GvG Season 7 Changes

    • Redsaw wrote:

      I like the outposts but the so called "balancing" seems very punishing to those who enjoy GvG, effectively eliminating the possibility for teams or individuals to GvG multiple times per day, this was already a thing of course with not being able to do multiple GvG's with the same character but those who had multiple characters for the sake of GvGing have now had their efforts effectively nullified.

      Pretty sure THAT is the point...there is a rampant issue with alts in this game at the moment. A few amount of teams do most of the GvGing, this is going to force the guys with 10+ alts to pick and choose which fights are more valuable to them and stick to those. If you're A-team can't be everywhere like before what happens? Either more teams get to GvG or they lose those territories. If SBI wanted the same people doing all the GvGs they would allow more than one per character.
      Overall excellent, of course though all of the high level alliances will whine like crazy about this because it's going to force them to get more GvG teams or not control as much. Sorry all your tome'd out 400/400 alts are almost useless now, least you have 10 farms though right?

      The post was edited 3 times, last by ViLEuo ().

    • ViLEuo wrote:

      Redsaw wrote:

      I like the outposts but the so called "balancing" seems very punishing to those who enjoy GvG, effectively eliminating the possibility for teams or individuals to GvG multiple times per day, this was already a thing of course with not being able to do multiple GvG's with the same character but those who had multiple characters for the sake of GvGing have now had their efforts effectively nullified.
      Pretty sure THAT is the point...there is a rampant issue with alts in this game at the moment. A few amount of teams do most of the GvGing, this is going to force the guys with 10+ alts to pick and choose which fights are more valuable to them and stick to those. If you're A-team can't be everywhere like before what happens? Either more teams get to GvG or they lose those territories. If SBI wanted the same people doing all the GvGs they would allow more than one per character.
      Overall excellent, of course though all of the high level alliances will whine like crazy about this because it's going to force them to get more GvG teams or not control as much. Sorry all your tome'd out 400/400 alts are almost useless now, least you have 10 farms though right?
      I don't have alts for GvG, you're super toxic btw, you're literally teasing people who have lost 100's of hours of work over this update, i'm not one of them but you are kind of acting like a child to be honest.

      I'm just a guy who likes to GvG, and now, the motivation to get better has be decreased a little because the content has been limited to a certain degree, GvG's are now less available to those who like to GvG. Its like being told you can only do your favourite content for 10-20 minutes per day.

      Alot of GvG teams don't GvG because they want as many territories as possible, its because they want to GvG as much as possible. There is a mental disconnect if you believe that the interests of GvG teams align with guild leaders or alliance leaders, we just want the content man.
      Discord: Redsaw#6002

      Think before you speak, just because you feel a certain degree of emotion behind your opinion does not make it a fact.
    • Redsaw wrote:

      Alot of GvG teams don't GvG because they want as many territories as possible, its because they want to GvG as much as possible. There is a mental disconnect if you believe that the interests of GvG teams align with guild leaders or alliance leaders, we just want the content man.
      and what difference does that make?????

      the guild leaders and alliance leaders totally want them to.............so does that make you naive or just sheep?

      and if you 'just want content' how about you join a small guild and help them instead of the conglomerate...?
    • phoebedad wrote:

      Redsaw wrote:

      Alot of GvG teams don't GvG because they want as many territories as possible, its because they want to GvG as much as possible. There is a mental disconnect if you believe that the interests of GvG teams align with guild leaders or alliance leaders, we just want the content man.
      and what difference does that make?????
      the guild leaders and alliance leaders totally want them to.............so does that make you naive or just sheep?

      and if you 'just want content' how about you join a small guild and help them instead of the conglomerate...?
      Because its not about helping guilds, its about getting the content you want... You have to be in a guild to do GvG's.

      The moral high ground that is so obvious to you isn't relevant to GvGers. Its not about helping out the smaller guilds, Guilds with good leadership will attract the right people to them, thats how big guilds with good players come to be, and then you will complain about those guilds for becoming too big.

      Smaller guilds that fail to grow just have bad leadership, unless they don't want to grow.

