Claymore E is still way underpowered

• Claymore E is still way underpowered

Th E was nerfed back before things like Fort sterling Cape and the many many other skills which can now negate the stun.

The E stun should work on mounts again, please put this back to how it was previously.

I have been playing the claymore again for the past few weeks and its in all honesty useless compared to double bladed, claws, bloodletter etc.

Even if the stun is introduced back to work against mounts but make the E a skill shot rather than a channel, this would still be a nice change and add more versatility to the weapon.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Drift ().

• H4n1baL wrote:

I have nothing to do with combat design. Tag @Retroman for combat related things in the future. :)

- Lino
      @Retroman I was told you’re the person to speak to about fixing the claymore, like it’s seriously underpowered and the mechanics could do with an update. Understandably because the claymore in theory is a big heavy sword having channel attacks wouldn’t be bad if it actually did decent damage or had a better effect to it, but it doesn’t and if it still worked on mounted opponents would be amazing too. A skill shot type as people have stated would be nice but there’s definitely an issue with the weapon in terms of scaling with the rest of the melee weapon choices. Could you please look into this or give us some ideas or information to what you could possibly do or find some way to work around this in improving it in anyway from the developers end? Thank you @H4n1baL

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pendragxn ().

• @Retroman

The claymore E is completely out of place on the weapon. The claymore was always a ganking weapon but the heroic charge mechanic is useless for ganking as you cant self stack.

You used to be able to stun mounts which then afforded you a short period of time to get a stack or 2 of heroics on your rooted foe (with using sprint to keep on top of them). This enable you to dismount. You cannot dismount with this weapon anymore its useless for ganking.

The E engage is very low damage without stacks and without the stun you cant use it to get close and then get a few stacks. Look at all the other weapons which CAN stun mounts with similar ranges, some of which are aoe stuns.

With the introduction of the fort sterling Cape which procs on mounted opponents plus the various CC immunity shoes there is very little utility in this weapon now.

As stated earlier the below changes would help:

1. Allow E to stun mounts

2. Potentially make the E a ground target kill shot with small stun radius.

3. Have the E do higher damage when on 0 stacks

It might also be an idea to consider similar changes to what you did with Pike and have the skill not consuming stacks but reduce the E damage.

The sword changes in current balance patch might be useful for the other swords in the line for gvg and zvz but do nothing for the Claymore.

Tldr: give E stun back vs mounted foes, make E a skillshot.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Drift ().

• Drift wrote:

@Retroman

The claymore E is completely out of place on the weapon. The claymore was always a ganking weapon but the heroic charge mechanic is useless for ganking as you cant self stack.

You used to be able to stun mounts which then afforded you a short period of time to get a stack or 2 of heroics on your rooted foe (with using sprint to keep on top of them). This enable you to dismount. You cannot dismount with this weapon anymore its useless for ganking.

The E engage is very low damage without stacks and without the stun you cant use it to get close and then get a few stacks. Look at all the other weapons which CAN stun mounts with similar ranges, some of which are aoe stuns.

With the introduction of the fort sterling Cape which procs on mounted opponents plus the various CC immunity shoes there is very little utility in this weapon now.

As stated earlier the below changes would help:

1. Allow E to stun mounts

2. Potentially make the E a ground target kill shot with small stun radius.

3. Have the E do higher damage when on 0 stacks

It might also be an idea to consider similar changes to what you did with Pike and have the skill not consuming stacks but reduce the E damage.

The sword changes in current balance patch might be useful for the other swords in the line for gvg and zvz but do nothing for the Claymore.

Tldr: give E stun back vs mounted foes, make E a skillshot.
      I think one of the more objective problems is that the broadsword and claymore are too similar. Each weapon in a line tends to be well defined from its counterparts, however broadsword and claymore E are extremely similar, leaving both with a lack of clear identity. I think the broadsword changes fit the intended theme, but for claymore (I believe to be intended to be more of a roaming weapon) would greatly benefit from an untargeted dash on E like you suggest.

However, while there would still be differences between the claymore and carving sword with these changes (stun vs. armor/MR shred) I think we can do even better. Claymore is more of a single target weapon, whereas carving sword is intended to hit multiple enemies. If claymore dash is no longer targeted, make the dash end at the first enemy you collide with. This limits the power of the dash, keeps it clearly defined from the carving sword dash, and preserves the claymore's identity.

I'd want to see how it does on the test server- too strong, make the stun only apply to the enemy hit instead of a small area around where the charge ends. Too weak, adjust stun area/damage.