feedback on solo RDs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• feedback on solo RDs

1) tier 8 is easy done in flat 4 including purple boss with high clear speed assumin high spec
      2) you run directly to the boss, the mobs are trash, not an issue in F4
      3) cause of 2) nobody will gank you, no gank team runs 2 mins in a dungeon to check a boss for a f4 guy
      4) Content is of no interest for me, because a T8 boss on a purple chest is 20 k
      5) if i go for fame, i solo T6 keeper group dungeons in F4 and just skip mobs in Flat 4 it is 5 xthe fame same time assumed
      6) solo T5 RDs are trash, regarding fame and rewards, stonetop on top is way more fame and reward, so open world is better, especially after buff // boss blue was 4 k in T5 solo RD
      7) loot: purple chest is 60 k silver in T8 dungeon // loot table was trash can be issue of black market on test
      8) amount of solo RDs is low, 40-50 on mob as dev said, i cannot confirm..it is max 10
      9) the solo rd i did was exact the same as the group but mobs tuned down.

==> Solo was always a problem, nothing was even close to be interesting or rewarding except solo 2 man hg

With the current state of solo RD, the issue of useful solo content has not changed for me. Skipping an entire T8 dungeons for a boss with 50 k silver and 20 k fame is just ...at least for my options even solo ..a waste of time.
    • I did a half dozen SRDs (at least 1 at every tier) in bow-cleric robe + graveguard helmet - guardian boots - t4 poison pots - fish - lymhurst cape. This is the same build I can solo the low tier keeper group dungeons in. I think it is a decent PvE build. My avg IP was 900 (bow 950).

I found all of the SRDs easy. I essentially never had to stop and let a cooldown or my health regen. Don't know if I even need to use a fish to get good fame/hr I might use beef stew instead. Only a regular T8 map (where mobs are 16% stronger) was requiring me to use my armor cooldowns and poison pot to keep the tempo up. My IP was in the T6-T7 range so I feel those dungeons are too easy for a decent pve build. Not sure about how the average solo weapon will fare. The fame for T4-T7 was okay. T8 fame was a significant jump up from T7.

I only saw the exploding barrels and the 3 pronged rotating lightning traps. They seem cool. The new mobs are interesting. The keeper bears have a charge and an annoying knockback.

I wish the dungeon entrance graphic was themed around the type of dungeon. The bright green gash is garish.

Personally I would like to see more difficulty and more fame, but that is the perspective with only 1 build.
    • Liked it:

I got lucky and got a legendary boss in T8. Loot in t7 was pretty good, so was t8 (but t8 was legi - so its a one off)

I tried to eyeball the fame, and t5 gave me 40k (because I cleared it all) in 10 mins = 240k/hr. But of course it diffcult to find sRD back to back. I even have a theory that only going for sRD is a waste of time... the real fame coming in clearing the newly buffed roaming mobs (25% fame buff) and chaining then with the sRD.

I agree that some maps I had to go through 1/4 (quarter) of the map and not find a single sRD, on others I saw 3 sRD newx to one other.... not sure if buggy or what...

Main highlights:

1) SRD t5-t8 were fairly easy for a solo (I only dropped to red HP in t7 and actually got downed in t8 - but thats because I was doing it for the 1st time, in a random build [was using my group RDG build] not knowing the mobs or mechanics). I was also trying to speed run it to get the video done and uploaded asap.
      SRD being easy for a solo makes sense, because you're expected to meet PVP there. I was also using a pretty expensive 6.1 set, with some mixed in artifacts (its my regular group RDG set)

2) On some maps it took me qite a while to find the sRG entry portal. Not sure if glitch, or they are just that scarce. It almost feels that looking just for the solo sRD could be a waste of time - and its better to do them in conjunction with roaming mobs. Then when you find a sRD entrance - you go it,

3) Roaming mobs fame got a pretty massive buff of 25%. So doing them in t6 is same as doing them in t7 zone in the old days. If I recall my old fame/hr in t7 zone (Stonetop Sink) was between 300-400k/hr solo, that theoretically means that now I can get either the same fame in t6 zone or I can get 600k/hr in Stonetopo Sink - which is pretty amazing for a solo.

