[June 21st & June 22nd] Game Server Disruption [Update 22.06 09:06 UTC]

• Tdi wrote:

Okay so really boys and girls if you still prefer to hangout here crying about game being offline for 5-10-20 hours, that means you are addicted to game. It doesent matter if its offline for few hours or few days, important is that game gets back online without these issues they had. So be patient, and i really hope i can get rubberband hood and jacket, would be amazing to complete set.
      its not about 5-6 hours that server are offline its about all lags delays disconnects and etc... and I paid real money for this? oh realy!?
    • Bufotine wrote:

Izayaxxx wrote:

For all the ass kissers how come only albion online is being ddosed so much. Which other mmorpg has been DDOSed soooo much?? i don't believe it at all these ppl are just incompetent
      Good question..... alot in fact. There's even a game that started stress testing today for a older version of it. Perhaps scummy companies are making desperate atempt's
      Too be more clearer incase my statement is misunderstood. If I owned the most largest success of a MMO and only came into ownership recently. Then an atempt to "re-live" those days. For the sole purpose of pulling in old consumers, and there was a decent mmo like maybe Albion.... that pull from a large portion of those players. Would you not keep pulling shit and possibly screw with that lot of consumers from a game like Albion? I mean if you recently posted a FTP stress test or something? Then you could get a better pull if you shut down distractions that would take from that pool of MMO players. I'll take the tin foil hat off now. But these are just thoughts, and nothing more.
    • Guten Morgen, also nichts für ungut und attacken hin oder her, aber ihr solltet doch in der Lage sein eure Server nachdem ihr schon einiges an Geld eingefahren habt, am Leben zu halten? Ansonsten wäre eine Investition in ein IT Security Team sowie vill. in den einen oder anderen IT'ler zur Wartung der Server nicht unangebracht, schließlich verdient Ihr eure Brötchen mit dem Server und zahlen kann man nur, wenn der schließlich online ist ...

Ja es ist morgens und ja ich will daddeln :P Macht hinne ;D
      Lynatix

~~ Evil Inside ~~
      Entdecke das Böse in dir!
    • ZayYadi wrote:

Takeuchi wrote:

I hope the server comes back with the fame bonus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      What about hoping the game will be okay? These things happen, It's not their fault that they've been attacked recently. Why should they give us compensation? I don't get it. You should be happy when the game comes online again and not discuss about the compensation.
      u wrong its all they fault they cant defend (protect) the game and just blaming that someone attacking) cool so we must just pay more money and wait till they fix this problem agane and AGANE!
    • Rohnsan wrote:

Tdi wrote:

Okay so really boys and girls if you still prefer to hangout here crying about game being offline for 5-10-20 hours, that means you are addicted to game. It doesent matter if its offline for few hours or few days, important is that game gets back online without these issues they had. So be patient, and i really hope i can get rubberband hood and jacket, would be amazing to complete set.
      its not about 5-6 hours that server are offline its about all lags delays disconnects and etc... and I paid real money for this? oh realy!?
      by the way, dude, it's not their fault, you think that they would like to see how the server kicks off tons of players and with the pathetic excuse of "your internet is the trouble", they ARE HAVING A DDoS Atk, so, be more compresive, soon you will still play again as normal
    • Bufotine wrote:

Bufotine wrote:

Izayaxxx wrote:

For all the ass kissers how come only albion online is being ddosed so much. Which other mmorpg has been DDOSed soooo much?? i don't believe it at all these ppl are just incompetent
      Good question..... alot in fact. There's even a game that started stress testing today for a older version of it. Perhaps scummy companies are making desperate atempt's
      Too be more clearer incase my statement is misunderstood. If I owned the most largest success of a MMO and only came into ownership recently. Then an atempt to "re-live" those days. For the sole purpose of pulling in old consumers, and there was a decent mmo like maybe Albion.... that pull from a large portion of those players. Would you not keep pulling shit and possibly screw with that lot of consumers from a game like Albion? I mean if you recently posted a FTP stress test or something? Then you could get a better pull if you shut down distractions that would take from that pool of MMO players. I'll take the tin foil hat off now. But these are just thoughts, and nothing more.
      I am still sticking to my theory that it's some spoiled brat who got banned and wants to ruin it for everyone else.
    • lemarius wrote:

Rohnsan wrote:

Tdi wrote:

by the way, dude, it's not their fault, you think that they would like to see how the server kicks off tons of players and with the pathetic excuse of "your internet is the trouble", they ARE HAVING A DDoS Atk, so, be more compresive, soon you will still play again as normal
      so its my fault?)
    • Rohnsan wrote:

ZayYadi wrote:

Takeuchi wrote:

What about hoping the game will be okay? These things happen, It's not their fault that they've been attacked recently. Why should they give us compensation? I don't get it. You should be happy when the game comes online again and not discuss about the compensation.
      u wrong its all they fault they cant defend (protect) the game and just blaming that someone attacking) cool so we must just pay more money and wait till they fix this problem agane and AGANE!
      What the hell are you babbling about with your broken ass English? When did SBI ask you to pay more money? Are you braindead?
    • Eclipsus wrote:

Rohnsan wrote:

ZayYadi wrote:

Takeuchi wrote:

What the hell are you babbling about with your broken ass English? When did SBI ask you to pay more money? Are you braindead?
      might try a subtler tone.
    • Eclipsus wrote:

Rohnsan wrote:

ZayYadi wrote:

Takeuchi wrote:

share your link
      Simply send your referral link to your friends. When they accept your invitation and register, your accounts will be connected.

Earn Rewards
      When your friend purchases at least 30 days of Premium status, you will be instantly rewarded with items.

Get Rich
      Get a bonus of 500 Gold when a friend purchases at least 30 days of Premium for the first time.

braindead u are dumm ass!
    • There is a lot of hatred, animosity and inbreeding in this thread which seems pretty standard for the community. The nature of full loot pvp games means there is plenty of salt to go around. Eve is pretty similar in this aspect although different in that the playerbase consists of thirty-year-olds with jobs and families versus teens and twenty somethings with no real education or prospects as of yet in life. The best players runescape could offer I'm told.

I quit on launch like a lot of people did when in 2 years it seems like the developers made very little progress or otherwise squandered 10 million dollars in kickstarter cash. Someone must have walked off with the money given how little content was added in that time period, Fast-forward the game is ~better today than 2015. Several changes made the game fundamentally more playable but the lack of content being produced and snail paced development is still off-putting

So veterans have beef with SBI. Old news. This is a niche genre and for full-loot pvp there are not a lot of options in 2019. New players don't really know or 'feel' that lack of development. Instead they hop into a cancer-infused community that was bred from that grief and quickly adapt and adopt becoming little monsters themselves.The outages caused by DDoS are not helping the free launch. That whole hosting upgrade bit was surely about paying even less for even worse hosting. The cheapest care-free lowest cost package money can possibly buy.

So here's the 10+ page thread of just cancer spawned from the private company that doesn't disclose their financials and seemingly walked off with our money. It surely contests with star citizen and no mans sky in that regard. I paid for access and a month later they said the game wasn't going to be free to play on launch - too little knowledge or experience in how to monetize in an era of world shattering exhibits of successful monetization of free games. Oh well.

Today the game is free, years later with ample opportunity missed and monetization being a complete afterthought. A quarter million backers and at least that many displeased. Still hope that SBI will accidentally get their act together one day and not be a sham. The real cost of this outage is too many nerds with nothing to do, no prospects - no plans and instead elect to write dumb stuff on these forums as I ironically have instead of doing something else. At least they're hooked. Sean Murray and Chris Roberts tip their hats.
    • Eclipsus wrote:

Rohnsan wrote:

ZayYadi wrote:

Takeuchi wrote:

I assume inviting here people who are for the first time join the game u can call fck money boost stupid kido!@
    • Talion wrote:

Dear Albion Players,

Unfortunately Albion is yet again under a series of DDOS attacks, clearly directly focussing us and using an entirely new vector of attack.

Since the attacks are ongoing and are leading to an extreme degradation in service, we’ve decided to deactivate the game until we can properly adjust our defenses again.

Implementing a solution is expected to take at least half a day, so its not worth staying up waiting for the game to come back online for tonight.

Sincere apologies for the disruption again, we’re doing everything we can to bring the game back online as soon as possible.

-Talion & the Albion Online Team
      So why don't u eventually buy your OWN Servers, Firewalls and a Network Security Team thats needed with it?
      u got TONS of Money from sold Premium and/or Gold anyways ... and u will get more if is up and running(!), so why not take security matters in ur own hand?
      also get some Lawyers to sue the crap out of the attackers ...
    • Tdi wrote:

So what if people are addicted. We're paying for a service that they're unable to provide. Last time the game was almost unplayable for 2 weeks and what did we get for it? 3-7 days of premium. There are plenty of us that have premium on 3 characters or more. The importance isn't just that the game gets back online, it's also important that we get properly compensated for what we're losing. In my case since i'm fairly new, I spend 10€/character/month.