Optimal Fame Farm Group Size and Composition

• Optimal Fame Farm Group Size and Composition

Hello Community,

In your opinion, what is the optimal fame farm group size considering the following factors:
      - T5/T6/T7 Black Zone Random Dungeon
      - T6 Gear or Equivalent (shooting for economical)

Assuming this is still relevant:
      • Party of 2: no bonus
      • Party of 3: 17% Fame bonus
      • Party of 4: 33% Fame bonus
      • Party of 5-20: 40% Fame bonus
      The guild and I have been discussing this as of late, comparing staying in one group of 7-10 people (which potentially equates to faster kill times and maybe same fame per hour) vs splitting into two groups of 4-5 (which feels more efficient fame / loot wise but is not conclusive).
      Thoughts?!

Bonus:
      Any interesting fame farm group compositions you've come across?
      What are your go to fame farm group comps?

Thank you so much!
    • NetCode wrote:

Hello Community,

In your opinion, what is the optimal fame farm group size considering the following factors:
      - T5/T6/T7 Black Zone Random Dungeon
      - T6 Gear or Equivalent (shooting for economical)

Assuming this is still relevant:
      • Party of 2: no bonus
      • Party of 3: 17% Fame bonus
      • Party of 4: 33% Fame bonus
      • Party of 5-20: 40% Fame bonus
      The guild and I have been discussing this as of late, comparing staying in one group of 7-10 people (which potentially equates to faster kill times and maybe same fame per hour) vs splitting into two groups of 4-5 (which feels more efficient fame / loot wise but is not conclusive).
      Thoughts?!

Bonus:
      Any interesting fame farm group compositions you've come across?

Thank you so much!
      My opinion only...

t5 3-4
      t6-4-5
      etcetc...

maximum fame, t5-3 , t6-4.

fame, i.imgur.com/HpCsjJK.png / imgur.com/a/jiLPgan.. taking breaks on sat , sun.. no taking break on sat /sun.. no data exist [seeing how in the end before i left the game completly the fame farm increased for 1.2mill fame an hour at t5 with 4 player, because i made a rule of not leaving anyone behind on my core run, as leader, we would bring the max number to the t5 core run, however, if we didnt bring a second tank that wasn't needed, i would estimate the run being much higher. you said that the bonus party of 4=33% but we gain more fame at a party of 3 and we tested this before]...

note: the 15mill comes from a party of usually 2
      i.imgur.com/Ky2nlxG.jpg
      i.imgur.com/3w1ELhu.png
      i.imgur.com/swjzfsC.jpg
      i.imgur.com/10isMb9.png
      i.imgur.com/1pLshh8.jpg

the party was increase later to three in the last 2 days of the 15mill
      i.imgur.com/WWcYry6.jpg
      i.imgur.com/7DqduQT.jpg
      i.imgur.com/wuixZhd.jpg

No data on t7 or t8... to DIVING DUNGEON.. DIVING CONSTANTLY, cannot check data unless we were in a guild[edit. by guild i mean a guild that scout the zone constantly in t7 or t8 so we can do 3 uninterrupted run. event then we hear that they still get dived... so meh no data] [and we technically didnt need one with my core run, i wasn't in guild until like 1week ago for lols] and no data for t8
      reasons? spoiler explains why... only click on your leisure... so t5 ,t6. there is your data [1.2mill /h fame corresponding the group of 5 on t6... and 4 on t5, can gain more on t5 if you drop it to 3 good specialize builds]

alittle tiny history information for ya, WARNING! only click if you really want to see the history of random dungeon and how things change do to testing with the group i made, it is a wallpost, you have been warned.
      enter only on your leisure

Display Spoiler

party of 1-3 in t5 or t6 [even a party of 4]are unheard of by the server between march 20- april 4th.. this was because the norm was * you do t7-t8 only for maximum fame* , if you do anything below that you are literally ridicule, the same ridicule if you took a druid or nature to expedition 9+ instead of a holy..... The video that started it all was a vid made by x guild who concluded a solo and a group run t8 was the best farming fame of all time..

this was debunked my core run group where we only stayed in t5 with 3-4 and when darth magus came [which was at the end of march-april] we switch to t6, but only when he came. hence the debunk theory to fact begin for those
      who argue that t7-t8 was best.

can literally see it on the intro of the rumors that t7-t8 are best and that only range should be picked...

here are the rules back then

1. do t7-t8 only
      2. only bring range and holy, [range doesn't get hit, and holy can use holy beam 10 second before it got hit with a huge nerf, thank to all the data tha twas implemented on a forum thread, that 1holy t5 can out match a 300/400 6.1-7.1 druid healer ^,^.. after the nerf later archfiend and mine boss got nerf... sad]..
      3. bring max group to counter divers...

