Issues with naming mounts and animals

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Issues with naming mounts and animals

Hello there,

as an animal lover and a future veterinarian, I have a few issues.

1)

This is not a bloodhound, this is clearly a Rottweiler.

I was so excited to get a bloodhound mount/skin. It is not a bloodhound:

So you may be like, oh it's a bloodhound, it's a dog that is blood thirsty, blahblahblah. But, NO! Because there is a St. Bernard and a Husky appropriately named.

Second concern:

Things are labeled as pups when they are not pups, such as lizards, maybe using a word like hatchling would be better. Or perhaps calling a baby ox, an oxen.

Anyways, thanks for all you do and all the content you provide. I'm really enjoying playing AO again.

<3
      <3 xoxo Rest in Pieces xoxo <3
      discord.gg/8cXMCuK

The post was edited 1 time, last by QueenVirgo ().

• QueenVirgo wrote:

Hello there,

1)

So you may be like, oh it's a bloodhound, it's a dog that is blood thirsty, blahblahblah. But, NO! Because there is a St. Bernard and a Husky appropriately named.

Second concern:

Things are labeled as pups when they are not pups, such as lizards, maybe using a word like hatchling would be better. Or perhaps calling a baby ox, an oxen.

Anyways, thanks for all you do and all the content you provide. I'm really enjoying playing AO again.

<
      Point well taken - I've been meaning to update "Rottweiler" for awhile. "Pups" should mostly now be corrected to things like "cub", "hatchling", and "baby X", but let me know if you still find errors.

And for "Baby Ox", I assume that would be "Ox Calf" - "oxen" is simply the plural. I'll look into that one as well.
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Point well taken - I've been meaning to update "Rottweiler" for awhile. "Pups" should mostly now be corrected to things like "cub", "hatchling", and "baby X", but let me know if you still find errors.

And for "Baby Ox", I assume that would be "Ox Calf" - "oxen" is simply the plural. I'll look into that one as well.
      As un-dickish as possible, i don't want to be trying to remember the biologically and phonetically different baby animal names when I'm playing a video game.

Pup and Cub bro.
    • MEATCUP wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

As un-dickish as possible, i don't want to be trying to remember the biologically and phonetically different baby animal names when I'm playing a video game.
      Pup and Cub bro.
      Pups and Cubs, as far as the eye can see in Albion Online!
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

QueenVirgo wrote:

Hello there,

1)

Second concern:

<

Thank you for reading and acknowledging this!

MEATCUP wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Pup and Cub bro.
      Learning is fun, never stop learning.
      <3 xoxo Rest in Pieces xoxo <3
      discord.gg/8cXMCuK