Routing Issues / DCs - New Datacenter Test

• So far wtfast doesnt fix the disconnects for me that started a few days ago. Also, Azuma made a post saying the Dallas server fixed his problem and then goes on to make a post after that saying he's still having the problem for 10 days. He then posts again saying hes testing other wtfast servers. First, if Dallas fixed his problem he wouldn't have posted saying he still has it at a later time and wouldnt be testing other servers if Dallas works fine like he said. I just wanted to point out the mess of all this with people posting short term results that may or may not solve the problem. Someone else clearly posted traceroute results showing that neustar blocked his connection. These disconnects started for me after the implementation of the new "anti ddos" stuff. Respectfully, i think the staff is being conned into thinking this is all about ddos by someone when actually its an infrastructure problem with albions own servers, hosting, anti ddos nonsense etc. i think its probably either neustar or albions hosting provider that they/you are changing. i would suggest removeing neustar becuase my game worked fine before it. im no expert but i dont buy the idea that this is some issue with a route. It could possibly also be an ISP some of us are using although previous posts seem to show otherwise with one user trying two different ISPs and both having the same frequent disconnet problem that I have. Consider removing neustar along with upgrading server hosting. DDoS are less of a threat than people not being able to stay connected for other reasons. I like the game and the devs and just want to be able to play, but currently I lose connect every 5-10 mins and am using verizon as my ISP in TN, USA.
    • This is gonna sound crazy in every wat but found out that Updating Windows to the 1903 build Works.

Yesterday evening ground 1900 UTC i had the same problem as everyone. Login fails and blackscreens.

Tryed al sorts of things till i ran a Windows update. Went from 1803 to 1903, yes 1809 is in there to.

Rebooted and everything Works just fine.
      More guild mates had simular problems and advised 5 of them this very morning to do the same.

Problem Solved for now
    • Hi all,

here is another update on the matter:

1. We have been in contact with various ISPs about the routing issues. This seems to have helped for some users.

2. We are still actively working on our datacenter change. With such a datacenter change, routing will automatically be different which might resolve the situation or significantly improve it.

3. As a interim solution - unti lthe routing issues are fully fixed - we have been talking to the VPN company ExitLag as many of you reported that using them fixed the routing issues and disconnects. ExitLag has agreed to provide their service for free to Albion Online players until August 15th. To use it, you need to download the software from their website (version 2.7.505 or higher) and it should work for Albion even beyond the usual 3 day free trial.

Once installed, log to in ExitLag, go to Home menu, search for Albion, select one of the Ashburn game regions apply routes selected by ExitLag then connect to the game.

Please let us know if this works for you.

All the best,
      Korn
    • Korn wrote:

Hi all,

here is another update on the matter:

1. We have been in contact with various ISPs about the routing issues. This seems to have helped for some users.

2. We are still actively working on our datacenter change. With such a datacenter change, routing will automatically be different which might resolve the situation or significantly improve it.

3. As a interim solution - unti lthe routing issues are fully fixed - we have been talking to the VPN company ExitLag as many of you reported that using them fixed the routing issues and disconnects. ExitLag has agreed to provide their service for free to Albion Online players until August 15th. To use it, you need to download the software from their website (version 2.7.505 or higher) and it should work for Albion even beyond the usual 3 day free trial.

Once installed, log to in ExitLag, go to Home menu, search for Albion, select one of the Ashburn game regions apply routes selected by ExitLag then connect to the game.

Please let us know if this works for you.

All the best,
      Korn

Italian players get disconnected too, it is not only related to South America. We get disconnected randomly or all together, or all the player in the same zone.

Usually in our evening from 17 to midnight
    • From the previous post:

Lilvix wrote:

So, android, linux, and mac os users have to still pull their wallet out I guess, as there is no wtfast client for those environments.
      Only a windows client. So you don't support those platforms for any connectivity issue related issues. So you don't support them.

Furthermore, WTFast. You can queue a google search and enjoy the shit storm about it, weither you type "scandal" or "legit" after it.
      Some of the things are true, others are false, but saying to your users "go ahead, install that free trial" is kinda irresponsible?
      From missleading advertising to dubious methods of dealing with customer anger, I'm wondering why SBI think it would be a nice temporary side app to have with Albion.