4) Loot seemed surprisingly "good enough, but not OP", about the same crap I'd be getting in a 3-5man in group RDG. Until I got to t7 sRD and got a cub and then t8 I had a legendary chest which had a lot of maps and dropped some nice goodies. I got lucky on my 1st run through to be able to capture that on video I guess.

5) some of the shrine buffs are interesting... The 25% reflect buff and 2% HP regain would wreck any solo/duo gankers trying to dive me. I wish it lasted a bit longer.

6) Traps. the "poison pool" trap will decloak anyone (because damage). Otherwise not enough data to see their usability or ability "to be challenging" but it was something new and fresh - so I liked it.

Overall - great job to the Developers, and I really enjoyed this new content.

EDIT: 26:05 - Legendary T8 boss with Golden Chest!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Captainrussia ().

• I like that there is no IP cap in the solo random dungeons in the blue / yellow zones. And the fame is about double or more compared to T5 solo expedition. So I am happy :) Loot is not anything fancy, but did not expect that.

Red T6 seemed very nice. Loot was good but like it was said there are less dungeons so risk of getting dived is real.
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ravenar ().

• I tried t8 dungeons with dagger pair, not the fastest weapon, but it cleared it easily.

Also did an 8.2 morgana map with lots of interesting new mobs! I wasnt able to kill purple end boss that spawns rifts over and over (no aoe dmg screwed me over) this map was VERY challenging for my 7.1-7.2 set (dagger pair,cultist robe, royal helmet and assassin boots)

The small amount of t8 rifts worries me, theres gona be alot more 'groups' of people running these compared to grouped rds. Plus, you are easily ganked inside an rd, if a player(s) just waits inside it, he/they can attack the dungeoneer without him having a chance of getting out(loses bubble on channeling out) or fighting bk (spell cd).
      Rarity of portals + gank mechanics wont allow me to use my 7.2 gear somewhat safely.
      End conclusion: really good solo content! Scared of losing good gear without putting out a fight, so ill prob bring a cheaper set. Famewise its rather low, but doesnt need to change, grouped content should always be better than solo. Silverwise i dunno, didnt check silver drops. Lootwise; a shitton of maps?! First solo rd i got 4 t8 maps and a t7, first t8 dung also got me a tier8 bag and a few runes/souls which aint bad.
    • Alkatrim wrote:

I tried t8 dungeons with dagger pair, not the fastest weapon, but it cleared it easily.

Also did an 8.2 morgana map with lots of interesting new mobs! I wasnt able to kill purple end boss that spawns rifts over and over (no aoe dmg screwed me over) this map was VERY challenging for my 7.1-7.2 set (dagger pair,cultist robe, royal helmet and assassin boots)

The small amount of t8 rifts worries me, theres gona be alot more 'groups' of people running these compared to grouped rds. Plus, you are easily ganked inside an rd, if a player(s) just waits inside it, he/they can attack the dungeoneer without him having a chance of getting out(loses bubble on channeling out) or fighting bk (spell cd).
      Rarity of portals + gank mechanics wont allow me to use my 7.2 gear somewhat safely.
      End conclusion: really good solo content! Scared of losing good gear without putting out a fight, so ill prob bring a cheaper set. Famewise its rather low, but doesnt need to change, grouped content should always be better than solo. Silverwise i dunno, didnt check silver drops. Lootwise; a shitton of maps?! First solo rd i got 4 t8 maps and a t7, first t8 dung also got me a tier8 bag and a few runes/souls which aint bad.
      With today's update on the test server amount of high tier solo random dungeons was increased.
    • - Fame Experience: I tested all sRD, and I can say, fame for srd is disappointing, fame per mob and the amount of mobs in the dungeon is too low, you get 10~13 minutes in the dungeon to do 40k~60k fame (t6 and t7 dungon has a minimum difference of total exp).They could put at least a adepts tome of insight in the last chest according to the rank of sRD and increase fame for each trash mob for a better experience.

- Loot in the sRD:... its ok. I think that in srd the loot really should be something secondary, fame should be the main factor, so I think loot is good

- Difficult: some boss are really fun to do, some bosses are fun to do and have a good fighting mechanicBut overall it's easy, there could be more mobs elites and trash mobs to raise the difficult and fame exp