Routing Issues / DCs - New Datacenter Test

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hey there,

small update on our end: we have collected a lot of useful data and have contacted the involved 3rd parties (ISPs, DDOS-Mitigation service, etc) to get to the bottom of this issue.

For those of you who have already provided data, it would be great if you could run the trace once more and also tell us your IP address. Please do so via private message here in the forums.

1. In windows, type "cmd" in the search and type tracert 185.218.131.122 followed by the enter key. Copy and paste the results into the private message

2. Tell us your IP address. You can find it here whatismyipaddress.com/

Thanks a lot.
    • So since the 22nd or maybe the 21st of June some people (included me) haven't gotten to play more than 15 mins straight, of course making a full PVP game unplayable. Assuming this gets fixed by tomorrow the 26th, that's at least 4 days of no gameplay for some of us, is there any compensation on the works? Even with a VPN I can't play without getting DC'd @Korn
      I'm not pointing fingers, the game can have issues and they aren't easily fixed, but not being able to play for 4 days straight is sad considering this is my main game at the moment.

• the situation is not good

FedeArch wrote:

So since the 22nd or maybe the 21st of June some people (included me) haven't gotten to play more than 15 mins straight, of course making a full PVP game unplayable. Assuming this gets fixed by tomorrow the 26th, that's at least 4 days of no gameplay for some of us, is there any compensation on the works? Even with a VPN I can't play without getting DC'd @Korn
      I'm not pointing fingers, the game can have issues and they aren't easily fixed, but not being able to play for 4 days straight is sad considering this is my main game at the moment.

more see: when the problem really started

Today exactly has 10 days without solution. (jun/15)
    • Hey there,

as promised, here is an update - and it is not good.

Unfortunately, we have now confirmed that the issue is definitely not on our end. The reason for the lags / disconnects are indeed routing issues between Washington, DC, (where the servers are hosted) and (mostly) South America. Through our research and by talking to various third parties we have also been told that several other companies are affected by this. Some suspect a connection to the large power outages in South America that happened in mid June, though this is speculation.

The reason why some VPN services solve this issue is that they bypass / change the standard routing the internet traffic takes. Those VPNs that take a route that is not affected will fix the issues, those that take the same or similar route than the standard one will not. We have very little control to how the internet traffic gets routed once it leaves our servers.

Here is our strategy going forward:

1. We are already in the process of changing out hosting company. These is a decent chance that the standard routing from South America to our new hosting company takes a different pathway, hence fixing the issues. We seek to make the move as soon as possible, within the next 2 weeks, though this is still a tentative date.

2. While this is not exactly a "strategy", there is a decent chance that the issues get fixed by the affected internet hubs themselves. We will try to do some more research here to get additional information about this.

3. We will keep researching if there is anything else we could do on our end to help with these issues. If there is, we'll try it internally, if it works, we'll roll it out to you asap.

4. While you will most likely be met with a standard response, it might still be helpful if you complain to your ISP, specifically mentioned the route to 185.218.131.122. Most likely, you will receive a standard "everything is fine" response, but there is still a chance that it goes beyond that you either receive more information (if you do, please share) or they indeed will fix the issue on their end (an ISP has many more options to address this than we do).

5. In the meantime - and we know that this is not exactly a great solution - using a VPN could work. It would be great if those of you who already use a VPN - in particular, if it is free - let us know which one you are using. I have heard from one user that SoftEther has been working for him. Other are using ExitLag, though unforunately, this is not a free service.

We are sorry that we do not have a more helpful news this time. We'll report back in in the next 48 hours with another update.

This issue is currently has the absolute highest priority for us.

A quick question at the end:
      Did any of you had these lag / disconnected issues recently but that have disappeared by now? If yes, it would be great if you could contact me via PM and share some details.
    • Additional information:

One particular route that is affected by this goes via Atlanta / Ashburn. When you run the tracer, you can see this.

In particular, the following internet knots appear to be problematic: 66.198.154.24 and 66.198.155.62.

One user has circumvented the problem by using a VPN mirror based in Dallas - traffic from Dallas to our servers does not go via the Atlanta / Ashburn route.
    • So, android, linux, and mac os users have to still pull their wallet out I guess, as there is no wtfast client for those environments.
      Only a windows client. So you don't support those platforms for any connectivity issue related issues. So you don't support them.

Furthermore, WTFast. You can queue a google search and enjoy the shit storm about it, weither you type "scandal" or "legit" after it.
      Some of the things are true, others are false, but saying to your users "go ahead, install that free trial" is kinda irresponsible?
      From missleading advertising to dubious methods of dealing with customer anger, I'm wondering why SBI think it would be a nice temporary side app to have with Albion.

You could actually have partenered with a VPN company, one known legit, since some VPN offers are equivalent to albion's premium, that could have been a nice commercial gesture. Missed opportunity.

You're telling people to go on a 30 day free trial VPN? Ok. So you're basically taking an oath to completly fix all connections issues within 30 days, right? RIGHT?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lilvix ().

• I don't understand why people here are giving Albion's staff such a hard time. They are clearly trying to do what they can from their side, but not everything is up to them. The only thing of impact that they can do is to change hosts, which they already said they will be doing. But in the meantime you can stop the whining, it's useless.
    • I'm using LimeVPN and its running okay so far. The ping was good and no disconnects. Its not free, but its cheap, considering the 1 month subscription, which should be enough. New York server is the best one (in the first day I was playing around 130, considering that without it my ping was around 180), but Chicago and even Toronto are not so bad either...

And @Korn, thank you for the updates. I really hope this is just temporary...
    • @Korn I am one of the users on the Atlanta server effected by this, and have been for weeks.

I tried SoftEther and a ton of the servers wouldn't work and the ones that did gave me about ~400 ping. Uninstalled that, useless.

I'm currently trying wtFast and im still getting dc'd every 5 minutes.

wtFast Servers I have confirmed do NOT work (at least for me and I tried all the different numbered ones):

New York, New York (DC after 5 minutes)

Dallas, Texas (DC after 5 minutes)

Chicago, Illinois (Will go to character selection but won't go into the game itself)

Toronto, Ontario (DC after 5 minutes)

Newark, New Jersey (DC after 5 minutes)

Las Vegas, Nevada (DC after 5 minutes, unbearable ping anyway)

Pheonix, Arizona (DC after 5 minutes)

That's about all I'm willing to do, sat here for over an hour trying all these servers and still can't stay connected to your game. This shit just isn't worth the frustration anymore.

The post was edited 7 times, last by Deathikus ().

• I'm SA based (Brazil) and since @Korn suggested I started using WTFast on it's 30 day trial, earlier I was experiencing no DCs (like 3-4h ago) and now I've been experiencing DCs same as I was without a VPN.
      I got a ping improvement from 180-195 to 135~150, all of that using the Auto route function.
      I manually went for the Dallas, TX route, got a higher ping but still getting DCs.