Routing Issues / DCs - New Datacenter Test

• Pendragxn wrote:

Adrivan wrote:

I don't know what you people are talking about. I play the game everyday with no problems. But I'm based in europe, not on some caribbean island so idk.
      I live in the (UK) using Virgin Media Fiber Optic the past two months have been horrendous ever since the DDo’s issues apparently started occurring. Excuse after excuse saying they were DDo’sed, then saying it’s our security settings regarding our firewalls, now they’re saying it’s due to the server traffic routing. Why should I use a VPN to connect to a service, honestly for an online multiplayer game which doesn’t host localised servers, launches a free to play model on steam without proper testing the infrastructure, plus had no response plan in place regarding a DDo’s. I wouldn’t trust SBI to cook a BBQ never mind run an online game. Every week they mention switching hosting providers, yet we still haven’t seen any progress with that. They specify their partner for hosting the game is a worldwide leasing company, but don’t ever mention the name??? Bit suspicious in all honesty, now the game engine is bugged full of bad programming, chat system is broken and there’s even instances of people walking through objects in-game which should be solid. I couldn’t even be nice by saying it’s teething problems because the games been out 2 years apparently this is just bad service. Good luck when they launch Percival on the 10th July I’m sure that will break some more things absolute insanity.
      Well, that's definitely strange. I first tried this game in 2017 when it came out but didn't stick to it. Now I've been back into it for about a week and I enjoy it a lot. I didn't have connection problems in 2017 and I don't have them now either. I play from the netherlands and have the cheapest internet subscription in town...
    • Adrivan wrote:

Pendragxn wrote:

Adrivan wrote:

I don't know what you people are talking about. I play the game everyday with no problems. But I'm based in europe, not on some caribbean island so idk.
      I live in the (UK) using Virgin Media Fiber Optic the past two months have been horrendous ever since the DDo’s issues apparently started occurring. Excuse after excuse saying they were DDo’sed, then saying it’s our security settings regarding our firewalls, now they’re saying it’s due to the server traffic routing. Why should I use a VPN to connect to a service, honestly for an online multiplayer game which doesn’t host localised servers, launches a free to play model on steam without proper testing the infrastructure, plus had no response plan in place regarding a DDo’s. I wouldn’t trust SBI to cook a BBQ never mind run an online game. Every week they mention switching hosting providers, yet we still haven’t seen any progress with that. They specify their partner for hosting the game is a worldwide leasing company, but don’t ever mention the name??? Bit suspicious in all honesty, now the game engine is bugged full of bad programming, chat system is broken and there’s even instances of people walking through objects in-game which should be solid. I couldn’t even be nice by saying it’s teething problems because the games been out 2 years apparently this is just bad service. Good luck when they launch Percival on the 10th July I’m sure that will break some more things absolute insanity.
      Well, that's definitely strange. I first tried this game in 2017 when it came out but didn't stick to it. Now I've been back into it for about a week and I enjoy it a lot. I didn't have connection problems in 2017 and I don't have them now either. I play from the netherlands and have the cheapest internet subscription in town...

That's primarily the problem and why this issue will probably not be resolved any time soon. This didn't start until they implemented their new ddos protection. My ISP is saying it's SBIs fault and SBI is saying it's the ISPs fault so we're stuck in this endless cycle of "not my fault, nothing we can do". It's obviously not effecting everyone, it's only effecting IPs that travel through certain server nodes like the Atlanta server in the US. Given that you live in the Netherlands I very highly doubt you connection goes through Atlanta to get to Washington (DC?). Although there are reports from all over the globe of the disconnecting issue Brazil seems to be the country primarily effected by the "bad ISP" situation. At this point the player base effected by this just needs to move on from the game because this issue is apparently unsolvable.
    • Deathikus wrote:

That's primarily the problem and why this issue will probably not be resolved any time soon. This didn't start until they implemented their new ddos protection. My ISP is saying it's SBIs fault and SBI is saying it's the ISPs fault so we're stuck in this endless cycle of "not my fault, nothing we can do". It's obviously not effecting everyone, it's only effecting IPs that travel through certain server nodes like the Atlanta server in the US. Given that you live in the Netherlands I very highly doubt you connection goes through Atlanta to get to Washington (DC?). Although there are reports from all over the globe of the disconnecting issue Brazil seems to be the country primarily effected by the "bad ISP" situation. At this point the player base effected by this just needs to move on from the game because this issue is apparently unsolvable.

The devs dont see that this only happened after the last ddos attack that forced them to shut down the servers for a very long time. This is not a problem from our ISP.

