Testserver Patch Notes - Percival Update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 2 July: added the following under Mob Changes:

Higher-tier mobs now have more armor instead of more health to compensate for the player's Reaver bonus damage. This means player damage dealt to mobs will be more or less equal across tiers - for example, if you deal 100 damage versus a tier 4 mob you will deal 90 damage versus a tier 8 mob. Previously, if you dealt 100 damage versus Tier 4 you would deal 400 damage versus Tier 8.

Along with this change, the damage of poison potions versus mobs has been reduced to one-third of its previous value.
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

2 July: added the following under Mob Changes:

Higher-tier mobs now have more armor instead of more health to compensate for the player's Reaver bonus damage. This means player damage dealt to mobs will be more or less equal across tiers - for example, if you deal 100 damage versus a tier 4 mob you will deal 90 damage versus a tier 8 mob. Previously, if you dealt 100 damage versus Tier 4 you would deal 400 damage versus Tier 8.

Along with this change, the damage of poison potions versus mobs has been reduced to one-third of its previous value.
      did life-steal get a huge nerf then? I was so hyped I was life-stealing for like 50-60/hit in my video with Greataxe, and now we're back to square 1 to life-steal being pretty much useless like it was pre-patch?

EDIT: yup, just tested, Lifesteal is back to being useless, Life-stealing for 11 per hit with a 6.1 two-hander

The post was edited 1 time, last by Captainrussia ().

• Captainrussia wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

did life-steal get a huge nerf then? I was so hyped I was life-stealing for like 50-60/hit in my video with Greataxe, and now we're back to square 1 to life-steal being pretty much useless like it was pre-patch?
      EDIT: yup, just tested, Lifesteal is back to being useless, Life-stealing for 11 per hit with a 6.1 two-hander
      Yeah it did receive a big nerf, maybe a bit too much actually - it's actually less hp/attack than on live except for specific builds that can increase auto-attack dmg by a lot (spears, daggers...)
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

So am I right in thinking that this will slow down higher tier fame farming? Since you'll be doing less damage on T7/8 mobs than you currently do, so fame per hour is less?

clap
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

So am I right in thinking that this will slow down higher tier fame farming? Since you'll be doing less damage on T7/8 mobs than you currently do, so fame per hour is less?
      no man their health is lowered too, so killtime per mob should be more or less thesame.
    • The value to determine how much a mob can take before it dies is called Effective Hit Points or short EHP.

Since we don't have any automatic mitigation mechanics in Albion (e.g. dodge, parry) EHP can be computed simply by dividing their HP with their damage reduction.
      So for example a mob with 1000 HP and 60% damage reduction from armor would have 2500 EHP (1000 / (1 - 0.6)).

Before this change we used a factor to increase the HP of mobs as much as the reaver bonus increased the players damage.
      So versus a Tier 8 mob the damage is increased by 330% so we increase the mobs health by 330% also.

To come back to our first example the mobs HP would now be 1000 * (1 + 3.3) = 4300 HP and again with 60% reduction it makes 10750 EHP.
      After the change the mob now keep their 1000 HP but their damage reduction is increased to 90.7%. This results in 10753 EHP.

So overall the amount of hits a mob can take from a player before and after the patch is about the same.

There are some side effects we are not happy with but those will be tackled in a future patch.
    • I did a little testing today. Did this hp/damage reduction change affect the player defence against mobs? I did not really compare to live server, but it seemed to me that mobs in red zones / srd hit a little harder now?

In yellow srd I had no issues fighting 5-6 mobs at the same time but in red they really hurt you.

I might collect some data later, but maybe the testers could also take a look if reaver defence bonus was affected by the change.

Thanks!

Btw, starting to really like this update :thumbup:
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion
    • MEATCUP wrote:

@Thorn-Delwyn With the changes to IP cap in blue/yellow zones;

Do you expect an influx of griefers?
      Is the expectation that the benefit of the IP cap removal will outweigh the potential opportunities for ganks, especially faction related?
      Do you have a brief on what the basis for this decision was?
      Good question btw.
      1) Im also curious if this will lead to more higher tier gear trashing (always good for the economy I guess). Also the IP cap in general did not make sense to me when it was added into the game. (Originally there was no IP caps in Blue/Yellow), it was more of a "band-aid solution" to when Yellow HG were not lethal and people in high tier gear were abusing them. This is no longer an issue (you now die in Yellow I believe? Only in Blue you get knocked down? They made so many god-damn changes to these, my brain can't track this lol).

2) Also as the general direction of this game is to copy everything from EVE Online - Eve has no "IP or power or skill" cap in any zone... so having one in Albion makes no sense in that retrospect (if you disagree that AO is like 90% copy of EVE - skip this line).

3) I remember that Yellow and Blue zone Faction bosses were changed a while back to be "soloable" (or duo-able at least) and I was adamantly posting that this change was broken (the change/nerf to bosses was not enough) because the Blue and Yellow IP caps still nerf your gear into the ground, so you cannot come solo in t7.1 to solo/duo those bosses. Conclusion: with IP cap removal = more solo/duo content in Yellow Zones for Faction Warfare which includes both PVE and PVP. Thats a win-win. Along with now higher tier being used and trashed, this is good for market - so overall the IP removal change is win-win-win.

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Most likely this means that the "fast clear" meta will have to change. Which is well... normal in a big picture of any game updates and balance changes. Because historically - the meta always changes when a big patch with changes hits (look at WoW, EVE, DOTA, even StarCraft - basically any game).

Changing up the meta now and then I guess is good. And its something I've been so used to for the past 20+ years of gaming...
      Newbs cry when meta changes - vets rejoice, that something new can now be used and they have more skills/builds to brainstorm to figure out.

EDIT: Im going to take a wild guess, but just "eyballing it" - these changes will nerf solo RDG farming, because:
      1) Poison pots got nerfed by 60% (DMG reduced to 30% of whats on live) - so good luck soloing RDG bosses
      2) "Cheese" builds (like 1h holy) don't have armor pierce...so with higher armor = SOLO clear speed will slow down

The post was edited 3 times, last by Captainrussia ().