Percival Update - Gender Reassignment

• Percival Update - Gender Reassignment

Proper customization coming into Albion is extremely exciting and is personally what I'm most excited for with the arrival of Percival (solo dungeons being a close second). However, it has come to my attention that we will continue to be locked to our current gender, which I find incredibly dissatisfying. Some players have had their characters for an incredibly long time and shouldn't be confined to the decision they made months, if not years ago, when the models were different, and there were far less options.

In short, I simply want more freedoms for players to express themselves, which is why I'm so excited for this update, and so dissatisfied with this continued restriction.

Thank you for reading my brief yet heartfelt post. (´。• ᵕ •。`)
    • Crane wrote:

Explain why being locked to a gender, the gender you selected your character to be, is dissatisfying?
      The same reason being locked to anything is dissatisfying. The entire point of the update is so that you can express yourself and customize your character how you want. Gender is entirely vanity in Albion, and since this is an entirely vanity update it seems like an oversight for players to continue to be restricted (lol?) to the gender they selected, sometimes a very long time ago. Again, the models are changing and there may be gender-locked clothing and hairstyles (which I also disagree with, however, that's a topic for a different post) which rather large populations of the game would have to create an entirely new character to experience, leaving behind months or years of progress.
      Your post in general seems pointless and if gender were replaced with, say hair, becomes ridiculous. Nobody would ever say "Explain why being locked to a hairstyle/hair color, the hairstyle/hair color you selected your character to have, is dissatisfying?" If you think customization doesn't matter, that's fine. The update isn't for you and is for others, which I hope you have the empathy to respect.
    • "The entire point of the update is so that you can express yourself and customize your character how you want."

Yea, I disagree on that.

Sure we are getting cosmetic skin changes this patch, but that ain't the focus. The focus is on the single player experience.

Maybe I am just old school, but when you create a character, there are certain things you can't change. Do you want your character to have boobs or not? What's next, do you want to flip your name around every week because 'You feel more like Tammy today than Tom?".
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • When I said "the update" I simply meant the customization part of Percival, and not the entirety of it. Name changes are an entirely different issue, and comparing gender to them is pretty dishonest. Changing your name is an inconvenience for others, whether that be moderators, the technical aspect of freeing up names, or simply to the people on your friends list. Comparing gender to hair, as I did, is far more accurate in reality, it's vanity. Changing names would allow players to express themselves more but there are pros and cons where gender reassignment is simply pros. I see no reasons not allow player's to decide they want to change their gender other than the technical difficulty, which I believe the engineers at SBI can figure out, and good old fashion transphobia.

I can see why people may be indifferent to gender reassignment, but being against it seems ludicrous.

The post was edited 2 times, last by HumbleHokage ().

• Crane wrote:

You are playing the wrong game; it's not just vanity.

Your reputation in Albion is crucial.

You just don't seem to see the consequences of allowing players to change name/everything on the fly.

Think about it. Think about using that enter key. Just think.
      Nobody asked for a name change. He asked for an entirely cosmetic gender change. I have no issue with Fred the Barbarian continuing to be a dude, but I could care less if someone wants to make their character female.
    • Hey @HumbleHokage!

Thanks for your feedback. As I've mentioned before, gender change is not off the table. It's just way more complicated to implement than a simple hair model change for example. This has nothing to do with transphobia. If we easily could, we would have already implemented it.
      It's possible that gender change is coming with the following content update, but I can't make promises.

- Lino
    • @H4n1baL

I totally understand SBI isn't transphobic (nor did I mean to imply it), rather I think anyone who would oppose an entire cosmetic update, such as this, is. I totally understand, and even self-admitted, there would be technical issues with an update such as this. I imagine one difficulty is the handling of icons (since male and female players have different icons available and unlock different ones through the destiny board). Still I think it's a pretty reasonable thing to invest resources into, especially since now cosmetics are seemingly going to play a larger role than they did before.

"I see no reasons not allow player's to decide they want to change their gender other than the technical difficulty, which I believe the engineers at SBI can figure out..." - Me at a point of enlightenment.

@BriarMoss

I don't know how you continue to go on, you're so strong. ;(

The post was edited 1 time, last by HumbleHokage ().

• All I gotta say is, ive been playing this game and on this char for 800 hours now. long time (as A girl)

Tbh Some of the ways the player Hold weapons or just some of sounds the females make gets old

I would like it if we could change maybe for like 100 gold who gives.

It wouldnt be hard for them and no would give a rats ass....

Like a t8 tank in guardian the female looks some pussy flaps in the shoulder pads.... And it looks like theyre breaking their back holding any weapon under handed ie
      any staff
    • H4n1baL wrote:

Hey @HumbleHokage!

Thanks for your feedback. As I've mentioned before, gender change is not off the table. It's just way more complicated to implement than a simple hair model change for example. This has nothing to do with transphobia. If we easily could, we would have already implemented it.
      It's possible that gender change is coming with the following content update, but I can't make promises.

- Linoyou
      Awhhh you can do it I believe in SBI