life steal mechanics

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• life steal mechanics

life still nerfed? , life of the mobs reduced? Where does this calibration go?

with the passive of live theft in the live server after the new change in the test server practically stolen more life in the live server than here. The helion? practically the same.
      I do not understand these changes or if they will be the final ones but it seems that everything is on the way to the life steel ends up practically working as the unusable passive of the fighters works right now on live server. ?( ?( ?(
      Somos dulces , somos venganza

Sweet Revenge :evil:
    • tomipio wrote:

life still nerfed? , life of the mobs reduced? Where does this calibration go?

with the passive of live theft in the live server after the new change in the test server practically stolen more life in the live server than here. The helion? practically the same.
      I do not understand these changes or if they will be the final ones but it seems that everything is on the way to the life steel ends up practically working as the unusable passive of the fighters works right now on live server. ?( ?( ?(
      Mobs have now more armor instead of HP which is diminished with Reaver bonus, so overall damage across tiers and Reaver levels is more or less the same. This makes the life steal mechanics much lower since before you could steal more than 100 HP per second, which was quite OP.
    • Live server

1 hand separ 400/400 + helion jacket passives on life steal

tested in a t7 mob shiftshadow (no random dungeon mob)

life steal per shot + 3 Q charges

"20"

Test server

"Same build"

Tested in a t7 shiftshadow (no random dungeon mob)

life steal per shot + 3 Q charges

"21"

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: its the same

it is as if they were adjusting everything so that it has practically the same values as the live server passive only with other "functionality"

Same test in t8 mob

Live server

20 hp per tick whit 3 q spear

test server

20 hp per tick whit 3 q spear.
      Somos dulces , somos venganza

Sweet Revenge :evil:

The post was edited 2 times, last by tomipio ().

• Damage you deal vs mobs is now unified across all tiers due to shift from bonus HP to bonus armor/resistances of mobs, which is diminished by Reaver bonus.

Currently on live server mobs have high HP and Reaver bonus increases your damage vs high tier mobs in a way it's balanced for each tier but makes you deal low dmg vs low tier mobs and much higher damage vs high tier mobs.

With Percival, bonus HP of mobs will be replaced with bonus armor so you will deal similar damage vs all tiers of mobs. This change shouldn't make much of a difference tho as time to kill mobs will stay the same.
    • @Dagother Yes , i remember. Was testing it few days ago and now with same setups. (around 10 + - builds , on the same mobs)

Few short examples.

1. Specter jacket now is one of the best armor pieces for farming , mobs are melting very fast right now on the test server.
      2. Any minus armor builds , are now less effective (and on some mobs are more effective, it is some crazy shit). Especially with stalker hood.
      ---------------

The most important change - its not only the time you waste on killing mobs, it is now more about how much resource you will waste/or save to kill mobs (HP/Energy/Spells).

Globally PvE was changed drastically , if you will take a look on each existed mob more closely. However, new players will not even notice this change.
      -------------

Ill repeat myself again , i love this change. But it needs more careful balance.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Equart ().

• Equart wrote:

@Dagother Yes , i remember. Was testing it few days ago and now with same setups. (around 10 + - builds , on the same mobs)

Few short examples.

1. Specter jacket now is one of the best armor pieces for farming , mobs are melting very fast right now on the test server.
      2. Any minus armor builds , are now less effective (and on some mobs are more effective, it is some crazy shit). Especially with stalker hood.
      ---------------

The most important change - its not only the time you waste on killing mobs, it is now more about how much resource you will waste/or save to kill mobs (HP/Energy).

Globally PvE was changed drastically , if you will take a look on each existed mob more closely. However, new players will not even notice this change.
      -------------

Ill repeat myself again , i love this change. But it needs more careful balance.
      I think they just broke the game (in terms of breaking like all the meta builds?) also shouldnt armor reduction work better as mobs actually got more armor and less HP?

And finally how does lifesteal look in PVP? (I tested PVE and made a video and stealing 50-60 HP per hit on a 2 hander seemed nice and was fun, felt like DOTA or LOL lifesteal actually) - I just tested 3 min ago, and now Im stealing 11 pts of life on hit with a 2h from t8 mobs = useless.

Is it as useless in PVP?
    • Equart wrote:

@Captainrussia This change was made only to balance PvE aspect of the game. (it was really OP) This new lifesteal is much better in PvP.
      ok Im glad... do you remember what the values were vs what armor you were fighting against?

I would imagine life-steal vs cloth to be highest (lower armor = highest auto-attack DMG), vs leather being medium, and of course being crap vs plate...
    • Dagother wrote:

TorpidAnima wrote:

New PVE armor/hp setup makes the solo boss in Runnel Sink dungeon impossible using t6 gear. I hit him for little over 400 (max rooting smash) and he is hitting close to 1150. I'll have to test a few other areas but everything seems pretty wack atm.
      Hey, do you remember which faction and which boss was it?
      I am heading out now to retest with 1080 IP sets.

The mob that was too difficult was the Undead Governor boss. I retested today and so far the Undead Condemned Swordmaster/Deathmaster/Sharpshooter all were quite easy. Did not run into the Governor again but the other bosses all seem quite easy today.

The post was edited 2 times, last by TorpidAnima ().