      Your argument falls into a vicious cycle of complaining.

      The way you speak is so twisted "the conglomorate" you haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about, people who want to GvG join guilds who are able to secure warcamps's, able to provide Crystals, able to provide funding for gear for GvG's. There is no helping guilds that can't even get those basics right.

      You probably consider a guild that can provide those things to be already too strong.
      Discord: Redsaw#6002

      Think before you speak, just because you feel a certain degree of emotion behind your opinion does not make it a fact.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Redsaw ().

    • ViLEuo wrote:

      Either more teams get to GvG or they lose those territories.
      or its the same amount of teams, because both sides are in the same situation, this game is literally designed in a way, especially mercia, that the strongest team will always control it.

      furthermore, its gonna be less amount of teams, because of stupid timers or need to drop a guild because you can't sub for a team from your alliance, making it so theres even smaller player pool
    • Yavshoke wrote:

      Beginner teams just lose most of their motivation. It's one thing to train for half a year for 3 hours for the sake of being able to capture a map. And another thing - for the sake of 1 gvg per day.
      This is probably the most overlooked consequence of this update.
      Discord: Redsaw#6002

      Think before you speak, just because you feel a certain degree of emotion behind your opinion does not make it a fact.
    • Why are people looking at mercia and saying : "thats whats wrong with the game". There has never been a real gvg war that could be described as "good content" in mercia since woke vs oops stopped. The simple reason is that GvG in mercia is too expensive and the guilds sitting in mercia arent sitting there because their teams are unbeatable, but because their pockets are unbeatable.


      If you want to address the issue of people not becoming good in GvG, you need to adress the points i mentioned before, which is that TEAMS dont develop. Most people here look at GvG from a guild perspective and see that certain GUILDS own everything and that is bad, but honestly most of the guilds looking to get towers dont even have actively playing teams / gvgers, just officers who are greedy to get a source of money.
    • MSSJ wrote:

      Why are people looking at mercia and saying : "thats whats wrong with the game". There has never been a real gvg war that could be described as "good content" in mercia since woke vs oops stopped. The simple reason is that GvG in mercia is too expensive and the guilds sitting in mercia arent sitting there because their teams are unbeatable, but because their pockets are unbeatable.
      Truth
    • Pescado wrote:

      Yavshoke wrote:

      Beginner teams just lose most of their motivation. It's one thing to train for half a year for 3 hours for the sake of being able to capture a map. And another thing - for the sake of 1 gvg per day.
      5 players being able to take or hold 1 territory daily seems little impactfull for you? is a LOT just for a 5 players doing
      it really isnt though
      Discord: Redsaw#6002

      Think before you speak, just because you feel a certain degree of emotion behind your opinion does not make it a fact.
    • SirHunter wrote:

      I think many of the ideas make sense but are counterintuitive to a lot of people.

      The devs have thought hard about this and the proposed mechanics are not obvious at first sight. The main reason is that the proposed changes are not meant to operate in the current system with current behavior and instead rely on players changing their behavior, creating a new organization.

      *For example, consolidating gvg times reduces the power of a single team and encourages multiple teams. As a result, the average competitive level of gvg's should fall and this is beneficial as it makes gvg's cost less (need to train less, which is the main cost).

      *Existence of gvg-only guilds within an alliance assumes that the current alliance structure remains the same. However, I think the whole idea here is that after the changes the current alliance structure will not be optimal. Instead, smaller alliances seem favored here.
      Just let them bicker.
    • Give some time zone love to the SEA and OCE timezone PLEASE!, Its been like this for so long.

      BETA 1 mechanics in terms of GvG territories, Guilds can fix their own TIME ZONE was good but I understood why it was changed.

      Lets find a middle ground by giving some GvG time slots or even designated castles/new outposts for these neglected time zones.

      We're forced to become a gathering/ganking guild, occasional dives here and there. But its hard to stay up till 4am for Australians, just to play END GAME content in Albion.

      Free to play is here, Asians are here gathering their ass off time to give OCE / SEA end game content for these guys, come on!