Disconnection and high ping is your fault

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Disconnection and high ping is your fault

It's been over a week now that random people all over the world have these problems: Dcs and high ping.
      Several tracert were made: is the support responded: use a vpn, the problem is in isp.See: Some people from Br, Ca, Na, Pa, ES, AR, UK among other countries presented the problem.

• in reddit and in the forum: every day had reports of problems, new posts. But it seems that the problem was ignored

Elsa wrote:

Hey everyone,

Since the beginning of this week, some players have been experiencing ping spikes and disconnects. We have identified the issue to be with a major internet service provider, which affects several ISPs.

While we do not have direct influence over this issue, we are still looking into possible workarounds. As a temporary solution, we can only suggest trying to connect to the game via a VPN for the time being. We are sorry for the issues this has caused and we will update you once we have more information on the matter.

The post was edited 1 time, last by JonhFox ().

• Yesterday the problem expanded, the server crashed and was called the ddos attack.
      Today I see this:

Korn wrote:

Hey there,

we get regular reports of people, in particular from South America, seeing issues with high pings and latency and resulting lag.

If you are affected, it would be great if you could do the following and send it to me via private message here in the forums.

1. In windows, type "cmd" in the search and type tracert 185.218.131.122 followed by the enter key. Copy and paste the results into the private message

2. Are you currently affected by ping / high latency issues?

3. If you are, when did the problems first start?

4. In what country to you live?

5. Who is your Internet Service Provider?

6. Have you tried using a VPN service to fix the problems and if so, did it work?

Thanks for your support!
    • Crimeariver wrote:

Host%SentRecvBestAvrgWrstLast
      bb7b4e0c.virtua.com.br017617671611912
      embratel-T0-0-0-0-uacc02.fla.embratel.net.br017617612183220
      ebt-P1-2-1-core01.flajn.embratel.net.br117217112173218
      ebt-B1881-tcore01.rjoen.embratel.net.br0176176175179196180
      ebt-BP1222-intl02.nyk.embratel.net.br0176176162166182164
      hu0-4-0-5.ccr31.jfk04.atlas.cogentco.com0176176133137146139
      be3362.ccr41.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com0176176133138147140
      be3294.ccr31.jfk05.atlas.cogentco.com0176176135138152139
      siteprotect.security.neustar4156151134178634634
      No response from host1003600000

• The problem did not start on day 22.
      Day 21 the server crashed
      Day 22 the problem worsened reaching more regions and Korn opened an investigation.

between the days 14 and 20 the support
      he simply said: the problem is your ISP's fault.

Moosius wrote:

JonhFox wrote:

in reddit and in the forum: every day had reports of problems, new posts. But it seems that the problem was ignored
      You are confusing ignoring the problem with not having a solution. I am pretty damn sure that they WANT to fix this problem, not so sure they know how.
      Yes, they ignored it for a week.Just check the reddit or this forum in server performance.
    • JonhFox wrote:

Yes, they ignored it for a week.Just check the reddit or this forum in server performance

The game has basically been unplayable for me for about a month. First the "DDoS" then this "your ISP is crap" junk. Before the DDoS happened I could play just fine and never disconnected. After they "fixed" the "DDoS" suddenly my ISP started having issues connecting to their, and only their, server. I can't even stay connecting using the 2 VPNs they've recommended so far and I'm damn sure not paying for one. I remember watching a PoE panel at GDQ where they explained their philosophy with the game and remember them saying "As long as we had x amount of players, we didn't care about the population because we were making money" at this point I firmly believe SBI has the same sentiment.

This problem is approaching the 2 week mark with no solution in sight, there's actually not even a mention of this problem on the #announcements page of the official discord for whatever reason you want to speculate. At this point I have no desire to support this company anymore but they could man up and accept responsibility instead of just saying it's not their fault. In fact the reason i'm so vocal and angry about this issue is how they're just brushing it off like their the victim here and it's not in their control. As I said, I could play the game just fine prior to about 4 weeks ago and can still continue to play other games with no issue. Just because your server/ddos protection apparently doesn't like my ISP doesn't mean it's my ISPs fault.
    • Deathikus wrote:

JonhFox wrote:

Yes, they ignored it for a week.Just check the reddit or this forum in server performance
      The game has basically been unplayable for me for about a month. First the "DDoS" then this "your ISP is crap" junk. Before the DDoS happened I could play just fine and never disconnected. After they "fixed" the "DDoS" suddenly my ISP started having issues connecting to their, and only their, server. I can't even stay connecting using the 2 VPNs they've recommended so far and I'm damn sure not paying for one. I remember watching a PoE panel at GDQ where they explained their philosophy with the game and remember them saying "As long as we had x amount of players, we didn't care about the population because we were making money" at this point I firmly believe SBI has the same sentiment.

This problem is approaching the 2 week mark with no solution in sight, there's actually not even a mention of this problem on the #announcements page of the official discord for whatever reason you want to speculate. At this point I have no desire to support this company anymore but they could man up and accept responsibility instead of just saying it's not their fault. In fact the reason i'm so vocal and angry about this issue is how they're just brushing it off like their the victim here and it's not in their control. As I said, I could play the game just fine prior to about 4 weeks ago and can still continue to play other games with no issue. Just because your server/ddos protection apparently doesn't like my ISP doesn't mean it's my ISPs fault.
      At this points its about time to just abandon this game sadly.
      It has been my favorite MMO since UO but they either seem to not care or just dont know how to fix the problem - both scenarios are very bad.
    • pookiepie wrote:

Deathikus wrote:

JonhFox wrote:

At this points its about time to just abandon this game sadly.It has been my favorite MMO since UO but they either seem to not care or just dont know how to fix the problem - both scenarios are very bad.

Yeah I agree. There hasn't been any update on this issue for a few days now and it's Friday. I've been raising hell about this for weeks because I enjoyed the game but this seems to be a problem they can't fix in a timely manner. Basically an entire month of premium wasted and they offer me nothing in return and decline a refund. Lesson learned about small Indie devs.

Guess I'll just have to wait for WoW Classic and give Blizzard my money instead.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Deathikus ().