Why are people hyped about skins?

• Why are people hyped about skins?

Hello,
      I think I'm missing something here.
      People seems to be hyped about mount skins.
      Gold price increased by 500 silver just after the news for mount skins.
      But the mount skins will be somewhat only visible to you and people in safe zones.
      Like what is the point spending 15 mil for a skin that only you can see...
      What I'm missing ?
    • AcOrP wrote:

Hello,
      I think I'm missing something here.
      People seems to be hyped about mount skins.
      But the mount skins will be somewhat only visible to you and people in safe zones.
      Like what is the point spending 15 mil for a skin that only you can see...
      What I'm missing ?
      People have large egos that must be stroked with shinies.
      Discord: ChaosCircle#9506
    • I am excited to not have to look at some of the uglier mounts. It's not about flexing my sick elite hardcore PvP mount skins. I just think some of the basic mounts are hideous and would rather look at something nicer.

It's similar to how I tend to play female characters in games. If I am going to have to spend 30-100 hours staring at a butt, I'd rather it be a butt I enjoy looking at.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE
    • As to the question you posed, OP, the thing you're missing is that people get enjoyment out of having something nice to show others. Games are about enjoyment, whatever that means for you.

But, me personally, I have a giant collection of discontinued mounts, and I have already seen the prices of some of these mounts go up by TENFOLD in the past few weeks. So, I'm excited to have made billions thanks to early speculation.

Of course, I'd never sell anything from my collection because then I wouldn't have anything about which to brag. And, that is where I get my enjoyment. Do you see?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Giggle_Herb ().

• Giggle_Herb wrote:

As to the question you posed, OP, the thing you're missing is that people get enjoyment out of having something nice to show others. Games are about enjoyment, whatever that means for you.

But, me personally, I have a giant collection of discontinued mounts, and I have already seen the prices of some of these mounts go up by TENFOLD in the past few weeks. So, I'm excited to have made billions thanks to early speculation.

Of course, I'd never sell anything from my collection because then I wouldn't have anything about which to brag. And, that is where I get my enjoyment. Do you see?
      The collectible mounts were cool.
      Cuz they were rare. they had value and they were tradable.
      Turning them to skins feels stupid to me.
      Example, you have ghost wolf you can go on your ghost wolf around and have fun with it show off role play etc. No one can turn your ghost wolf off and make it show like regular direwolf.
      You can sell your ghost wolf for huge amount of money after using it show off etc.
      Now you have ghost wolf that you can turn into skin. If you do that yes you can wear it as a skin and that is basicaly it.
      You are on a simple direwolf with a skin, you will enjoy it lookin at it. But you no longer have actual ghost wolf that you can sell whenever you are bored with it. There may be better cooler skin in 2 months...
      Same with all the recruiter mounts, you have unique mount that is rare and you can own sell/trade etc.
      Once it is turned into skin it is gone.
    • AcOrP wrote:

I believe that the price went up several days after the Percival live on test server.

Also, no one has actually bought any skins with gold yet on live server.

That suggests that this sudden rise in gold value is at least part speculative. Some rich people are hoarding gold now.

And answer to the question. No, I am not hyped about skins. But it is what it is...
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion | RP Master Thread?
    • ViLEuo wrote:

I don't like it one single bit either...I think it's incredibly stupid to turn actual rare tradable items into skins.
      It makes a ton of sense.

Most players have these rare mounts sitting in a chest. Some proabily never see the light.

People are simply not going to use them in fear of losing them. And if they wont use them, whats the purpose of having them?

By converting them into skins, people will now use them.

Your enemy wont see your nice skin, but atleast your party and guildmates will.

Also, they are still rare tradable items. They can be traded before used. Some of them will get a really high price. Like some those T3 mounts that had absolutely no use in game.
    • Piddle wrote:

They want the big dick energy of sitting in town on their Ghost Wolf, but not have to actually burn up their asset to do it.

Because they are poor and dumb.
      I dont see anything dumb i n keeping your valuable rare mount safe if its gonna keep becoming more valuable with time.

Dumb are those who use it and lose it.They are basically giving a gift to their.enemies...that is if it doesnt trash.
    • Direwolf in ghostwolf costume its just direwolf,same as cat in dog costume is still just cat,no dog!
      So if somewhere in OW I'll see ghostwolf rider,i will laugh and it will always be for me just player on direwolf what he destroyed ghostwolf,same as if you put on your cat a dog costyme,looks funny but still will be just cat.