Guild Leader missing, no way of transfer

• Guild Leader missing, no way of transfer

Hello, I'm Jagere from Crimson Imperium Reborn. Our guild is having a problem. Guild leader Hirihito has been missing due to moving to China, where he is not allowed to play this game or get on Discord function. This game is about politics and communications between leaders. So right now, Hirihito is getting messages from people that we need to talk to for political reasons. We waited a month for him to come on at least once, but it seems he has not connected.

So far, we need to allow guild leader be passed down to the player "Skraw."

Reforming again is pointless to leave our resources and profits, ESPECIALLY, investing so much into the guild. Also, its silly to reform and get ourselves reset in the season. It hurts the players in guilds to allow to this happen.
    • Jagere wrote:

Hello, I'm Jagere from Crimson Imperium Reborn. Our guild is having a problem. Guild leader Hirihito has been missing due to moving to China, where he is not allowed to play this game or get on Discord function. This game is about politics and communications between leaders. So right now, Hirihito is getting messages from people that we need to talk to for political reasons. We waited a month for him to come on at least once, but it seems he has not connected.

Reforming again is pointless to leave our resources and profits, ESPECIALLY, investing so much into the guild. Also, its silly to reform and get ourselves reset in the season. It hurts the players in guilds to allow to this happen.
      As far as I know there's nothing the Devs can do about it because it interferes with the idea of Sandbox and it cannot be verified that a gm really wants to pass leadership... cuz otherwise he would have done it...
      Guild leadership must be passed manually to another player. Your gm should have passed leadership before leaving if that's what he wanted to...
      Otherwise, if there is no one with the guild leader's rights, then simply create a separate guild. If you have someone that can physically do what a gm can (launch attacks, kick ppl, etc, etc) your guild as it is can have a political representative.
      Beware that there have been plenty of situations where players have created guilds, taxed the players, and then left, just to return after a while when there's no one around anymore to get the tax silver... idk if that's the case, but it happened...
    • Well in the past after a period of time, absent guild leaders and absent guilds have been allowed to be claimable, this is no different to those occasion and to just flat say nothing can be done isn't acceptable.

If someone who runs a guild dies, what happens then?

'Sorry you have to make a new guild'.

Not acceptable.

Its's 2019, have empathy with the player base and show consistency and common sense. It being a sandbox has zero relevance in this matter.
      Pre Patch 16 UO Player - Casual PK/Carebear Crafter - Now Old.
    • The guikd master owns the guild, not the guild members. This is part of the drama that is allowed in the game.

If your leader did not passed leadership, it means he did not wanted anyone else to be leader of that guild. If he happens to have an accident and die, well, all its members have really bad luck then.

The devs cannot interfere in this situation.

You guys will need make a new guild. Break all building from island and home territories to obtain back materials...that us if you guys have the permissions. If not... you are screwed. Your leader has all the fault for not passing leadership.

Devs cannot do anything against bad decisitions that guild leaders make. Even if losses are big.
    • MrsLove wrote:

Barathorn wrote:

Well in the past after a period of time, absent guild leaders and absent guilds have been allowed to be claimable
      Are u sure about this info? What's the source of it?
      Also, try typing a support ticket.
      100% certain from various support tickets and a support ticket has already been sent regarding this instance.
    • Holoin wrote:

The guikd master owns the guild, not the guild members. This is part of the drama that is allowed in the game.

If your leader did not passed leadership, it means he did not wanted anyone else to be leader of that guild. If he happens to have an accident and die, well, all its members have really bad luck then.

The devs cannot interfere in this situation.

You guys will need make a new guild. Break all building from island and home territories to obtain back materials...that us if you guys have the permissions. If not... you are screwed. Your leader has all the fault for not passing leadership.

Devs cannot do anything against bad decisitions that guild leaders make. Even if losses are big.
      Yeah I think we play different games where to one of us real people actually matter and the understanding that the guild is the players, not the figurehead. The players are the Guild, not the Guild master, they just steer the ship. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't understand any form of people management at all, which is 100% required to give every guild member an enjoyable experience. This isn't Drama, it's an oversight where a required failsafe hasn't been put in place.