the problem with t7-t8 which i explained when i wasn't making video or into it, was that t5-t6 was hardly dived.. in t5 zone it was almost 1 dived by 2 player who heard about the rumor of duo trio... other than, that me and ironm never got dived pre-f2p... so t5 and mostly t6 was interrupted... t7 when i joined a guild before my core run was made [because of ridicule of using a druid instead of a holy] i lost 12mill right of the bat in constant t7 dived.. and i know t8 dived was even worst.... so we stick to t5 and t6 and pushed the limit and that how the fame per hour came, darth/capt tested this with us at a 1.2mill fame for 5 group in t6.. 1.2mill fame [1.987 to be exact] on a 4 group t5..

the core run was made [where re-started my youtubecareer] to show player who asked me what i was doing during march 25-april 9th before is slow down, quitted and gave away 50mill of my silver teaching newbies...
      as you see in the core run it was uninterrupted, 90-99% weight and we go back home... vs t7-t8 constant dive... and this btw pay attetion! was at april 25th.. after f2p release... Im positive it is not like this anymore [or maybe it is in anglia t5 who knows]...

place of farming. forsterlin.. origin of farm. sidbury, one zone away from cumbria and 2 zone away for creg dub for t6..
      money earned. imgur.com/a/ULWW9k0 60mill from march 25-april 9 [that not including that if you see the vid of, the story you never knew, those who join me gets a 7.1-7.2 weapons and some gear] this was attract player to do runs with me, they are only allow to use that weapon for my run only... ironm never lost the 7.2.. he probably still have it...

though alittle history would enlighten you, [btw skip run where i made the guide, was done 1h before reset, at those time you can do tombraide and open last chest without boss... but my skip run continued 1h before reset earning the above picture money]..... something i taught player ingame before making any vids..
      lastly we debated about that video darth made. took 2 days to release because we were afraid that if this information was spread, we would start seeing dives in t5 and an increase in t6... lucky it didnt..

forgot after spoiler ending credits.

started t8 0spec [i was t6 march 8, but used all my learning point and sold a master fawn for 12 mill, to buy all the books to boost me to t8, because expedition player wouldn't want a druid healer or a wildstaff healer] ended with 400/400 at april 9th.
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs

The post was edited 4 times, last by Finalhecate ().

• defending

best fame i've gotten lately was in a 4-5 man group in T8 randoms, but the likelihood of encountering people is much higher, and with such a small group its nearly impossible to defend against a proper dive... thus it would be "better" to chain T6 RDs in safety with little/no downtime
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

400 Holy Spec
    • gmatagmis wrote:

Party of 7+ mobs gaining anti-zerg bonus, which increase their HP and damage for every player in combat with them above.
      lol is this true or you're just messing? I thought anti-zerg was only on like boss mobs and aspects...

EDIT:

I also started working on the "fame optimization" project a while back, but did not have time/data to fully finish it. @NetCode your numbers for fame are correct, last time they got adjusted in Lancelot Patch #7 Source: albiononline.com/en/changelog/…11.362%20-%20REV%20118022

I came up with a spreadsheet to calculate dungeon clear fame per mob per extra player... and I aligned that for clearing speed:

So the idea here is the "Bonused fame" assuming fame per mob is 1000 fame (can be any value, 1k is just for reference) is how much you'd be getting per party member.

"%Change reduction" is how much less fame you are getting per mob. So for 2 ppl your fame is cut in half, for 3 ppl your fame is cut by 61%.

Speed break-point is then derived - showing how much faster you need to clear the dungeon to get the same fame/unit-of-time (be that min, or better - hour)

But lets assume for easy math it takes you 60min to clear a given tier (say t6) dungeon as a solo and you get 1000 fame/mob. Numbers are made up - but again this is for easy math.

With 2 people you'd have to clear this same dungeon in half the time (i.e 30 min) to get the same fame. If you do it in less time = you get more fame as a duo.

For 3 people you'd have to clear 256% faster or in 23.4 minutes to get the same fame if you do it faster = you get more fame/hr as a trio... etc... etc...

Now calculating the "ultimate best" speed might be a bit tricky... Im not that great at math too... so... maybe I made a mistake somewhere...

The post was edited 10 times, last by Captainrussia ().