Either SBI did something or their host did something that caused this problem. And from the response we are getting from SBI, i will asume their host is the one at fault and they are probabily not telling anything to the SBI
    • Holoin wrote:

Deathikus wrote:

The devs dont see that this only happened after the last ddos attack that forced them to shut down the servers for a very long time. This is not a problem from our ISP.

Either SBI did something or their host did something that caused this problem. And from the response we are getting from SBI, i will asume their host is the one at fault and they are probabily not telling anything to the SBI
      I think it's come from neustar their new ddos protection provider causing kickout from game.
      It might not suitable for gaming server.
    • It's interesting though. Saturday I didn't experience any disconnect, and today I did experience disconnect. Possibly something was happening correctly on Saturday, then hiccups on Sunday? But yeah, from what I understood so far, more or less in 2 or 3 weeks, we can see more changes related to this issues, according to the info been posted here. Hope it does though, really enjoying this game a lot. :)
    • @Nyck Not everyone is experiencing the same problem. VPN works on my side, in fact I am having no disconnect today without VPN. So SBI is working on it.
      What we, as the players can do, instead of been negative, is to collect data and send it to SBI, so they can resolve the situation.

Again, not every part of the continent is experiencing the same problem, since there is peoples playing the game just fine.
    • Nothing justifies the present moment.(two weeks with the same problem, it seems that someone wants to play with losing money)

Moznic wrote:

@Nyck Not everyone is experiencing the same problem. VPN works on my side, in fact I am having no disconnect today without VPN. So SBI is working on it.
      What we, as the players can do, instead of been negative, is to collect data and send it to SBI, so they can resolve the situation.

Again, not every part of the continent is experiencing the same problem, since there is peoples playing the game just fine.

Yea. they are working, it's been 15 days since I heard the support and staff: install a vpn and everything will work.

Surprise: with and without vpn some people are taking dcs.I use two vpn and the result is the same: dcs.
    • I do not know if my provider has anything to do with this, but a week ago I was without internet. Contacting the company I was informed that the company was doing the exchange of some equipment. Since then, I have fallen a few times. Observing the traceroute command there was absolutely no change. At least not in my eyes totally lay for networks and servers.

Porto Alegre, Brasil.
    • Quick update:

Fixing this issue remains our highest priority. We have made some progress in identifying where the issue is caused and have contacted all the third parties involved such that they can look into it.

Further more, we are looking for additional workaround for those where WTFast does not work right now.
    • How about Asia region? Specifically SEA... More specific, Philippines... My brother, friends, and i always have at least 300 ping and that’s not the maximum ping that we get, that is the minimum... since we started playing, we haven’t encountered any below 280 ping... we have good internet provider... from our speed test, we got 25MBPS download, 70MBPS upload, 44 ping, 12 jitter ping, with 5 devices connected sometimes 4 and 6 which is good enough to play games at least in 80 ping(that’s what my brother and i get in other online games)

We don’t experience this kind of lag in other online games... and i like this game so much, and for me, this is the BEST game i have ever played since childhood except halo and minecraft XD

but please, fix this lag issues

Region: Asia, SEA, Philippines
      Issue: disconnections and sometimes crash of games
    • Korn wrote:

Quick update:

Fixing this issue remains our highest priority. We have made some progress in identifying where the issue is caused and have contacted all the third parties involved such that they can look into it.

Further more, we are looking for additional workaround for those where WTFast does not work right now.
      Well at least we’ve got some feedback on the issues but realistically we do at some point need localised servers or a better server connection point. Honestly the game wasn’t too bad for me yesterday, but as I said I’m in the (UK) running Virgin Media Fibre Optics so definitely shouldn’t be having this issue with 100MPS averaging around 70 on speed and 20 ping something isn’t right. Quite a few people from the (UK) I know have to use a VPN this shouldn’t be a thing, honestly feel bad for smaller EU countries with worse networking mapping and infrastructure. But again appreciate the feedback hopefully we can get it sorted for everyone as I said this game has a lot of potential and it’s quite refreshing compared to other generic games or outdated themes so would like to see it proposer. If the connection issues get ironed out I don’t see a problem in the game or company making profitable gains over the coming years if we keep getting decent updates, patches and better quality of life improvements.
    • Pendragxn wrote:

Well at least we’ve got some feedback on the issues
      That's the same update they've been giving for 3 weeks. People want to see headway in the issue not the issue be ignored for a week then every few days since announcing the issue they say it's a top priority for them but have no results of their efforts to show for it. At this point my premium purchase has effectively been wasted and they made perfectly clear there will be no refund or compensation for this issue, but I'm curious to see how long it takes them to fix it if they ever do.