You could actually have partenered with a VPN company, one known legit, since some VPN offers are equivalent to albion's premium, that could have been a nice commercial gesture. Missed opportunity.

You're telling people to go on a 30 day free trial VPN? Ok. So you're basically taking an oath to completly fix all connections issues within 30 days, right? RIGHT?
      Well, now it's not WTFast anymore. GOOD.

But still no love for non-windows plateform? I mean, you proposed Exitlag, again a windows-only VPN client.
      Asking people to go tracert 185.218.131.122 in windows, but not asking linuxians to go traceroute 185.218.131.122 ?

At least, SoftEther that you quoted does come in linux flavor, but you can't ask people to basically start their own VPN service to be able to play a game, asking them to actually own a server somewhere.

And you have a new ultimatum. August 15th.

In resume, you still don't provide any kind of support for non-windows plateform, so even if you make the game available for them, don't tell you're supporting them.
      And concerning said support, you went from a 30days ultimatum, to apparently a new one (since the previous is already mid-way with no real improvement, and it starts getting tight), with an actual partenership. Nice.
      But, I'm wondering, how many VPN softwares you'll had poor M$ users install until you fix the issue. Crapwarebloatfrenzy.
    • Lilvix wrote:

From the previous post:

Lilvix wrote:

So, android, linux, and mac os users have to still pull their wallet out I guess, as there is no wtfast client for those environments.
      Only a windows client. So you don't support those platforms for any connectivity issue related issues. So you don't support them.

Furthermore, WTFast. You can queue a google search and enjoy the shit storm about it, weither you type "scandal" or "legit" after it.
      Some of the things are true, others are false, but saying to your users "go ahead, install that free trial" is kinda irresponsible?
      From missleading advertising to dubious methods of dealing with customer anger, I'm wondering why SBI think it would be a nice temporary side app to have with Albion.

You could actually have partenered with a VPN company, one known legit, since some VPN offers are equivalent to albion's premium, that could have been a nice commercial gesture. Missed opportunity.

You're telling people to go on a 30 day free trial VPN? Ok. So you're basically taking an oath to completly fix all connections issues within 30 days, right? RIGHT?
      Well, now it's not WTFast anymore. GOOD.
      But still no love for non-windows plateform? I mean, you proposed Exitlag, again a windows-only VPN client.
      Asking people to go tracert 185.218.131.122 in windows, but not asking linuxians to go traceroute 185.218.131.122 ?

At least, SoftEther that you quoted does come in linux flavor, but you can't ask people to basically start their own VPN service to be able to play a game, asking them to actually own a server somewhere.

And you have a new ultimatum. August 15th.

In resume, you still don't provide any kind of support for non-windows plateform, so even if you make the game available for them, don't tell you're supporting them.
      And concerning said support, you went from a 30days ultimatum, to apparently a new one (since the previous is already mid-way with no real improvement, and it starts getting tight), with an actual partenership. Nice.
      But, I'm wondering, how many VPN softwares you'll had poor M$ users install until you fix the issue. Crapwarebloatfrenzy.

Pretty girl, here I used windscribe and ProtonVPN and none of them worked well. ProtonVPN was up for a few days, but for me it is now impractical.

Void Linux.

Porto Alegre, Brasil.
    • Ma-chan wrote:

Lilvix wrote:

From the previous post:

Lilvix wrote:

Stuff about how WTFast is garbage, and that 30 day trials is basically saying SBI take an oath of solving connection issues under 30 days, and how WTFast is kinda shady, and also only for Windows users.
      Stuff about how Exitlag is less shady, and that's already their second ultimatum, and how all the troubleshooting thing they ask people to do is again only windows related, no love for mac, linux or android, thus no support, aside from mentionning Softether that isn't really a practical quote in itself.
      And some stuff about how it's not right to make users install multiple VPN softwares, from trials to time limited partnerships, as software bloat is a thing, and that now they better solve the issue before their new ultimatum, 15th of august.
      Pretty girl, here I used windscribe and ProtonVPN and none of them worked well. ProtonVPN was up for a few days, but for me it is now impractical.

