Solo Dungeons 3 MEN DIVE

• Solo Dungeons 3 MEN DIVE

I was so excited about the new Solo dungeons upcoming on july the 10th ... But I just learned that they can be dived by 3 players

Is this actualy serious ? What's the point of adding them then ??
      This really needs to change ... Im sure more than 90% of players would agree ...

What a disappointment ...
    • 1vs3 shouldn't be impossible to avoid if you can use the dungeon mobs successfully to out maneuver and use A to bounce out.

Run a suit that gives you a healing dash and an invis spell to set up your escape.

3 players diving a dungeon for one player shouldn't even be high on their radar if everything I've read or seen on YouTube holds any weight. Technically they shouldn't even be aware that you're in there unless they follow you in almost immediately afterward. Do you make it a habit of hanging out in the immediate vicinity of the launch point in an RD?
      1.23.40b patch UO Feluccian from Minoc, Pacifica.
    • The reason this is allowed is because these are open world dungeon.

They are not hellgates, and they are not expeditions. I think many players missunderstood the idea of solo dungeons out in the world.

I missunderstood it at first too. However, i came to think that its better this way. Why? Because of the rewards.

If they had done open world expeditions, rewards would have to be really low due to the low risks. People would simply ignore these the same way expeditions are being ignored.

If they had done 1 v 1 hellgates...that would be very messy. Albion is not balanced around 1 v 1 duels. Many weapons would be in a disadvantage. Basically, everyone would run it as a healer, and a fight between 2 healers is extremely boring, sometimes is impossible to win at all as both will be healing to full hp for eternity.

The way these solo dungeons work, allows for a really good amount of fame and rewards for solo players. The rewards are high, but risks are also high.

One thing to note is that you will probabily be able to clear tear 6 dungeons in T4.1 gear, so does it really matters if you get ganked at all? You dont really lose much if you in t4.1. And solo dungeons are gonna be short so you dont even lose much time.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Holoin ().

• I personally don't like how the solo and group dungeons where implemented via portals just seemly dumped in the word. It's just lazy.
      They should require you to at least kill mobs to reveal them e.g. clear a morgana camp and an open world boss mob will appear once killed the dungeon will appear. It isn't locked but at least you had to do something to reveal it rather than just having portals dumped all over the map. If you get a special open world mob the portal tier is higher.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Drift ().

• teopower89 wrote:

Holoin wrote:

Basically, everyone would run it as a healer, and a fight between 2 healers is extremely boring, sometimes is impossible to win at all as both will be healing to full hp for eternity.
      A bit OT, but are you saying the best 1vs1 weapon is some nature staff? Cause clearly it can't be holy. Any build in particular?
      Great Nature staff. In 1 v 1, as long as your opponent doesnt have a healing reduction skill you will win. And even if they have healing reduction, you will be hard to deal with if you are good at 1 v 1. I dont exactly know specific builds for 1 v 1 nature, however I have dueled plenty great natures and they are a pain in the ass, and boring has hell to fight against.

Abd they are also great for dungeons. Some players use Great nature staff to clear group dungeons solo.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Holoin ().

• Holoin wrote:

Great Nature staff. In 1 v 1, as long as your opponent doesnt have a healing reduction skill you will win. And even if they have healing reduction, you will be hard to deal with if you are good at 1 v 1. I dont exactly know specific builds for 1 v 1 nature, however I have dueled plenty great natures and they are a pain in the ass, and boring has hell to fight against.
      So basically they are the anti ganking weapon of choice! But because of no cc and no movement I think not good to escape especially in 1 vs 2
    • teopower89 wrote:

Holoin wrote:

So basically they are the anti ganking weapon of choice! But because of no cc and no movement I think not good to escape especially in 1 vs 2
      1 v 2 is another story. Healers are pretty easy to kill when outnumbered. Abd gankibg mostly works by outnumbering your oponent so...no, healers are not anti gank weapons.
      They are only op in 1 v 1.
    • People don't want free fame, people are only asking for a fair fight, please make SRD like hellgates that once there are 2 people inside no more can enter, this will be healthy 1v1 (at last!) pvp, yes you would have to play smart and counter but at least you have a chance, 1v3 or 1v2 is not a fair fight just skill-less bullying.

Lock these and everyone will be happy!
    • Guys,
      I spoke with some experienced solo player.
      And all are very excited by these changes.
      It will give a great boost on solo encounter or 1v2, the boost to roaming mobs will re make Stonetop AC and Runnel Sink place with lot of interactions.
      Play with 4.1 gear if you're frightened of losing equip...
      You will experience a lot on fighting, get a good fame and solid drops.
      And it will be funny.

The divers will not come in huge parties, I bet, and there are tons of this dungeons.

The only place where will be dangerous are T8 zone. But they are already like this.

I'm craving for this patch!!!
    • Bivins wrote:

When will you people understand it's not for you to have a safe haven from pvpers, but so you don't have to look for a bunch of randoms in the hope of getting good fame from dungeons. Stop crying.
      A lot of people I've seen comment aren't about a safe haven as they are surmountable odds. That's why I agree with others to disallow parties of any kind in SRDs. That in itself would make it more fun as they turn into a place for battle royal type of fighting as trying to use unofficial parties wouldn't allow for healing each other and friendly fire wouldn't be friendly.
    • Gibba wrote:

And if I want to do this solo rdg in 2 instead of soloing it?
      And if I find a golden chest and legendary boss in a 8.3 map? Disallowing parties bring loads of problems...
      Also with ow interactions.. People fleeing inside etc etc
      If you want to group, go to a group dungeon. Otherwise, without modifying how boss chests work, the one that gets it can share with those that help them, Or, if they don't you can fight over it ensuing more PVP.

They're not being called small group dungeons.
    • For me a solo dungeon means solo envirement in both PvE and PvP, in other words only two players without the same IP adress can enter the same dungeon and be hostile to eachother, so not guild members or group members otherwise it will be two man dungeons.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jessie ().