GvG Season 7 Changes

• I still find it absurd that a worldwide mmo based on guild vs guild territory warfare is going to have a TWELVE hour window where there's no possible attacks to take place. Half of every day will be a drought in content. This is coming from before, where I was already personally dissatisfied with a SIX hour gap in gvg timers.

I honestly feel like this is some sort of running gag that everyone is in on except me.
    • The idea that endgame=elitism and thus only a select few "pros" should have access to it is moronic.

Those of you that weren't around during the earlier tests before spec and the open ended crafting would be blown away by the sheer number of GvG attacks being fought by 60%< of a guild's member base instead of 1 main team. Of course there were A teams, but they fought on strategic plots, and the dozens of other gvg and warcamp fights were fought by guild PUGs and lesser geared teams.

Its difficult to analyze all the changes that killed that system and that popularity of GvGs as accessible content. But we absolutely have to kill off the mindset that only those teams that grind and invest dozens of days and hours "should" be gvging. There are tiers of GvGs, differences in value(hopefully more soon) and various location/geography windows that all manner of teams should be popping up in, instead of just alt 1 2 3 4 5 teams.

*edit* This isn't the RT

I mean uh thats dumb.

Albion players heh
    • Gank that is a great point that always mystifies me. The only reason the current state of GvG is elitism is the sheer lack of fights happening on a daily basis. The main difference from early betas with lots of GvGs to now appears to be lack of attack windows. The easiest way to encourage more GvGs and thus increasing the teams is by making them more accessible. Why they limit the attack points so drastically never made any sense. EVERY resource territory should be launchable every day via some mechanic whether they add more war camps or create some type of new territory raid mechanic for launches. Why they continue in with the limited zerg war camp stuff does not and never will make sense.
    • Tabor wrote:

Gank that is a great point that always mystifies me. The only reason the current state of GvG is elitism is the sheer lack of fights happening on a daily basis. The main difference from early betas with lots of GvGs to now appears to be lack of attack windows. The easiest way to encourage more GvGs and thus increasing the teams is by making them more accessible. Why they limit the attack points so drastically never made any sense. EVERY resource territory should be launchable every day via some mechanic whether they add more war camps or create some type of new territory raid mechanic for launches. Why they continue in with the limited zerg war camp stuff does not and never will make sense.
      reason is quite simple. Elitist Gvg means retain current situation which benefits some guilds which sit at the round table which actually consult..

Got it??
    • STORMS PROGRESS RANT

Considering I haven't had to make a guild to counter a issue with Albion recently I think SBI are heading in a good direction

This Patch

-OCE is still poorly represented but tbh OCE players need to sort their shit out ergo its not on SBI.
      -While I think your counter Zerg attempts are praise worthy 20 bucks says the top guilds have a counter and multiple small teams fielded by big alliances has never been a issue - they will drive out smaller guilds because they pick up the recruits from them when the guild collapses.
      -Avalon is exciting but please for the love of god don't make it easy to travel too or it'll get farmed.
      - your ability to know who is gvging is a good move but might make the clichés nature of guild even more of an issue (you can be apart of a guild not not apart of its core) so a progress over time rank would be excellent

In General

- Not a fan of fame and focus stuff
      - Increasing the complexity of the markets to counter any dude with a economics degree from controlling whole city economies
      - Random events that hit a percentage of a players wealth and extremely expensive ways to mitigate risk could makes the economy more realistic
      - Increasing the complexity of the mobs and attacking the cities to hit bots is a fantastic idea... that I had... that everyone hates... because they are bots.
      - Im disliking all the portals as they are ugly in their current numbers- why not have them integrated into cliff and geographical locations so that people enter small caves or even have small entrances along the edge of the map. keep the portals for sure but make them more of a "OOOOhhhHhhhHh" rather then a "GTFO of my way". this could give your modelling guys and gals some serious challe… FUN :)
      - MAKE THE MAPS UNIQUE - DELETE THE COOKIE CUTTER. GIVE MY STARVING HEART SOME LORE
      - Small npc villages with capped amounts of items that can only be traded to another NPC village or city who are accessible through expensive maps
      - Have the faction trade runners come under attack by npc soldiers at a random chance
      - weather that effects the capabilities of weapons in different ways
      - Chance to dodge to break cut and dry metas
      - general rebalancing of PVE - you have too many options now esp HCE and Randoms - they are in direct competition and HCE got deleted by the community.
      One way you could do this is to break up the Silver/Fame and loot drops so they do only one - or even make it random
      - GIVE ME MONEY FOR ALL THE BLOODY INSPIRATION IN GIVING YOU... or direwolves… I have a problem.
      - SEA BATTLE? MAKE ALL THE NAUTICAL ART ACTULLY APPLY?

Tbh my biggest issue atm is the intel leak about Avalon ages before it was even announced. Stop kissing the big guilds asses, giving their members undue attention and access for playing the game in the wrong way. you have had this issue since alpha. keep bringing in new voices.

Summery - their are people who PLAY albion online and their are people who WORK albion online and they are more valuable in guilds and cultivate the wrong culture.

Now it may seem that I tear you guys a new one but im still here. fucking sexy game and henky's fringe game is on point.

<3 storm