The GM's decision to move to China wasn't bad, he obviously intended to continue playing or he would have passed everything over, the fact he cannot access the internet to do this and that the command cannot be passed down is the issue. This isn't some joke guild, its an entire gaming community that are suffering here. Asking them to form a new guild is simply offensive and without empathy.

Every other half decent MMO has failsafes in place in case something like this happens, why doesn't Albion? Or is that not the Dev teams job @Holoin , because the last time I checked making sure everything was in place to ensure the game was playable for everyone with easily resolvable issues given any given circumstance that occurred was exactly that - the Dev Teams job.

This is about security and common sense and a mutually agreeable resolution.

It should already have a function to cover this in game. It doesn't. The fact this issue is now here and happening shows the game needs one.
    • Barathorn wrote:

MrsLove wrote:

Barathorn wrote:

Well in the past after a period of time, absent guild leaders and absent guilds have been allowed to be claimable
      Are u sure about this info? What's the source of it?Also, try typing a support ticket.
      100% certain from various support tickets and a support ticket has already been sent regarding this instance.
      Any links you could share?
    • Still, its still hard to deal with when you are dealing with a person behind internet jail in China. A person could be hospitalized or just cannot do things because something happen in the person's life, like, be in jail *Cough Durateen*. I mean, there should be some remedy to this.

Also, even if emailing him, its possible his email account could be blocked due to him being in a new region.

For now, we like to continue CIR in Albion because we do have the history and potential to make the game fun for all political reasons.

Any guild with this problem can be hurt by this and cause the growth in the game for players in the guild to be diminished.
    • Jagere wrote:

Reforming again is pointless to leave our resources and profits, ESPECIALLY, investing so much into the guild. Also, its silly to reform and get ourselves reset in the season. It hurts the players in guilds to allow to this happen

Hi all, I understand that this situation is really frustrating for everyone involved. However, we currently do not have a 'failsafe' mechanism in place, because AO exists in an extremely competitive environment (i.e. resources can be tied to accounts/guild islands, etc), which opens floodgates for potential security breaches and exploits. Whilst I cannot implement such a failsafe, I would like to see how we can try to assist Hirihito in getting online and accessing the game in China.

I am still uncertain as to whether Hirihito has tried using a VPN to access the game? We have players based in China who are able access it with VPN, notwithstanding high ping and at times d/cs, but this should be sufficient to change the guild permissions in-game, which @rabbyt also pointed out. If Hirihito needs a list of VPN providers, we can look into what our Chinese player base is using.

Mytherceria#3744

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mytherceria ().

• Mytherceria wrote:

Jagere wrote:

Reforming again is pointless to leave our resources and profits, ESPECIALLY, investing so much into the guild. Also, its silly to reform and get ourselves reset in the season. It hurts the players in guilds to allow to this happen
      Hi all, I understand that this situation is really frustrating for everyone involved. However, we currently do not have a 'failsafe' mechanism in place, because AO exists in an extremely competitive environment (i.e. resources can be tied to accounts/guild islands, etc), which opens floodgates for potential security breaches and exploits. Whilst I cannot implement such a failsafe, I would like to see how we can try to assist Hirihito in getting online and accessing the game in China.

I am still uncertain as to whether Hirihito has tried using a VPN to access the game? We have players based in China who are able access it with VPN, notwithstanding high ping and at times d/cs, but this should be sufficient to change the guild permissions in-game, which @rabbyt also pointed out. If Hirihito needs a list of VPN providers, we can look into what our Chinese player base is using.
      Ahh, yes. Thank you for your response. We have tried to get Hirihito on a VPN and he said it is just not possible. The Chinese government is soon closing in on his position. Hirihito's last words to me were "Please finish what you started Sohrab. I want you to have everything Cir accumulated over the year. Make sure Jagere keeps his grubby fingers off what is rightfully yours my Persian Lord."
      twitch.tv/persiansohrab
      400/400 Fire Mage Spec
      400/400 Cloth Robe Crafter
    • Mytherceria wrote:

Jagere wrote:

Well thats the funny part, how can we provide a VPN to him if there is no communication either way. =D