Tank weapon other than Mace/Hammer

• LunaticXD wrote:

For PvE is it possible to keep the aggro without using Mace/Hammer for tanking ? Are swords or axes good enough to keep the aggro on me ? (with plate armor and 300% treat gen).
      the amazing thing about Albion - is that "you are what you wear" and the versatility of builds.

That being said - you actually tank in this game using "armor" (as you've already noted) with the +300% passive skill on the plate armors - not using a "weapon". So the +300% threat is the "staple" of any tank build.

So all you need is any weapon that has a fast spammable AOE (on a Q) and preferably another AOE on either W or on E. If you can have AOE on both Q + E = thats the best.

Swords or Axes work amazingly as tanks... so do Arcane and Curse builds...even bows (Longbow or Badon) can be a tank.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

LunaticXD wrote:

For PvE is it possible to keep the aggro without using Mace/Hammer for tanking ? Are swords or axes good enough to keep the aggro on me ? (with plate armor and 300% treat gen).
      the amazing thing about Albion - is that "you are what you wear" and the versatility of builds.
      That being said - you actually tank in this game using "armor" (as you've already noted) with the +300% passive skill on the plate armors - not using a "weapon". So the +300% threat is the "staple" of any tank build.

So all you need is any weapon that has a fast spammable AOE (on a Q) and preferably another AOE on either W or on E. If you can have AOE on both Q + E = thats the best.

Swords or Axes work amazingly as tanks... so do Arcane and Curse builds...even bows (Longbow or Badon) can be a tank.
      TYVM !! This is exactly what i want to know. But can ask you some more question ? How Arcane mage keep the aggro on them as a tank ? They don't seem to have any spammable aoe or am i missing something.
    • LunaticXD wrote:

TYVM !! This is exactly what i want to know. But can ask you some more question ? How Arcane mage keep the aggro on them as a tank ? They don't seem to have any spammable aoe or am i missing something.
      Arcane uses black Hole for AOE and clump + bubble for extra aggro (bubble creates extra aggro on any plate wearer)

Video is a bit long, skip to 6:30:

• I've only recently got into dungeon crawling, mainly through just randomly hanging out and partying up in front of T4 dungeons, just to kinda get the hang of group combat and the limitations of my hardware etc. (I run AO on a pretty legit MacBook Pro but it still runs pretty choppy at times)

My alt runs T5 flat Knight armor with clarent blade/facebreaker or the gallatine pair (yeah, not really "tanky" I know but she can also run the two handed cleaver or whatever but I like DPS) most people seem to be happy She's around and I'll give the party the option of which version of her should be run. Now, she's not anywhere near full spec, so she's not the best and my personal skills are still underdeveloped, but I think most people are just happy to have a person that can stand there and swing away regardless of the weapon in hand. :-/

I run full artifact T6.1 (specter suit and BL+MC or DG) on my main with the DPS passives, though I'm considering adding a shield to his repertoire for some extra longevity. @Captainrussia - I might be tracking DD214 down on Discord tomorrow or the next day if y'all would have me. It's time to guild up and y'all are in Martlock, right? I've found the dungeon crawling (or really any combat, but I haven't PvP'd yet) thing with a good group to be quite enjoyable, but I need to find a consistent source of people I can rely upon to just farm some fame and build my combat nodes.
      1.23.40b patch UO Feluccian from Minoc, Pacifica.

The post was edited 7 times, last by TheArimatheus ().

• TheArimatheus wrote:

I run full artifact T6.1 (specter suit and BL+MC or DG) on my main with the DPS passives, though I'm considering adding a shield to his repertoire for some extra longevity. @Captainrussia - I might be tracking DD214 down on Discord tomorrow or the next day if y'all would have me. It's time to guild up and y'all are in Martlock, right? I've found the dungeon crawling (or really any combat, but I haven't PvP'd yet) thing with a good group to be quite enjoyable, but I need to find a consistent source of people I can rely upon to just farm some fame and build my combat nodes.
      DD214 - Come and Get It.