• Best Fame Farm Comp:

Incubus Mace + Shield + Knight Helm + Guardian Armor + Hunter Shoes + Infernal Cape + Sandwhich + Minor Poison (Tank)

Regular Bow + Mage Cowl + Cleric Robe + Cleric Sandals + Thetford Cape + Stew + Minor Poisons (Boss killing DPS)

Great Cursed Staff + Mage Cowl + Cleric Robe + Cleric Sandals + Infernal Cape + Stew + Minor Poisons (AoE DPS)

Blazing Staff + Mage Cowl + Cleric Robe + Cleric Sandals + Infernal Cape + Stew + Minor Poisons (AoE DPS)

Fallen Staff + Druid Cowl + Cleric Robe + Cleric Sandals + Lymhurst Cape + Omelette + Minor Poisons (Healer)

Don't run T8s due to divers, stick with T6/T7.
      Discord: ChaosCircle#9506

Neighborhood Watch is always recruiting!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Abydon ().

• gmatagmis wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

lol is this true or you're just messing?
      You may check max HP of mobs, while FF in party of 7+. It's true.
      I didn't say I was doubting you, this is good to know I guess. Im just really surprised I've never really noticed this...

(I just never really FF in 7+, maybe in 2017 when Camlaan and those Red Zone open dungeons were a thing). And with Percival you are very unlikely to see me in anything but solo :P

EDIT:

Abydon wrote:

Best Fame Farm Comp:

Incubus Mace + Shield + Knight Helm + Guardian Armor + Hunter Shoes + Infernal Cape + Sandwhich + Minor Poison (Tank)

Regular Bow + Mage Cowl + Cleric Robe + Cleric Sandals + Thetford Cape + Stew + Minor Poisons (Boss killing DPS)

Great Cursed Staff + Mage Cowl + Cleric Robe + Cleric Sandals + Infernal Cape + Stew + Minor Poisons (AoE DPS)

Blazing Staff + Mage Cowl + Cleric Robe + Cleric Sandals + Infernal Cape + Stew + Minor Poisons (AoE DPS)

Fallen Staff + Druid Cowl + Cleric Robe + Cleric Sandals + Lymhurst Cape + Omelette + Minor Poisons (Healer)

Don't run T8s due to divers, stick with T6/T7.
      I don't think this is the best comp. But I dont mean this to diss or belittle you. First of all nobody is wearing cultist sandals (tank should for sure) because it cuts off a lot of time from clearing speed (here I go again ruining market with the info I release, j/k j/k). Second of all certain tiers (like up to t6) can be ran without a tank at all. Bringing 5 DPS (5 - as in your example) would melt dungeons with lightning speeds. Again - this is just something to consider.

I would be interested to start tracking some clearing times (numbers) per dungeon type per composition per player # though.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Captainrussia ().

• NetCode wrote:

As for setup, there few utilities which noticeably speed up farming process.
      Incubus mace. Increase damage taken by mobs by 33%.
      Damnation staff. Increase damage taken by mobs by ~40%.
      Stalker hood. Makes mobs to melt after 50% HP, like incubus and damnation together.
      Blazing beamed by arcane. A highest AOE DPS in the game.
      Specter jacket. Good tunneling damage from nowhere.
      Great Axe. Good tunneling damage.
      Great arcane.Time freeze cc mobs for 4 sec and does not prevent damage to mobs.

Top setup may looks like.
      Tanky Incubus compressor.
      Great Axe with stalker hood and specter jacket.
      Damnation with royal jacket and assassin hood.
      Blazing with royal hood and royal sandals.
      Great arcane with royal jacket and assassin hood.
      Great nature / Divine healer.
      WTB skill

The post was edited 9 times, last by gmatagmis ().

• Captainrussia wrote:

(I just never really FF in 7+, maybe in 2017 when Camlaan and those Red Zone open dungeons were a thing). And with Percival you are very unlikely to see me in anything but solo :P

EDIT:
      your team was 6 majority in MG if you remember until you joined mine. Unless you went to those 7 and didnt notice it cause pre-occupied.
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
    • gmatagmis wrote:

NetCode wrote:

As for setup, there few utilities which noticeably speed up farming process.Incubus mace. Increase damage taken by mobs by 33%.
      Damnation staff. Increase damage taken by mobs by ~40%.
      Stalker hood. Makes mobs to melt after 50% HP, like incubus and damnation together.
      Blazing beamed by arcane. A highest AOE DPS in the game.
      Specter jacket. Good tunneling damage from nowhere.
      Great Axe. Good tunneling damage.
      Great arcane.Time freeze cc mobs for 4 sec and does not prevent damage to mobs.
      cultist shoes decreases the resistance of mob by 40+

Top setup may looks like.
      Tanky Incubus compressor.
      Great Axe with stalker hood and specter jacket.
      Damnation with royal jacket and assassin hood.
      Blazing with royal hood and royal sandals.
      Great arcane with royal jacket and assassin hood.
      Great nature / Divine healer.
      added one just incase
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs