) wont be able to fairly distribute territories within allies creating a bigger monopoly than before.

Also, the city changes seem to be happening at an extremely weird time - what is the reasoning behind this even? Cities are literally the only real value/profit you can make from a GvG and I would also consider them the best end game content, why the nerf?

The post was edited 3 times, last by SamHexo ().

• I really see no reason at all to not allow for gvg invites between guilds in the alliance, all you are doing now is to force any serious alliance to put all their towers and gvg players under one guild to solve that issue. You are gonna see a lot more no shows if teams can't be put together with the help of allies. Also the change to the timers is probably just gonna make people quit gvging cause most people only have a certain window where they can play everyday and you just vastly reduced the chance that they can actually gvg in that window. In my case for instance you have basicly reduced the amount of gvgs to 1 a day. And if you think this magically makes guilds suddenly have more competent gvgers you are very wrong, it's simply gonna cause less attacks to be send and more no shows to happen.

Also I don't get why you are taking so much value out of the cities, territories are already practically worthless, cities were the only place guilds could fight for some actual results. Do you guys expect people to fight for season points alone? If guilds can't make the money back after gearing their gvgers than they are simply going to stop sending their gvgers out.

All in all one of the worst changes you guys have done in a while. Wouldn't be surprised if next season the entirety of Mercia is gonna see less than 1 gvg a day with all this added to it. Someone strong is gonna take it and noone is going to risk 8.2 gear for territories that aren't valuable. Especially now that you have made it 10 times harder to make good teams without the mercing option in alliance. Before if one in your team was missing you could take someone else competent from the alliance, and people not being there is gonna be more common now with the new timers. I assume that you think people would instead take someone worse from their own guild, but noone is gonna risk gear on that. They will just no show, the territory does not generate money anyway.

If you want more people to actively participate in gvgs you have to give them more options to participate not limit them. And maybe just a thought actually give them a reward for fighting well, give them a goal to work towards and perhaps more would try it out, cause with terris in their current state there really isn't any reason to even start.

On a more positive node I like the new castle stuff, more open world objectives are sorely needed to get away from massive zerg/zone locking bs. Have you guys thought about adding areas in the new map you are designing where territories aren't a thing and everything is open world objectives instead?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Boedavildje ().

• SamHexo wrote:

Furthermore, whichever guild owns the most territory in the first place will be able to abuse counters/retals so now if you are trying to push someone out of a zone they control it will be a whole lot harder.
      This is a big concern that I tried to raise on the RT. The game is already way too snowbally towards the party on top, we don't need mechanics like counterattack giving the powerful group more power.
    • The consolidated GvG windows needed to happen due to the rampant alt issue. The 1 and 4 UTC windows seem reasonable for NA. Also if you cannot put forth any of your own GvG teams you honestly should not hold that territory anyway so I also really like that change. They added more castle type zerg content for folks that like that kind of thing. Overall seems to be great changes. I do agree with some of the above posts that the retaliation feature might need to be further reviewed or IMO just removed.
    • Consolidated GvG timings are fine, but can there at least be one slot in between 4 to 16 UTC? The implementation of this void essentially seals the deal for SEA players from participating in GvGs as the timings are either during the morning (when folks are at work) or late after midnight (4am).

Can there not be concessions made so that an essential part of the end-game is not locked out to one whole demographic of the player base?
    • Boedavildje wrote:

I really see no reason at all to not allow for gvg invites between guilds in the alliance, all you are doing now is to force any serious alliance to put all their towers and gvg players under one guild to solve that issue. You are gonna see a lot more no shows if teams can't be put together with the help of allies. Also the change to the timers is probably just gonna make people quit gvging cause most people only have a certain window where they can play everyday and you just vastly reduced the chance that they can actually gvg in that window. In my case for instance you have basicly reduced the amount of gvgs to 1 a day. And if you think this magically makes guilds suddenly have more competent gvgers you are very wrong, it's simply gonna cause less attacks to be send and more no shows to happen.
      Not being able to invite players from within your alliance is utterly stupid and slams the door in the face of a lot of the smaller alliances who have teams made up of people from different guilds within them. Interesting this was never discussed on the RT because you know what the outcry would have been

You have no idea what to do with GvG's, we understand that, but what you have done here is made the situation even worse.
      Pre Patch 16 UO Player - Casual PK/Carebear Crafter - Now Old.
    • I like the outposts but the so called "balancing" seems very punishing to those who enjoy GvG, effectively eliminating the possibility for teams or individuals to GvG multiple times per day, this was already a thing of course with not being able to do multiple GvG's with the same character but those who had multiple characters for the sake of GvGing have now had their efforts effectively nullified.

All I see is another update that neglects the community of veterans and more hardcore players of this game, those who spend the most time playing albion now get punished harder, maybe the key to playing albion nowadays is just doing the adventurers challenge and then logging off? considering how less and less rewarding the game is becoming the more you play.

Overall this seems like an update that starts with some good news (the castle outposts) and then its immediatly followed by a shitstorm of carebear content. No good SBI, do better. You couldve atleast given us Crystals in multiple timeslots to give us some content...
      Discord: Redsaw#6002

The post was edited 1 time, last by Redsaw ().

• SamHexo wrote:

On top of that, removing mercenaries - guilds such as mine (money guild) wont be able to fairly distribute territories within allies creating a bigger monopoly than before.
      I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If you're saying your guild is hoarding up all the territories, then it could just avoid grabbing them all up in the first place. I like this idea, because it means every guild will have to actually be capable of defending itself now.
    • Tabor wrote:

The consolidated GvG windows needed to happen due to the rampant alt issue. The 1 and 4 UTC windows seem reasonable for NA. Also if you cannot put forth any of your own GvG teams you honestly should not hold that territory anyway so I also really like that change. They added more castle type zerg content for folks that like that kind of thing. Overall seems to be great changes. I do agree with some of the above posts that the retaliation feature might need to be further reviewed or IMO just removed.
      Your concept of this is so wrong, this would make the "alt issue" even worst, better guilds/teams will still hold more territories and alts will still be used for counter attacks and retaliations, which literally changes nothing in that sense except probably making it worst.

"if you can't put forth any of your own GvG teams you honestly should not hold that territory anyways"

Well no shit, but what about guilds who have teams but now with the time changes they can't participate therefore potentially leaving out some of the best players or just completely no showing because fighting without an actual team (especially in Mercia) becomes the worst investment in the game.