Void Linux.

Porto Alegre, Brasil.
      Then, "pretty dude", here you used windscribe and ProtonVPN, and saddly, none of them work, but that's absolutely not what I was talking about, I was talking about how SBI shouldn't require people to install one more program app to play in almost decent condition after advising for a somewhat shady program, just pushing further the deadline they had to actually have the issue sorted.

Also, "Void Linux" is something you can say from a user standpoint, and it's a low-blow to tackle on operating systems, but okay, fair.
      From a company standpoint, releasing a software with paid services, officially supported on these other platforms, "Void *O.Sys* " is not acceptable.
    • No funciona de ninguna manera. No entiendo por qué no buscan una solución a este problema, ya no hay una broma que espera tanto tiempo que usa el programa wtfast.com toma tanto tiempo el problema que estoy desactualizado para usar https: // www .exitlag.com /
      Además, no entiendo por qué dan una solución más estúpida a todo esto. He pasado casi un mes entero con la misma cosa hasta que la premiun compró por placer el tiempo y el dinero invertido. @Korn
    • I can confirm this fix works on the platform most people use as a temporary fix* after having constant DCs every few mins since July 13th, I tried Exitlag & was able to play non-stop for about 4 hours, including ZvZ with no DC at all.
      Playing from Bohol, Philippines using PLDT Fibr 50mbps, my ping also reduced from 270ms to as low as 198ms(GREEN PING! For the first time ever). Gotta say I'm impressed.

After installing & restarting, go to tools & set the routing optimization from medium to high, select Albion Online & hit optimize, then when it's complete, use the dropdown server menu and go through each one to find the lowest ping before hitting 'apply routes'.
      Took a vid to demonstrate it working here: youtube.com/watch?v=1nEucnBVE70

They need to implement better game client>server auto selection, or add an option to select server ourselves the way ExitLag allows us to. Because one server is clearly superior for me compared to the other 3 and I have no way to know what the game chooses by default. Hopefully they fix the server issues by August 15, I dont know if I'd keep playing after that & I'm definitely not paying extra on-top of premium. Or at the very least, I would sooner pay for exitlag and have a stable connection than buy premium and not be able to play properly.

ZvZ from this morning while testing exitlag.. Connection was solid. Could this technology be implemented into the albion online launcher//client somehow?

The post was edited 5 times, last by Jo3yization: *Added context ().

• Most of what exitlag does, Linux does automagically. This means in most cases if you use Linux and you're lagging, It's likely not something on your computer's end. That said, for those still having trouble here; try these tweaks. As a Linux user myself, I've only so far had to clear my DNS cache once after I got disconnected and I couldn't even connect to the forum. I've only noticed minimal issues to most games I can still play compared to when I used micro$ux products.
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

Most of what exitlag does, Linux does automagically. This means in most cases if you use Linux and you're lagging, It's likely not something on your computer's end. That said, for those still having trouble here; try these tweaks. As a Linux user myself, I've only so far had to clear my DNS cache once after I got disconnected and I couldn't even connect to the forum. I've only noticed minimal issues to most games I can still play compared to when I used micro$ux products.
      What is the procedure for clearing DNS on Linux?
      I do not use SystemD on my system, but Runit.
      Commands like sysctl will not work.
    • Ma-chan wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

Most of what exitlag does, Linux does automagically. This means in most cases if you use Linux and you're lagging, It's likely not something on your computer's end. That said, for those still having trouble here; try these tweaks. As a Linux user myself, I've only so far had to clear my DNS cache once after I got disconnected and I couldn't even connect to the forum. I've only noticed minimal issues to most games I can still play compared to when I used micro$ux products.
      What is the procedure for clearing DNS on Linux?I do not use SystemD on my system, but Runit.
      Commands like sysctl will not work.
      The easiest way is to restart network-manager. I used sudo service network-manager restart Doing so didn't even kick me out of discord.