[June 21st & June 22nd] Game Server Disruption [Update 22.06 09:06 UTC]

• Eclipsus wrote:

Pescado wrote:

Then u better stop trowing your "expert opinions" about what people should feel or express into maters u have no idea.... Is a LOT a work, a LOT of money, a LOT of group effort both to take and keep a terri + the season points in game. And definetly is the ENDGAME for many players here. You should be more respectful when you jump into subjects you simply ignore.
      My name may be pescado but you are the one being really fishy here....
      I'm still waiting for the point, here... It's a video game. Now you have the opportunity to do it again, and it gives you something to do. If you feel like it's the end of the world if you lose it, then the healthy option would be to find better use of your time. Either have fun playing and realize that shit happens, or play a game that isn't so much work, or money, or group effort. You can't defend ANY reason to be so worked up over it that you're shit talking SBI, because at the end of the day, it's just a video game. You lost progress, but you'll get it back... Accept that and move on, or find a healthier game to play. NO GAME is worth all of the bitching I've been seeing in here. At MOST it's worth an "damn it that sucks" and then move on. You people act like you're dumping your life savings into it... and if you are, stop.
      You keep saying "is a video game" like is something pejorative... is a GAME, a Hobby, even a sport for many. Imagine loosing a football match by forfeit because the stadium manager let your team OUT (cuz something was wrong with the stadium) and the other team was left inside.....

OK... my dear newbie... NOW imagen the football team who lost is made between 200/ 6000 players and NOW those players... cuz they "lost" will have to PAY to play again.... and get back what was already theirs...

NOW I invite you to go to YouTube and check what some fans (not even the players) have done worldwide for loosing "a game" and compare that with the very civil "bitching post" some of the affected guild members have done here...

May you are very noble... the kind of person who see every lost, no mater how unfair it is like an "opportunity",a half full glass person who even at nights imagine a rainbow in the sky... I CONGRATULATE YOU... but most people when they lose on unfair terms on something they put time and efforts.. they pisss offff ... and is ok to be angry, is ok to whine, to bitch, or whoever you what to call it, and ultimately is their right to do it both online and offline.

#MyLastPostToYou
    • Guupoipoi wrote:

Frawst wrote:

Guupoipoi wrote:

- albion online alternative...games please
      EVE Online. Streaming download - download and launch within 20 minutes and start your adventure today!
      i try this 2 or 3 times...but thats not my game
      I hate to tell you, but these are the only two games anything like this that are true MMO's (and the reason I am here.) RUST is a game with similar mechanics, for example, but it isn't an MMO.
    • Regarding other MMOs, Wurm Online is a full-loot PvP MMO with amazing terraforming engineering possibilities (in my view), but plagued by lack of population and gated by seriously hardcore grinding (much lengthier and more repetitive than Albion, with a skill system far more arcane than Albion). Also, while you can buy premium with in-game currency, it isn't free-to-play.

Apparently, however, they're resetting the primary server (Elevation) in the dedicated PvP cluster, targeted I think for early July, and I suspect there will be a relatively decent PvP population there for a short time. Skills won't be reset, but the cluster is designed to get new players PvP-viable quickly.
    • Eclipsus wrote:

Dirtydevil wrote:

This is complete BS - we lost a territory to a single GVG'er because we were locked out of the server but Brazilians were not. Your solution - we have an hour retaliation? Then servers are down for somewhere between half a day and full day. What a crock of crap. You would honestly think Albion was the only game to ever encounter DDOS attacks. Instead of bandaids look in to real solutions.
      Why are you so salty? It's a video game. And on top of that, it's not SBI's fault people are toxic and think it's cool to DDoS. If you think it's so terrible, then why are you not playing RuneScape or something? Instead of being salty about something they had no control over, why not be thankful that you even get to play a game like this in the first place and that the devs are actually trying to fix the issue? They could easily just leave the servers down (I would if I had a playerbase that was quick to talk all this trash when something like this happens), but they are working on getting it fixed so that you don't have to bear the thought of doing something in real life for a while.
      Go throw a frisbee around, play another video game, or take a nap. Eventually the servers will come back up and you can stop trash talking them until the next time some idiot decides to be a douchebag and do this again, because we all know you'll blame sandbox again when they do.

Eclipsus wrote:

Ohhh noooo. The servers are down. Now what am I going to do? Go outside?

Eclipsus wrote:

Litehammer wrote:

Dirtydevil wrote:

This is complete BS - we lost a territory to a single GVG'er because we were locked out of the server but Brazilians were not. Your solution - we have an hour retaliation? Then servers are down for somewhere between half a day and full day. What a crock of crap. You would honestly think Albion was the only game to ever encounter DDOS attacks. Instead of bandaids look in to real solutions.
      this is NOT a new game.. nor are DDOSing dipshits new to games. we have spent gold for gear to defend what terries we have .. actual money for the most part.. fix this shit or start handing refunds back for gold lost.. not some BS fame increase
      Who died and made you dictator?
      such a shit troll man.. pls. by all means go the hell outside and get off our nuts man.
    • Talion wrote:

Уважаемые игроки на Альбионе!

К сожалению, Альянс подвергся атаке DDOS-атак, явно фокусирующих нас и использующих совершенно новый вектор атаки.

Мы решили деактивировать игру до тех пор, пока мы не сможем снова корректировать нашу защиту.

Ожидается, что принятие решения займет как минимум полдня, поэтому не стоит ждать, пока игра вернется в сеть сегодня вечером.

Мы снова и снова можем играть в онлайн.

-Талион & Альбион Онлайн Команда
      ЧТО У ВАС ЗА СТАРОЕ ОБОРУДОВАНИЕ И СИСТЕМЫ ЧТО ВАС ТАК ЛЕГКО DDOSят ??? МОЖЕТ ВАМ СТОИТ СЕРЬЕЗНО ЗАДУМАТЬСЯ ОБ УЛУЧШЕНИИ ВАШЕГО ПРОЕКТА, ЧТОБЫ НЕ ТРЕПАТЬ НЕРВЫ СЕБЕ И ИГРОКАМ !?
    • Anyone know if they are changing their 3rd party DDOS defence provider ? They were using home.neustar/ a couple of weeks ago as the geo blocked my ISP IPs and had to get it unfucked ( /s Thanks AO team for sourcing them)

Or do they get a refund and find some one else who is going to IP geo screw people again ?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Syklone ().